• The students can't even spell!

I took a class with them it it was a joke. The spelling and grammar of most of the students were no better then the third grade level. What good is a degree if you still can't use basic English when you're done? Don't hey make you take a Christian World view course? Yeah, that's important.

• Yes, the University of Phoenix is a joke.

I think that anyone who has half a brain in regards to education would say that the University of Phoenix is a joke. It really is nothing more than a diploma mill with no real certifications or credibility to back it up. No one goes there to succeed in any fashion.

• Graduate Programs Lack Rigor

A former coworker of mine is a PhD student here. When talking about coursework, he showed me a syllabus of one of his classes. The class required a single page "academic paper" weekly. Even though this person was studying Psychology, there were no American Psychological Association (APA) requirements for this paper, among other issues. Furthermore, the school isn't even accredited by the APA, and PhD students pay thousands in tuition. If your school doesn't recruit you with a stipend and waved tuition to complete your research, it's a sign you have more work to do before engaging in graduate level coursework.

• Waste of money

I spent 20 grand on a gender studies degree from the university of Phoenix. I now work part time as a janitor there. I make about $40 a week and have rampant depression. I tried to interview for a full time job at McDonald's but when I showed the manager my degree he laughed out loud. He apologized shortly after and smiled saying "I'll be in touch"

• Waste of money

• Waste of money

• I'm faculty and would not hire a UoP grad

I've been teaching at UoP for over eight years. There have been a handful of good students but most of them are terrible. Most cannot string together a coherent sentence. Plagiarism rates are high. The 'university' has actually changed some of the courses so that research papers are no longer required. I suspect this is to reduce the plagiarism rates; maybe the university has abandoned any hope of producing graduates that can write well and think critically. I teach part time. As a full time IT professional, if I had to hire someone I would not hire someone with UoP on their resume. Sad.

• 100 % A complete joke

For sure it's a overpriced joke!!! You can't even get a job with their degrees, NONE of the people in my class get a job with UOP degrees!!! People laughed at me when I told them I got the UOP degree! WASTED all my money and now I have debt because of this stupid school!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• UoP is a total JOKE!

UoP is a total JOKE; so as its student body. Reason/s: 1) student cannot spell and/or bad grammar without a coherent point; 2) over-priced joke; 3) no admission standards; 4) On-Notice with Higher Learning Commission; and 5) that dumb-a** commercial with "only if you had a brain" tune, and yes, if UoP students only had a brain. It sucks to be them LOL. Tip: why not go to U. Of Pennsylvania State, U. Of Massachusetts online, or U of Maryland online.

• Of course, no explanation needed.

UoP is a for-profit company which encourages and takes whatever funds they can from the government and potential victims. What a coincidence that the tuition is the same exact price as the maximum student loan anyone can qualify for. Most will never pay these loans back so the government and taxpayers end up paying the bill.
    UoP as well as all of these for profit organizations know how to take advantage of the uninformed and underprivileged. Community College offers just as many online courses with the opportunity to transfer to a four year university.

• Waste of money

• Pro working family

My step-dad went the the UoP to get a Master's degree after he started a career in computers. That degree was vital to his growth in the field and the UoP provided the class structure and time he needed while juggling a full time job and a family. 15 years later, no one cares what school he went to for his graduate degree, just that he has one. This school is a good option for those who need to further their education but already have careers and can't go to a traditional school full time.

• University of Phoenix is a good school.

I met your mother at the University of Phoenix, and she is a fantastic woman. On our first date, we went out to a nice dinner and headed back to my place after. If it was not for the University of Phoenix, I would have never seen your mom naked. Thank you University of Phoenix.

#yourmomputsout

#yourmomputsout

#yourmomputsout

• What's The Deal?

I enjoy going to college at the University of Phoenix, which is way more of a learning experience than local college here. I went to class everyday just to hear the instructor fight with rude students on their cell phones the entire time. The learning is the same, but just with ruder students!

• What's The Deal?

• Not at all.

My work hours and family responsibilities would not allow for a more traditional education route, so I had to find another alternative.
    UoP was a little ahead of the game with the online classes, which I think brought about some initial questions, but now pretty much all schools, traditional and otherwise, offer classes this same way.
    I was able to advance my career and make a significantly higher salary.
    I tell friends no amount of education is ever wasted.

• I attended UoP and then went on to earn my MBA in a traditional brick-and-mortar school.

Online classes in general require far more discipline than traditional classroom instruction. It should be obvious that an online learning environment isn't for everybody. Personally, after four years of online classes with UoP, I was ready to sit in a classroom along side my fellow students and learn from a "live" professor who had the ability to answer my questions in "real time." So is UoP a joke? Absolutely not....Like any school, you get out of it what you put into it. My degree from UoP allowed me to get into a Master's program at a much more highly regarded school, yet I'd still say that my UoP courses were on par with my Master's courses as far as degree of difficulty and the amount of effort needed to graduate (with Honors, by the way).

• It's not a joke

The university of Phoenix has classes that are as difficult as a local, state or regional college. I've attended universities in Northern Michigan and can say that the classes at U of P were as difficult or more so than some of the classes I had at other colleges. The ability to be able to get an advanced education while supporting a family and working full time is extremely difficult and should never be looked down upon. I know students who attend major colleges who get less of an education due to excessive partying and lack of care by the institutes they attend.