• They present many facts that are never reported by corporate funded media.

Corporate media by all the major news outlets rely heavily on advertisements. These ad agencies and corporations demand that the news on corporate media is cowardly and appeals to a wide audience.

They want a corporate agenda perpetuated at all times. They mostly want limited coverage on unions, the minimum wage, or the fact that capital is taxed at far lower rates than labor.

They also want the American public oblivious to the fact the USA exports poverty by bribing corrupt foreign governments to then pay foreign workers less than $1 an hour.

This creates poverty for the world and a few select billionaires.

• Biased, but who isn't?

Frankly, they're biased, but they're upfront about it. In today's media landscape, bias and sensationalised news sells and traditional news, unfortunately, doesn't.

I think it's better to go with someone who wears their bias openly and is upfront about their political standpoints so you can know the full context to view it in (and thus which 'grains of salt' to apply to the argument presented) rather than someone who doesn't. And just so we're clear - they're staunch leftists, not Democrats. Meaning they attack Democrats all the time and Republicans all the time, but they're nicer to people who identify as liberal and often demonise those who identify as conservative (which makes sense given their younger leadership vs traditional media).

It's either that or watch NHK English. They're pretty unbiased in their America coverage, but also pretty dry. Up to you. I think TYT is a lot of fun, even if Cenk can be immature and loud at times, and their coverage is good enough that if you can turn on your 'bias shades' and take things with the appropriate grain of salt, you'll come off extremely informed.

• They do admit they are liberally biased but so is every other cable network

Yeah they are biased but they will call out any politician (blue or red) More then 50% of their videos now are about politicians being lobbied so they are basically acting as watchdogs. You cant really consider journalist since they don't do any in field work (bedsides their recent documentary on Stockton) but they are doing a way better job then tv media in pointing out what is going wrong in america.

• They actually research their articles as far as I can tell.

They provide honest and newsworthy information on various topics. They ARE mostly progressives (if not all), but they never hesitate to call out democrats when they do something wrong or stupid.

From what I can tell, they endeavor to make sure that what they are reporting is as accurate as possible, and will make caveats when they feel they do not have enough information, such as their reporting on the Malaysia plane disappearance.

• Liberal media, bashing everyone equally.

This is coming from an outside-perspective, I got no interest whatsoever in republicans or democrats. However, to me it seems that TYT is more in line with neutral media outside of the US than other media outlets (that I know of) in the US are. Of course, they regularly bash republicans for doing heinous deeds, but this should not be taken as evidence for them being biased, it might actually be that republicans are just doing more heinous deeds (than democrats for example). Of course, they also do occasionally bash democrats as well, however, that is somewhat more rare. As for their long-term agenda, they seem to want to take money out of politics. This is how civilized countries have it currently, US should definitely follow.

• Liberal media that does it's best to bash everyone equally.

That is, they mainly make news of outrageous failures outrageous business practices, outrageous politics or anything else you can prefix with outrageous. This of course means they are mostly bashing republicans, since republicans and big corporations are regularly crushing little people, but when democrats go and do something dumb, they'll be sure to report that as well. That is just a bit more rare tbh.

This is coming from someone not really rooting for republicans or democrats.

• Keeping the establishment in check

The Young Turks have no qualms about criticizing Democrats, Republicans, liberals, conservatives, or libertarians. Additionally, TYT rarely misses an opportunity to criticize President Obama. TYT is one of the last bastions of a free press that isn't beholden to special interests. TYT is a member-supported network of shows, making their only special interest the public.

After all, consider the reason Cenk Uygur departed MSNBC. MSNBC asked Uygur to tone down his reporting in order to keep certain establishment figures and advertisers happy. Networks like MSNBC, Fox News, and CNN increasingly trade truth in information for access to noteworthy politicians, which threatens the fabric of our free press.

While TYT tends to favor libertarian and liberal perspectives, that is no comment on its reliability. For example, if you watch Fox News for a day, you'll find their anchors and hosts often get the facts wrong. While that happens from time to time with any news show, the Young Turks are quick to make a correction when something goes awry. It's an excellent news show and I'd recommend it to any who has an interest in civil liberties (e.G. LGBT issues, marijuana legalization, NSA surveillance), abuses of power by law enforcement, and American foreign policy (e.G. Interventionism, wars without declaration, etc.).

• The Young Turks is a liberal commentary show and news show that does not distort statistics and scientific fact.

The Young Turks gives a liberal perspective to the absurdities and lies of every network news station. It is both a commentary show, and it is a news show. I don't always agree with their perspective, but they do not distort the facts, or criticize without good argument (most of the time). The Young Turks despite many misinformed people who think that it is a blindly pro-Democrat show is not that at all. They criticize Democrats and Obama all of the time. Of course they are liberals, but FOX news, for example, gives the illusion of a debate, but they either beat up on the one liberal on a five person panel, or they debate someone who is pseudo liberal and agrees with them on many points. CNN does not care about journalism, but the opinions of the right and the left. I call it the Red vs. Blue channel. They rarely challenge the politicians' false claims because they care about access the most. The major news networks (MSNBC, FOX, CNN) are owned by large corporations, and thus will not criticize their advertisers or the government when it threatens their bottom line. They also won't criticize politicians like The Young Turks does because they believe access to politicians largely affects how many people watch their station. If you want a pseudo debate in which very few people back up their claims with true facts watch a show on a major news network. If you want to watch agnostic liberals comment on American culture, relay the news from reliable sources, and give a liberal perspective to politics and world events, watch The Young Turks.

• Bias Does Not Matter

Yes, TYT IS liberal. That doesn't make them a bad source for news. First, they report the facts, then they give their opinion. Those are two very distinct time periods and for anyone to see their opinion as fact is almost impossible.
    Most of the "lies" that they report are actual errors in reporting, not their liberal bias showing. And, in fact, they do correct themselves, sometimes even having more than one update to the story.

• Yes The Young Turks

May be left leaning but ultimately unafraid to criticize, and at times scathingly, those ostensibly on their side that misstep; consider their many critiques on Obama. Further, TYT is probably centre/left of centre as the rest of the free world (outside of the United States) goes. Though TYT at times does misreport or overstate, it is often good about correcting itself.

• Not at all.

It is extremely liberal and extremely biased. It frequently attacks non-Democrat figures and twists their words around and calls them all sorts of names. It also flat out lies. After the vice presidential debate, it actually said that Joe Biden "clobbered" Paul Ryan. No joke. Need any more proof for their unreliability?

• Racist, Liberal, Pro-Democrats

TYT tell complete misinformation with an extreme liberal Bias. All they want to report about is "idiot conservatives." They are obviously pro-democrat and I think are a disgrace to this country. Maybe they should actually tell the truth instead of misinforming people on subjects they have absolutely no clue about.

• Another biased liberal "news source."

Please show me one of there videos where they take a conservative stance on anything. And that's fine if they're liberal, but don't lie to people and say you're unbiased. It's been a real effective tactic of the left to push their views as unbiased and open minded in order to increase their following. They try to set their views as the norm so people think that differing points of view are radical. Tyt is just another example of this.

• Used to love them

Used to love them, and still watch for entertainment value, but their analysis has gotten too propoganda-driven, and literally about half the show is on celebrity gossip. Also, they charge too much, make too much, and Ana has gotten really annoying. She reminds me of my 16 year old niece.

• Don't really know what they're talking about

Most of the videos are just a misinformed cenk shouting at the camera with Ana butting in every now and then to either blame religion or quote a drake lyric. There are better shows to watch like democracy now, RT or Al-Jazeera. The young Turks don't give an in depth analysis on any subject, 50% of the videos are about pointless celebrity or pseudo-scientific crap and overall they just don't know what they're talking about.

• Ragingilngly biased show

Well i see a lot of these comments like well their biased but who isnt. The are nothing vut people trying. Spread their opinion avout current events to swing other more impressionable people to their side of the argument. I agree with em on some things and disagree with them on others. There bias is out of control. It panders to the people that want to hear their opinion being reinforced. It does nothing for the person who wants an intelligent two sided discussion on current events. So in conclusion no it is not a reliable news source.

• Not anymore. Agenda based - Leftist O'Reily.

As an atheist, democratic, and very liberal person who grew up in socialist Russia, even I have begun to hate them. It's not per se their views, but their devolving lack of objectivity. 2010-2011 I loved them. But then they started to appeal to the libertarian masses and ridicule anyone or anything that doesn't agree with their views. As a science loving secularist, I value truth, which is no longer paramount to the young turks

• They race bait.

They recently saw them give a very biased report on a poorly done study conducted at Stanford. They took the poorly done study, and without giving any facts, they jump straight to the conclusions about how all white people must be racist because of that what the facts of this study must show. Looking into the study I found that it was done on an extremely small focus group and poorly done. The Young Turks took the study and ran with it in their Race Baiting news story.

• They are pro-Hamas, pro-terrorist

They are completely disrespectful to all religions. They claim not to be anti-Semitic, but it is so clear that they are. They ONLY criticize Israel, not even giving reasons for their defensive attacks. They get upset that the Gaza-Israel death toll is not even. Sorry that you guys want more Jews dead, but our government protects us from rockets, while Hamas uses children and women as human sheilds. They make fun of Jewish customs. Totally biased, completely Hew hating, and extremely arrogant.

• No research based reporting on TYT....The bias is strong with this bunch.

I've seen their videos, even though I am conservative. I'm the type of conservative that understands that there are things wrong within not only my party, but all parties and the political system itself. There is no actual research based reporting on this network. It's all opinion based and they make sure to offer only far left opinions, with far left anchors and far left guests.

jlkce says2016-01-03T03:50:18.307
24% YES vs 76% NO = WTF?

OP - Be more specific. Reliable or biased? Political or not?
They are not misinforming, you they'e not lying. They are pretty damn reliable as much as you will find googling a story you may have doubts about.
If you have doubts, which you obviously do (good for you), check other sources. If you're in the states, check news from other countries. If you feel one may be leaning in one direction then you're probably right. Go check another.
It's a good thing to hear as many sides as possible because not one single media source on this earth is reliable one (politically).
Having said that & unfortunately read some comments here - I vote DEM but I find TYT too biased/one sided so I don't like watching them anymore. Nobody wants to be shovel-fed crap they already know.

And to you top "No" voters - you guys need to go look up the meaning of LIBERAL again/for the first time because you have no clue what you're talking about. Also goes for a fair few of you "Yes" voters.
center-right says2016-02-14T19:04:22.187
I guess jlkce doesn't live in the real world.

Yes, there is a reason why the spread is so high on the distrust of the young turks. Do they research their arguments? Sure..Right out of the rules for radicals far left handbook of untruths and crazy interpretations.
I remember the hilarious positions the young turks have taken on interpreting the second amendment. Does it matter that the supreme court disagrees with them? Not at all! Which is one of many reasons why they are not to be taken seriously let alone trusted.
I mean anyone can use bad logic to debunk an argument. That doesn't make them right or the article backed by "facts". In truth there there are no facts at all with the turks..Just far left opinion that is in the minority.
So, If you want to hear simple sentences broken down into ridiculously long diatribes and re-interpreted go listen to the turks. But if you want facts grounded in reality and not university indoctrination go elsewhere because you will never get any truth out of the young turks.
center-right says2016-02-14T19:04:37.137