Is the Universe part of an intelligent design (yes) or a random occurrence (no)?

• The Universe is part of an intelligent design.

The Universe is part of an intelligent design. If you look at the Universe from a far distance you will notice that everything seems to have a place and it truly is a piece of art in itself. I think the Earth and Universe have an amazing way of growing.

• The universe is part of an intelligent design.

There is much evidence to support the theory that the universe was created through intelligent design.The way that various parts of the world fit together show that someone or something intelligent had something to do with the whole thing.Each biological system almost fits in perfectly with each other through this type of design.

• Yes, the universe is part of intelligent design.

The universe, in my opinion, is part of intelligent design. What I find interesting is that the fossil record even largely follows the explanation of creation in the Bible, if one reads "day" as more of an epoch or extended period of time--and the Biblical story is from thousands of years before people understood the fossil record. It's difficult to imagine that so many precise and exact things could occur not only to create the universe, but also to create life itself, without an intelligent being at the core of it all.

• Our universe is fine tuned

The fine tuning of our universe has been verified even by those without faith. Explaining our fine tuned universe with a unproven multiverse doesn't answer the question of why our universe is fine tuned. Our universe is fine tuned, and that shows the obvious truth that our universe was designed by a designer.

• Intelligent design? Bollocks

Intelligent design... The terrible excuse of an argument with so called 'Evidence' which consists of- There's a pretty flower, god must of done it! Im going to ignore all the other dead and dying flowers which make me uncomfortable and simply block them off, because they make me question things about my position in this debate. And about whether this 'perfect world' which I want to believe is real oh so badly-is so 'perfect'?... I ask you, as a fellow human being. To please, open your eyes to the flower patch as a whole. We do NOT live in a perfect world- this is well put by Stephen Fry, and I quote:
    "you can't just say there is a god because the world is beautiful. You have to account for bone cancer in children. You have to account for the fact that almost animals in the wild live under stress, with not enough to eat, and will die violent and bloody deaths. There is not any way you can choose the nice bits, and say that it means there is a God, and ignore the true fact of what nature is. The wonder of nature must be taken in its totality."
    Yours sincerely,
    Atomicshell

• Intelligent design? Bollocks

Yours sincerely,
    Atomicshell

• Intelligent design? Bollocks.

Yours sincerely,
    Atomicshell

• Not as is

All evidence points to the Universe not being created in its present state - it as a set rule of laws that can explain how it works, and it is currently expanding from an origin point. While the Big Bang does not contradict God at all, it certainly does intelligent design.

• Random? Maybe? We can't prove it.....Yet!

At this point in time, science seems to support a random occurrence very strongly. Where It doesn't support intelligent design, I think of intelligent design as Christianity dressed up in a cheap dirty suit. It doesn't bring forth any facts but mere philosophy, and as Richard Dawkins once said " You could almost define a philosopher as someone who won't take common sense for an answer!"

• Universe is Random

In all likelihood, the universe is part of a random occurrence that only happened because the right things lined up. Science doesn't explain intelligent design, but it can somewhat explain how random occurrences could have formed the Universe. Therefore, we should accept that random occurrence caused everything that we know today.