• If not a religion, then at least a religious war.

The penalties for marijuana trafficking approach those imposed on serial killers. College kids that are shagging the buds are equally guilty as the fat cats in the eyes of the law. The result is an extra $100 billion a year in deficit spending to keep these ppl in prison for the rest of their lives; in order to fatten an out-of-control private prison industry, which is growing at 80%/year. The silence of the deficit hawks on this issue is deafening.

Furthermore, the drug war directly jeopardizes US national security, since the criminalization (especially at this level) of drug trafficking provides a lucrative source of terrorist funding. Our society (at least the ruling/political classes) considers terrorism (along with the aformentioned offenses) as being the lesser evil.

Such irrational beliefs reek of an organized religion. Some would argue, correctly, that its just a few professional sadists at the top seeking power as and end to itself; which is exactly what an organized religion is.

• Do you know what religion is?

Religion: a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

Then again, the dictionary is overrated.

• Is there the God of Anti-Drugs?

Is there a church that people attend? Is there a ritual that takes place? Have you ever overheard anything like this: I'm Baptist
    Well, I'm Anti-Drugian. That's what I thought. No offense, I do have respect for everyone on this site and against drugs, but this is a stupid question.