Is the world changing its mind regarding cannabis legalization?

• Recent changes support tbis hypothesis

The medical community has grown to recognize the health benefits and the political community has been more accepting favoring legalization in the past few years at a growing rate. Several countries have now moved to either medical regulations or total legalization including Colorado and Washington states in the United States

• Yes, it seems to be leaning in that direction.

It's a bit premature to say "the world" is changing its mind, however, there are many indications that our attitudes towards cannabis are changing. Apart from the obvious cases of States making recreational use legal, cannabis has also been in the news a lot lately for its medicinal benefits, and there seems to be less of a negative reaction towards that use. To my mind, this is the result of a change in attitude. The majority of the public has long seen cannabis as essentially beneficial with few drawbacks, while governments have continued to deem it illegal. I think the public has gradually changed the minds and hearts of its leaders to the point where there is a rapidly increasing recognition of its benefits.

• Yes, one baby step at a time.

I believe the world is changing it's mind regarding cannabis and is slowly working toward it's legalization. I also believe that the motivation for this is the huge amount of profit that can be made if it is legalized. I think this was started by the popularity of "medical marijuana". Many states are also seeing a whole new world of untapped and unlimited tax revenue.

• Yes it is

Yes, the legalization of this drug is starting to get favored more and more in the polls, and it will not be long before they will have it to where it is legal in all of the states in the US, and it will be seen as not a bad thing.

• No, the world is not changing its mind regarding cannabis legalization

There is more support for cannabis legalization than in the past, but it will be a long time before the stigma attached to cannabis is totally eradicated. There are still very few places where it can be obtained legally and people are still being arrested for possession of it every day. The sector wanting legalization is still a very small minority.