• According to the Bible, no.

If you did a fair count of the numbers presented and line them up, also taking into account things like the Babylonian Exile, (most stasticical data can be found in, you guessed it, the book of Numbers) you will get about 10,000 years. Not 6,000. That's a myth. A myth!

From a Young Earth creationist.

• Its not :P

Sorry I copied someone elses, but this guy had it on the ball AND I didn't feel like writing it out, just wanted to get my no out there :)

Stay away from Bible stuff, stick to the facts. 1, there is a tree in Sweden that is 9,500 years old; that in itself totally blasts this theory. Two, layers of snow, crushed by other layers, formed; these layers are called, what was it, umm snow ice I think. These snow ice represent one year; scientists discovered 680,000 layers of snow ice, which presents the earth's age as much older. Other facts, like the mere proof that some animal are covered in limestone, also disproves this as it takes a long time for fossils to be covered and preserved in limestones. There's just a plethora of proof that the earth is not 6,000 years old, or 4,000.

• It's Seriously Not

• The preponderance of evidence suggests it's much older.

Consider also that there are two different creation stories within Genesis. They cannot both be literally true. For example, they disagree as to whether humans were created before animals. There are plenty of other creation stories from ancient cultures which are not considered to be scientific fact. Why should the Pentateuch be treated any differently?

• I don't belive so.

I personally believe that there is a supreme deity, but that some of the Bible is to be interpreted differently, for example when the Bible says "on the first day, second day, ect.", I think that it was probably not simple days. Maybe each day represents a million years or something. There is pretty solid evidence that the Earth is over 10,000 years old.

• I don't think it is.

In John 3:16, it basically says that if you believe in God and the resurrection, that it doesn't matter what you believe. You will still receive eternal life. Anyway, I don't think it is because how did the Ice Age happen in so short of time? Did God create the Universe old?

rja7 says2014-02-09T19:58:03.247
This topic is extremely frustrating to us rationally thinking people.Young earth creationist like Eric and Kent hovind are a poison to the younger generations that are at risk of this kind of divine manipulation.There is carbon dating and numerous other scientific methods that disprove with certainty that the earth is far older than that.These same frauds claim that dinosaurs and humans coexisted.These people are difficult to talk to because they twist and manipulate the facts to fit there conclusions.They will take some info they got from some frindge nutjob scientist and spread it like gospel.