Is the United States the greatest country in the world?

Asked by: mzoldos
  • Changed the world

The us as is one of the great countries because it always trying to make the world a better place then it already is. Before the U.S. Most countries had a king and a queen. The U.S. started a new shift in the world of power and government. The first country to change like the us was France.

• No it is not...

Let me first say I am not from the U.S but I also am not biased towards my country; Australia. Like many Australians I like the U.S.A but do not believe it the "Greatest" country in the world. The idea that one country is supreme over all others is silly considering how diverse they all are. Yes the U.S is number 1 in some areas; militarily and political influence wise. But it fails in many others such as healthcare. No one country is perfect and no country is the greatest.

• Yes, United States is the greatest country in the world

I definitely believe that the US is the greatest country in the world, because of the vast diversity that boils within the 50 states. America is the most powerful country in the world and it will continue to be for generations to come. America is the supoort beam for the rest of the world to lean on.

• I say yes in regards to US being one of greatest countries in world.

Of course the US is not the only greatest country in the world. Each country has its strengths and weaknesses, its riches incomparable to others. Each is number one in its own way and having national pride is good if we remain open to the riches and strengths of other countries as well.

We cannot forget the truths of freedom, human rights, democracy that our country stands for, nor the millions who have fought throughout the last few centuries to fight for those ideals in the armed forces, military, public services, and countless other facilities. But we cannot forget either the roots deeper and older from other lands and continents. We must revere the richness of Asian, African, European, Native American, and so on cultures, nations, and civilizations present and past, remembering not one as "better" or "superior" but all wonderful and amazing.

• Not the greatest country, no

Not the greatest, but still up there. I'd say China is the greatest and most powerful country right now. The only reason people don't see it is because China rarely involves itself with world politics unless provoked. The US is still powerful, but its power is waning. Especially with the newest presidential candidates now, its power will continue to fall.

• We Are Beggars

Our elected officials have traded our livelihood for their own political capital. By stealing from Social Security and borrowing shamelessly, they have effectively created a debt which is completely unmanageable. And yet they continue to spend as if it didn't matter. They are living in a fools paradise and taking us down with them. We citizens have given our leaders carte blanche and they have used that power to further their own personal ends at our expense. We are in danger of becoming the slaves of a totalitarian government. We need to wake up and turn back to God who is our only hope of averting horrendous oppression.

• No, the United States is not the greatest country in the world.

All countries are different, and have something valuable to add to the world as a whole. Trying to compare them and their individual worth is like trying to compare apples to oranges. The idea that the United States is the greatest country in the world is a false one. We are ranked number one at hardly anything desirable. So we are not the worst, but we are certainly not the best, either.