Is the United States the most hated nation on earth?

• It's a close one between us and Israel.

However I'd have to say that we're the most hated. We have a lot of enemies in the Middle East as well as China, North Korea, Russia and North Korea. And this doesn't include the general hatred that is spread across the world in general. I was in the UK just the other month and there is a lot of anti-america sentiment there because of the Iraq war etc. I can imagine that a lot of educated people in developed countries think the same way too.

Not that you can blame anybody for thinking this way. I mean American foreign policy has been kind of invasive for a long time now and this was only exasperated by the Iraq war. We have a long history of toppling foreign regimes that threaten our own interests and are getting pretty good at invading Middle Eastern countries for oil related reasons. Don't even get me started on Israel...

• The spotlight gets either loved or hated.

Right now the United States is likely the most hated nation on earth. As the most known nation on earth it receives the most attention and this attention will sometimes be very good or sometimes very bad. As a powerful nation the world looks to the US to solve the world's problems so as there are problems the US is currently hated.

• It's Lonely At The Top

Yes, America is hated by other countries. It is safe to say that it is the most hated. Poking our noses in wars, blaming others for our hardships, and being totally ignorant of other countries has led to the hate. Though I think some of the hate is confused admiration. America is the best country in the world.

• No, Israel is.

Israel’s continued violation of international law; the relentless persecution of Muslims; their barbaric, murderous and cowardly attacks on innocent Arab women and children means that Israel is regarded as a pariah state around the world, especially by Islamic countries. North Korea and Iran are other nations that are more disliked than the United States – indeed, I would say that, if it were not for Americas unwavering political, military and financial support of Israel, it would be one of the best-loved nations in the world.

• By some, perhaps?

In large, I don't think that there is one nation that is universally reviled. While the US has its fair share of detractors, I also think we blow that perception up in our minds to larger than it really is. All countries, especially ones as powerful as America, are certain to have enemies.

• Israel is the most hated nation on Earth.

Israel is hated because some country leaders hate jews some want a person to blame for the problems of the world and one country leader is a coward that loves jhaild that coward is the leader of gaza hamas Israel come back to Gaza the people are suffering I know right most peaceful country on earth,is the only democerency in the Middle East,left gaza for peace and gives needs to gaza note their trying to give it to civilians. I know right. Country that should be most hated is NK!