Is the US Food and Drug Administration [FDA] Approval Process Subverted by Passing Bills and State Initiatives That Legalize Medical Marijuana?

• No, the FDA is taking too long to approve marijuana for medical purposes.

Something has to be done to get pot legalized for medical purposes that will ease the suffering of many. There may be subversion of the FDA going on, but if so it is a necessary subversion. Something has to make the tide change so that this substance is regulated and yet brought to those who need it.

• The Bills in states (such as Colorado) don't have distribution figured out

In the state of Colorado, the government still hasn't made official a regulated distribution network. People are still purchasing Marijuana from third party distributors. This would be akin to me growing carrots in a garden and selling them (at cost) to my friends. There was no FDA intervention. However, when governments figure out the distribution network, I am sure the FDA will regulate it.