• As far as entertainment the Voice wins, hands down

The voice is simply a lot more fun to watch than American Idol. The voice is more about the music, and the judges do a fantastic job of providing good critiques and funny entertaining moments. American Idol has had a lot more time to establish itself in the music industry since its an older show, which may make it better for contestants but as far as whats better for the viewers, definitely the voice.

• 'The Voice' takes a more realistic stanpoint than 'American Idol'

Yes, I do believe that The Voice is better than American Idol. The has already established vocalist to take the contestants under their wing, if chosen by the contestant, and train them on the proper route to be a successful singer. American Idol seems to just let the contestant flag in the wind with no real training. The Voice has a more realistic feel.

• The Voice Rules!!

The voice is a much better show than American Idol. I like the fact that the judges get to choose who stays and who goes more than the audience does. American idol is always about the fans and what they think. I don't like that at all. I think that talent opinions should come from professionals only.

• The Voice promotes singing more

American Idol is a great show and contestants may become famous and well-known there. However, I believe that the Voice promotes singing more than the American Idol. The Voice is also a more creative show, using the big red chairs in the blind auditions especially. Many people prefer the Voice more as well because it focuses primarily on people's voices instead of their looks thus turning around when you hear a breath-taking voice.

• Yes, I believe 'The Voice' is better than 'American Idol.'

I believe that 'The Voice' is better than 'American Idol.' 'American Idol' is has been on so long it is boring to watch. On the other hand, 'The Voice' offers a fresh new approach to the singing talent show. I think it is great that the judges don't see who is singing and have to rely on the their ears to make their choices! The knockout rounds are also very interesting to watch.

• Yes, by far.

Yes, it is better because it is just about the singing. That is what it should really be focused on. I am not really a fan of either one of these shows, but I much prefer the Voice. American Idol is too focused on other things and is just not good anymore.

• Yes way better.

The voice is way better because they dont judge the way the contestants look. They only care about the person's talent. This is one of the reasons why the voice is refreshing to watch. On the other hand, american idol has lost, in my opinion, a lot of viewers along the way.

• Yes, by far.

I believe that 'The Voice' is better than 'American Idol.' 'American Idol' has been on so long it is boring to watch. On the other hand, 'The Voice' offers a fresh new approach to the singing talent show. I think it is great that the judges don't see who is singing and have to rely on the their ears to make their choices! The knockout rounds are also very interesting to watch.

• The voice is better

The voice is better because its more fun to watch, the judges are having a great time and it rubs off on the audiance. Also It focuses on whats really important: the talent & the music. American Idol is more stiff, less relaxed, and it focuses more on the image of the judges and the contestants. It follows an old formula and feels stale.

• SINGERS are better in AMERICAN IDOL

You know what, american idol has indeed a great amount of time to showcase the talents of their contestants, and the voice only has a few weeks to do so, so it sucks to only have a basis using 3-5 performances only.
    Additionally, when you've watched most performances, you could easily say that American Idol has better singers, winners or not you could definitely count in some great singers.
    Jena Irene, Malaya Watson from season 13
    Angie Miller Kree Harisson, Amber Holcomb, from season 12
    JoshuA Ledet, Jessica Sanchez, Deandre, Skylar Laine, Hollie from season 11
    Haley Reinhart, Lauren Alaina, Naima Adedapo, Jacob Lusk, Pia Toscano, Stefano Langone from season 10
    and so much more to state.
    And the funny thing about it is that contestants who don't even pass the hollywood round or the auditions round of american idol made it to The Voice battle or knockout rounds which only means AMERICAN IDOL has more competitive singers than the voice.

PERIOD

• Voice is scripted

I think it's scripted because no one says one negative thing about a singer, which is why everyone thinks their singers are amazing. The contestants are so supportive and only say positive things about one another. The coaches act as if it's a tough decision when they have to choose one singer over another. Than when the decision is made they'll say something like "This person can win the entire show". It's fake and to a certain degree scripted. Almost phoney. IMO

• No, American Idol is way better.

Neither show uses blind auditions as the first round is seen by the people who choose the contestants to go on. Anyone who knows how reality shows work knows this is a colossal joke. Secondly, on American Idol you have a choice in your audition song. You will not even get through to see the judges on The Voice if you choose a song that is not a current chart hit. The fact that American Idol is better than The Voice is obvious from the fact that there has not been one chart success among Voice contestants. The reason is simple. Doing anything original is frowned upon on The Voice as it is all about ratings. The idea that there should be any talent on a show like that is nothing short of laughable.

• SINGERS are better in AMERICAN IDOL

and so much more to state.

PERIOD

• The Voice is all about the judges.

Only the judges on Voice make money selling records. You never see the winners again. Too much time is spent with the judges saying the same thing over and over, with no constructive criticism. I liked the show at first, and the blind auditions are fun, but I have to DVR it to skip all the nonsense.

• Not without a successful winner!

The reason nobody's became famous from The Voice is because everyone's great. Their most famous contestants? Cassadee Pope, Jordan Pruitt, Tony Lucca, The Morgan Twins, and Jesse Campbell-whom where already famous!!!!!!!! So they haven't created ANY famous singers! The top 2 famous American Idol contestants are Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood. And more!! But here comes The X Factor- who made Jedward, One Direction, Cher Lloyd, Little Mix, olly murs, Leona Lewis, and more got famous from The X factor. Some of them didn't win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two more from American Idol- Katherine McPhee and Jennifer Hudson. Even people who made their "own" famous , like Taylor Swift, The Wanted, and Justin Bieber are more famous. Just saying! !

• Not one contestant has a recording contract to date

I actually love watching the Voice. I'm a fan, but not so much for the "Amazing Contestants". I watch because I'm intrigued by the coaches, who they pick, what they have to say, the banter between them and more about what they're trying to do with their careers. When I want to actually purchase and see upcoming talent that is serious about becoming a recording artist...Hands down it's American Idol. Simon Cowell knew what he was doing!

• Every singer is great on The Voice, just ask the coaches

They never criticize anyone. They start with 64 singers, so there are well over 100 songs that are sung by the end of the season. And listening to the coaches, all 100 + songs are "amazing", "incredible", "extraordinary"', "powerful", "fantastic"......Good God, I could see Sinatra in concert and there would be a couple of songs that I could critique.
    But apparently 100 songs from amateurs , and there is never anything wrong with them.
    And it seems like every singer at some point tries to hit a high note (Screams !!!) because the coaches love it, and no matter how out of tune or off key it is, they get praised.

• American idol wins hands down

American idol has created way more artists that make it in the industry. Also, the voice is more about the judges winning rather than the artists themselves which is why after the voice shows you forget about the artists. I can get through a whole season of the voice without knowing the artists names while on american idol I remember every performance and everything about the artists themselves.

• Judging and musical knowledge

If this show were about "the voice", the judging panel would be something like a vocal professor (from a big school like Julliard or Eastman), a very successful virtuosic singer (like Renee Fleming), and maybe a gifted pop singer like mariah carey. Unfortunately, this show is just another American Idol show that encourages mediocrity. These judges are simply not equipped to help these kids become OBJECTIVELY better singers. Anyone can be FUN, but it takes work to be a great singer. OBJECTIVELY speaking. Let's get real. This show is about ENTERTAINMENT....Not the voice....Or musicianship.