• Completely plausible theory

There are plenty of models of the universe that are infinite, and none of them at the time of speaking have lead to a contradictory proof. An infinite universe can still be compressed to a singularity, so there is no problem concerning it's origins, and therefore it can't be ruled out

• The universe has always existed even before we did and will continue to exist after we do not.

We only live in a small part of the universe. In earth and earth is in the universe. We only know of our solar system but there is much more beyond that which we cannot reach yet and probably can never explore it all. There is no way to know if the universe will cease to exist. But the earth could be gone and the universe would still be there. I believe that people have become narrow minded and only believe in what they know to be real and given proof. I think our universe has much more to it. Without the proper technology we cant travel far enough to know what else is out there but how can we create a device like rocket for people to travel if we dont know whats out there and cannot prepare for what could happen. The universe in my opinion will always exist with or without us. Time, energy,matter all of those things will always be there.

• The Universe Can Absolutely Be Infinite

Billions of years ago, a few particles joined together, and the big bang happened. The universe started as a super small area, and then expanded. The universe still is expanding. I think at some point, you could reach the edge of the universe. But, I also think that the universe keeps expanding and will never stop expanding. It is expanding so fast that we as humans could never possibly reach the end, even with a probe, because it expands too fast for us to catch up. So, I think that in terms of time, the universe is infinite. It may have an end, but the end will continue expanding forever.

• It is very large but it depends on how the end of the universe will happen

If the end of the universe is the big freeze then it could prove that yes the universe us infinite. If the end of the universe if the big crunch then that would toss your argument if the universe being infinite into the toilet. If the end of the universe us the big rip then either if us could be right but I guess we won't live to find out. Everything has an end the universe had a beginning from the big bang do somewhere out there their has to be an end.

• Not just yet.

The scientific view is that the universe was created nearly 14 billion years ago and has been expanding ever since. Therefore if it's still expanding, it's not infinite. Richard Dawkins posed a reasonable question to Neil Degrasse Tyson when he had stated that the universe would look the same wherever you were in it. He asked what would we see if we were at the edge of the universe. Unfortunately, Neil seemed to misinterpret the question and didn't give Dawkins a chance to reiterate as he tried to poke fun at asking such a question.

• Asking if "is the universe is infinite", to me is kinda like saying "Is the modern U.S. flag 50?" in terms of mathematics.

I think I get what you are trying to say, but I think a more coherent and formal question would be "Does the universe have infinite *insert dimension*". Also, it helps to make the question more analytic, like display a rigorous definition for each.

But to answer your question with my preferred, standard definitions on google:

Universe: All existing matter and space considered as a whole.

Infinite: (mathematics): greater than any assignable quantity or countable number.

Infinite: (less-mathematical) : limitless or endless in space, extent, or size; impossible to measure or calculate

Matter: physical substance in general, as distinct from mind and spirit; (in physics) that which occupies space and possesses rest mass, especially as distinct from energy.

Physical: of or relating to things perceived through the senses as opposed to the mind; tangible or concrete.

Space: the dimensions of height, depth, and width within which all things exist and move.

Paradox (etymology): a fundamental opinion that is derived from, yet, contrary to the intuitive opinion

To answer the question: "Is the universe infinite?", using the "less-mathematical" definition, that is paradoxical since it is comprehensible to have no boundaries whatsoever, just think what it would be like to have no limits on how weak and strong your arm is. So I am inclined, but not entirely presumptuous to say "no".

I don't feel like going into the fundamentals behind the rehashed question I made but I think even that is paradoxical.

Posted by: FT