• The students can't even spell!

I took a class with them it it was a joke. The spelling and grammar of most of the students were no better then the third grade level. What good is a degree if you still can't use basic English when you're done? Don't hey make you take a Christian World view course? Yeah, that's important.

• Yes, the University of Phoenix is a joke.

I think that anyone who has half a brain in regards to education would say that the University of Phoenix is a joke. It really is nothing more than a diploma mill with no real certifications or credibility to back it up. No one goes there to succeed in any fashion.

• Good school for those with severe learning disabilities

If you don't have the ability to think critically, spell, perform basic math operations, communicate, write properly, or express coherent thoughts... UoP is perfect for you. You'll probably graduate with an "A". Otherwise, don't waste your time. I taught there and saw the awesomeness that is a UoP student. Mostly laughable.

• The University of Phoenix should be ashamed!

I’m a tenured professor at a state-funded college. The following advice is for anyone who’s considering the University of Phoenix... Or any school that models their business along the same lines. The University of Phoenix is (first and foremost) a diploma-mill that heavily engages in predatory student recruiting practices. I call it a diploma-mill because although it has the word “university” in its title, it’s far from being a place of learning. If reputation, rigor, and value play an integral role in your decision making process, this ghastly school will NOT satisfy your needs even at the most infinitesimal level. You’ve been warned!

• Complete waste of money.

An education is considered an investment for the future. I taught there for 7 years and the quality of most of the students were below average. Plagiarism was so prevalent and when I reported it, it was completely ignored. They never assess their students for academic success. I would never hire a UOP graduate. I suggest spending your Money at other Universities that have a creditable reputation. Most corporations in the Midwest don’t respect degrees from UOP. Don’t waste your money.

• Better to not get a degree than to get one from UoP.

At least in the computer science/data/programming world... If you don't have a degree at all, employers might assume you're self-taught which will be far more respected. Every single graduate of UoP I've ever worked with was completely worthless in any professional capacity. Take all the money you would spend on them and buy a decent laptop. Then watch YouTube videos: Stanford lectures, programming tutorials, Khan Academy, etc... Anything like that and you will be faaaar better prepared for the workforce. It's seriously like a stain on your resume if you try to pass yourself off as college-educated with a degree from there. We literally throw those applications directly in the trash because not only will these applicants not have the skills or education to do complex work, but they weren't even smart enough to see that UoP was a scam. Sorry but it's true... I do feel bad for those that got scammed though - the commercials and marketing materials are misleading.

• Of course it's a scam

Just look at their commercials that are primarily on day time TV in between Jerry Springer and Judge Judy. They target people with a low education level. You won't find a job with a social science degree let alone with one from their school. Become an accountant like I did.

• Graduate Programs Lack Rigor

A former coworker of mine is a PhD student here. When talking about coursework, he showed me a syllabus of one of his classes. The class required a single page "academic paper" weekly. Even though this person was studying Psychology, there were no American Psychological Association (APA) requirements for this paper, among other issues. Furthermore, the school isn't even accredited by the APA, and PhD students pay thousands in tuition. If your school doesn't recruit you with a stipend and waved tuition to complete your research, it's a sign you have more work to do before engaging in graduate level coursework.

• Waste of money

I spent 20 grand on a gender studies degree from the university of Phoenix. I now work part time as a janitor there. I make about $40 a week and have rampant depression. I tried to interview for a full time job at McDonald's but when I showed the manager my degree he laughed out loud. He apologized shortly after and smiled saying "I'll be in touch"

• Waste of money

• Pro working family

My step-dad went the the UoP to get a Master's degree after he started a career in computers. That degree was vital to his growth in the field and the UoP provided the class structure and time he needed while juggling a full time job and a family. 15 years later, no one cares what school he went to for his graduate degree, just that he has one. This school is a good option for those who need to further their education but already have careers and can't go to a traditional school full time.

• University of Phoenix is a good school.

I met your mother at the University of Phoenix, and she is a fantastic woman. On our first date, we went out to a nice dinner and headed back to my place after. If it was not for the University of Phoenix, I would have never seen your mom naked. Thank you University of Phoenix.

#yourmomputsout

#yourmomputsout

#yourmomputsout

• What's The Deal?

I enjoy going to college at the University of Phoenix, which is way more of a learning experience than local college here. I went to class everyday just to hear the instructor fight with rude students on their cell phones the entire time. The learning is the same, but just with ruder students!

• What's The Deal?

• Not at all.

My work hours and family responsibilities would not allow for a more traditional education route, so I had to find another alternative.
    UoP was a little ahead of the game with the online classes, which I think brought about some initial questions, but now pretty much all schools, traditional and otherwise, offer classes this same way.
    I was able to advance my career and make a significantly higher salary.
    I tell friends no amount of education is ever wasted.

• I attended UoP and then went on to earn my MBA in a traditional brick-and-mortar school.

Online classes in general require far more discipline than traditional classroom instruction. It should be obvious that an online learning environment isn't for everybody. Personally, after four years of online classes with UoP, I was ready to sit in a classroom along side my fellow students and learn from a "live" professor who had the ability to answer my questions in "real time." So is UoP a joke? Absolutely not....Like any school, you get out of it what you put into it. My degree from UoP allowed me to get into a Master's program at a much more highly regarded school, yet I'd still say that my UoP courses were on par with my Master's courses as far as degree of difficulty and the amount of effort needed to graduate (with Honors, by the way).

• It's not a joke

The university of Phoenix has classes that are as difficult as a local, state or regional college. I've attended universities in Northern Michigan and can say that the classes at U of P were as difficult or more so than some of the classes I had at other colleges. The ability to be able to get an advanced education while supporting a family and working full time is extremely difficult and should never be looked down upon. I know students who attend major colleges who get less of an education due to excessive partying and lack of care by the institutes they attend.