Is there a culture of violence against women in the U.S. military?

• Told you so

There is no "culture of violence" in the military. What is happening was predicted. All it is is academic idiots trying to legislate away human behavior. Ya, here's a great idea, we will put women in with a bunch of 18 to 25 year old high testosterone killing machines and they should treat the woman as equals. I mean why wouldn't they? Women are not equal to men in strength and disposition. They are two completely different animals. Listen up ladies, men act different when a lady enters the room or area. Don't think for one minute they don't, no matter what any guy tells you. And ya, there's always that rare exception to everything but it doesn't justify mucking up the works to accommodate the non rare exceptions. My opinion has nothing to do with bigotry or racism or any of that politically correct garbage it is a fact of life. Putting women in with men in this situation is like putting a sign on the back of women that says rape me if you think you can.

• No, there isn't any culture of violence against women in the military.

No, I don't believe there is a culture of violence against women in the US military. Although there have been isolated incidents of violence against female military members, there are not nearly as many as compared to other countries' militaries. Overall, there isn't a pattern to show that there is indeed a culture of violence against American military women. This does not mean, however, that it is something that should be taken lightly. According to statistics, any REPORTED incident is usually taken very seriously, the problem is that many of these incidents go unreported, which is what really needs to be investigated.

• No, there is not.

I almost wish there was, because that would be easier to deal with. Instead, there is a trend of ignorance. Women are overlooked as option in many scenarios, even if they would be the most qualified. When someone enters the armed forces, they stop being a man or a woman and they start being a soldier. If they are on the job, they should all be treated equally and held up to the exact same standard.