Is the universe conscious? (how areWe conscious of each others consciousness if there is nothing connecting our consciousness?) are we really conscious ina unconscious universe?

Asked by: xanax
  • Yes, because we are conscious.

The headline pretty much says it all. We are the result of the laws of the universe, and are made up of the same material of the world around us, so the universe, or at least parts of it, are aware of itself and able to manipulate the things around us.

• The universe is not conscious, but God is.

First of all, you need to define what you mean by conscious. Does it have active thought? Is it aware? Is it sentient? Secondly, this is like asking if a rock needs to be conscious of me for me to be conscious that there is a rock in my path. We can be conscious in anunconscious universe so long as we don't try to rationalize our existence as a cosmic accident. The universe is way too complex to be created by unconscious activities, and so are we. That leaves the only logical explanation to be that God created us and the universe. If God created us then there is no dilemma in us being conscious of each other's consciousness. Does that answer your question?