• The students can't even spell!

I took a class with them it it was a joke. The spelling and grammar of most of the students were no better then the third grade level. What good is a degree if you still can't use basic English when you're done? Don't hey make you take a Christian World view course? Yeah, that's important.

• Yes, the University of Phoenix is a joke.

I think that anyone who has half a brain in regards to education would say that the University of Phoenix is a joke. It really is nothing more than a diploma mill with no real certifications or credibility to back it up. No one goes there to succeed in any fashion.

• 100 % A complete joke

For sure it's a overpriced joke!!! You can't even get a job with their degrees, NONE of the people in my class get a job with UOP degrees!!! People laughed at me when I told them I got the UOP degree! WASTED all my money and now I have debt because of this stupid school!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• UoP is a total JOKE!

UoP is a total JOKE; so as its student body. Reason/s: 1) student cannot spell and/or bad grammar without a coherent point; 2) over-priced joke; 3) no admission standards; 4) On-Notice with Higher Learning Commission; and 5) that dumb-a** commercial with "only if you had a brain" tune, and yes, if UoP students only had a brain. It sucks to be them LOL. Tip: why not go to U. Of Pennsylvania State, U. Of Massachusetts online, or U of Maryland online.

• Of course, no explanation needed.

UoP is a for-profit company which encourages and takes whatever funds they can from the government and potential victims. What a coincidence that the tuition is the same exact price as the maximum student loan anyone can qualify for. Most will never pay these loans back so the government and taxpayers end up paying the bill.
    UoP as well as all of these for profit organizations know how to take advantage of the uninformed and underprivileged. Community College offers just as many online courses with the opportunity to transfer to a four year university.

• It is a joke

Graduate level classes are rife with illiterate people. This is a money making scam. Notice the "positive" comments about this joke of a school, the grammar is horrible. I made the mistake a took a class at UoPX, and most of the classmates are right at an 8th grade level.

• Stay away from UOP

I've taught courses at UOP for over 5 years. During that time, I've gone from being fully supportive of its willingness to allow anyone in, to being skeptical of the curriculum, to now viewing it as a complete scam.

Over 90% of my students simply would not pass an entrance exam, if that were required, for basic grammar and writing skills. They are unable to talk intelligibly about subjects without making everything autobiographical. Plagiarism runs rampant, and they rely on the laziness of the professors to let it happen.

But it gets even worse. UOP is unapologetically for profit - even to the point of having an online store to generate additional revenue. Their aggressive and misleading recruiting practices are well documented, leaving students with unreasonable debt, all the while causing huge student loan defaults that burden the American economy.

Sadly, UOP is not a joke - there's nothing funny about it. It is a cancer on the individuals and the society that it uses to drive profits. Why this school hasn't been shut down by the government is beyond me.

I currently teach at a community college which does not accept credits earned at UOP. In the words of my faculty lead, "Even if they went to UOP, we still require them to take an entrance exam to test out of basic introductory courses, and most of them fail."

• Tutored a Student

I tutored a UoP student in Java programming. The curriculum simply required the students to copy and paste pre-written code snippets into a template (and the student I tutored couldn't even manage that). I would NEVER hire a UoP grad after seeing the low standards set in the curriculum and the caliber of students they churn out.

• Grading not selective enough

I am a professional who worked to obtain credits to sit for an exam. I studied the books pretty hard, prepared the assignments and got great grades. Was pretty happy until I realized that other students that post worthless comments on forums have the same grade. No need to work hard to graduate from UoP.

• UoPx faculty opinion

I've been faculty at UoPx for approximately five years on-ground and online. I do it solely for the extra paycheck. Simply stated, UoPx is a for-profit institution (under the parent corporation Apollo Group) and the only objective of the leadership is generating revenue via future indentured servants (students) paying exorbitant tuition for an inferior experience. Fortunately, the general public has learned that "schools" such as this are garbage, and the stock price and student population have plummeted in 2015 accordingly. I'd estimate 95% of the students I have had in over 40 courses at multiple campuses were borderline learning disabled or brain damaged. These adults cannot write, cannot spell, cannot add or subtract, and would legitimately fail junior high school coursework. Apologists who say UoPx is not a joke seek to defend their poor choice, but these folks would fail out of a respectable state school in their first semester. Most employers consider a "degree" from UoPx as toilet paper. I certainly would never hire anyone who earned a "degree" at UoPx. UoPx is a JOKE, a sham, a diploma mill. I almost feel sorry for people that attended there, but caveat emptor (let the buyer beware).

• Pro working family

My step-dad went the the UoP to get a Master's degree after he started a career in computers. That degree was vital to his growth in the field and the UoP provided the class structure and time he needed while juggling a full time job and a family. 15 years later, no one cares what school he went to for his graduate degree, just that he has one. This school is a good option for those who need to further their education but already have careers and can't go to a traditional school full time.

• University of Phoenix is a good school.

I met your mother at the University of Phoenix, and she is a fantastic woman. On our first date, we went out to a nice dinner and headed back to my place after. If it was not for the University of Phoenix, I would have never seen your mom naked. Thank you University of Phoenix.

#yourmomputsout

#yourmomputsout

#yourmomputsout

• What's The Deal?

I enjoy going to college at the University of Phoenix, which is way more of a learning experience than local college here. I went to class everyday just to hear the instructor fight with rude students on their cell phones the entire time. The learning is the same, but just with ruder students!

• What's The Deal?

• Not at all.

My work hours and family responsibilities would not allow for a more traditional education route, so I had to find another alternative.
    UoP was a little ahead of the game with the online classes, which I think brought about some initial questions, but now pretty much all schools, traditional and otherwise, offer classes this same way.
    I was able to advance my career and make a significantly higher salary.
    I tell friends no amount of education is ever wasted.

• I attended UoP and then went on to earn my MBA in a traditional brick-and-mortar school.

Online classes in general require far more discipline than traditional classroom instruction. It should be obvious that an online learning environment isn't for everybody. Personally, after four years of online classes with UoP, I was ready to sit in a classroom along side my fellow students and learn from a "live" professor who had the ability to answer my questions in "real time." So is UoP a joke? Absolutely not....Like any school, you get out of it what you put into it. My degree from UoP allowed me to get into a Master's program at a much more highly regarded school, yet I'd still say that my UoP courses were on par with my Master's courses as far as degree of difficulty and the amount of effort needed to graduate (with Honors, by the way).

• It's not a joke

The university of Phoenix has classes that are as difficult as a local, state or regional college. I've attended universities in Northern Michigan and can say that the classes at U of P were as difficult or more so than some of the classes I had at other colleges. The ability to be able to get an advanced education while supporting a family and working full time is extremely difficult and should never be looked down upon. I know students who attend major colleges who get less of an education due to excessive partying and lack of care by the institutes they attend.

• Times have changed.

Our society hasn't caught up to the new ideas and ways of learning. Some of us who are mothers, full time students and also full time workers need flexibility to get out degrees. School and life in general isn't cheap and many of our parents can't afford to send us to college which leaves us trying to get a good job that pays enough, being able to support ourselves and needing to go to school but be able to afford that school. U of P gives you the flexibility to be an adult that works full time and get your degree. I don't think the classes are easy AT ALL. I realize they are probably not going to hire me at a fortune 500 company but that's not where I want to work anyway.