• Yes it can be cured

Man ypeopleallaroundthe world havechangedinto straight next thing homo is not natural all the males have the same testrogen and sperms most of the males are hetero being homo is a mental illnes or an fun thing now many gay people think it is cool but it is not only trans cannot be cured becoz of harmonal changes and next thing gays now are giving friend req and spoiling others mind by sending gay porn photos it happened to me tooo

• Choices can be changed.

Many celebrities were heterosexual (sometimes even married) before they decided that they were actually gay. Logically, gays can decide to be straight just as the celebrities decided to be gay. We should encourage gays to get therapy. It is no secret that, when society make something seem normal, it occurs more frequently. For example, after those anti-bullying videos featuring the stories kids who were bullied and then killed themselves, suicides rose amongst kids who viewed that as a normal reaction. The biggest cure would be societal pressure to get help.

• I believe that...

Being gay is a choice. A normal guy wants to have sex with a woman, right, that dosn't mean he can go having sex with every woman he sees, he just uses self control. In the same way a gay guy can just control the want to be with another man and become more normal. Im only 14 and I know this stuff. Come on guys.

• It is a behaviour not a disease, therefore it can be changed.

This 'lifestyle' does fit rather well into the individualistic / capitalist movement of our times which accept (read - doesn't question) what is happening. Homosexuality could become 'normal' but not natural. Many people are in this situation because of pathological reasons, family dynamic reasons etc. It is a disorder not an disease. Sorry, but I sincerely believe this. Why has there not been any deeper debate on this question? We are just told that we can't say it is an illness etc. I have a degree in psychology as well as further studies in the area and have dealt with people sharing their views on their sexuality - it's difficult but really there many reasons why someone might 'choose' this 'lifestyle that at NOT healthy or GOOD for them - on purpose, even self hatred. It's complex not easy.

• Yes, In All Reality, It Is.

It's a choice to act on those tendencies. And there are methods that can help change those tendencies. Ever heard of gay camps? They actually do indeed make progress. There are many gay men and women who have said they've changed, become straight. Using those methods and God as a cure.

If you're a very outgoing and outspoken person, often loud and blunt, and you purposefully think you're the opposite, purposefully act the opposite, and purposefully say you're the opposite, you're actually controlling your mind, and eventually you will indeed become the opposite. The same applies to homosexuality. It's not purely nature, much of it is indeed nurture.

• I personally believe that homosexuality is a choice.

Any choice has a "cure," it may not be a medical cure or something of that nature, but it can be stopped if chosen. Its no different than taking drugs, you chose to do it, you can choose to stop it. Its not a disease, its an illogical lifestyle choice.

• I believe that

I believe that being gay is a choice ungay guys want to have sex but they don't go sleeping around with every woman they see. (most guys.) In the same way gay guys just need to implement some self-control and get over the want to be with another man, and change gears to be come a normal man. I'm only 14 and I know this stuff. Come on guys!

• I believe that a true belief in God is the only cure for homosexuality.

I believe that a true belief in God is the only cure for
    homosexuality. Many people say that
    people can be born gay. I don’t believe
    that. I think that almost everything
    that human beings do is a learned behavior.
    There are communities on earth where being gay is unheard of.

• Choice or pushed

It's personal choice, or people are pressured or coerced into it. It's a decision made by oneself or is forced onto one. Therefore help can be found. An alcoholic will swear blind they don't have a problem, some gays would love it not to be their own problem, but I believe it is their choice.

• It might not be a choice but ...

I don't think that homosexuality is always a choice. When people say that they did not choose to be gay i totally believe them because why would you CHOOSE to have sex with someone you don't desire. However, I argue that being homosexual is more of a mental issue. Now hear me out for a second. How do i know this? I myself am a homosexual... Well .. Kindda .. Not sure .. I guess I am ? Because i used to think that being attracted to the same sex is gay and homosexual, and when i hit puberty I felt sexually attracted to some boys while i was developing attraction to girls . And sometimes i would prefer boys over girls. And because boys are waaay easier to hang out with and talk to, i started relationships with then and got so attached that i used to test myself and open up straight porn and i would feel NOTHING!!! Sometimes even disgust!! So by then I "accepted" who i am and fully recognized myself as gay .. Because as far as i'm concerned that is what every one would categorize me as, right ? NOPE .. Totally WRONG and i have just wasted 7 years of my life chasing boys XD ..How? Long story short: i broke up with my last boyfriend (he was a douche) and went away from him and everything that reminded me of him and i stayed with my family.. Meanwhile i randomly chose to stop masturbating and watching porn just to see how long i can last .. Three weeks in, i saw a pic of a naked girl and i didn't mind her body at all, in fact i liked it a little bit. And the thoughts of dating girls started to come to my mind and it was at first so ridiculous. But then i started to feel aroused by the idea of having a girlfriend.. I then realized that my stupid body wants to have sex with ANYONE .. Anyone that is available and welling, the problem was that the only people available back then were teenage horny boys.. So I came to believe that being gay is not a choice by itself,, but it's a results of the poor choices you make in your teen life. I'm currently really looking for a girlfriend even thought that the thoughts of boys excite me way more that girls but I'm very very sure that that is only because of my history and how i conditioned my body and mind to one thing. And i'm sure someday i'll look at how stupid i was for thinking that just cuz i got off on something that doesn't mean that is who i am ... Think of people of are in prison, are they gay for having sex with other inmates ? Or just trying to relief themselves like animals who don't know better.

• I don't need a cure.

My sexual preferences do not affect you in any way, but your attempts to change my orientation affect me more than you realize. Your attempts to change a fundamental part of who I am because of your personal belief system not only violates my freedom, but it denies me one of my most basic human rights: the pursuit of happiness.

• For the bazillionth time, HOMOSEXUALITY IS NOT A SIN!

Therefore, we can't talk about a cure. It is not a choice either. It's a lifestyle that's only different from yours when it comes to love. And seriously, who are we to care about what gender people love, or have sex with?

It's just so silly, mind your own business already!

• It's not a disease.

Homosexuality is a lifestyle, not some kind of disease that can be cured. There's obviously something wrong if you if you think there's a cure for it. If you have a problem with it, fine, but don't be so judgmental and act like it's an illness. There is NOTHING you can do about homosexuality.

• We're all a little gay inside

Whether we want to admit it or not..I think every person has feelings of attraction toward the same sex and we'd be lying to ourselves if we didn't. I truly believe that a person who identifies as Lesbian or Gay would have a sexual relationship with a person of the opposite sex...Its all about ATTRACTION and chemistry. Hell I'm a straight woman and I find myself attracted to other women just because they are "hot" or "sexy," and just because I dont act on it doesnt mean I'm not a little gay on the inside. Hell, I embrace it!

• IF YOU VOTED YES, PLEASE ANSWER ME THESE QUESTIONS:

1. What do You think caused your heterosexuality?
    2. When and how did you decide you were a heterosexual?
    3. Is it possible that your heterosexuality is just a phase that you may grow out of?
    4. Is it possible that your heterosexuality stems from a neurotic fear of others of the same sex?
    5. Do your parents know you are straight? Do your friends?
    6. Why do you insist on flaunting your heterosexuality? Can't you just be who you are and keep it quiet? And/or do Your roommates know?
    7. Why do heterosexuals put so much emphasis on sex?
    8. Why do heterosexuals feel compelled to introduce others to their lifestyle?
    9. A disproportionate majority of child molesters are heterosexual. Do you consider it wise to expose children to heterosexual teachers?
    10. Just what do men and women do in bed together?
    11. Bearing in mind the current divorce rate, why are there so few stable relationships between heterosexuals?
    12. Considering the menace of overpopulation, how could the human race survive if everyone were heterosexual?
    13. There seem to be very few happy heterosexuals. Techniques have been developed that might enable you to change if you really want to. Have you considered aversion therapy?
    14. Would you want your child to be heterosexual, knowing the problems they would face?
    15. Your mother will still love you even though you're heterosexual.

• Now, why would you want a silly thing like that?

Perhaps I'm biased, as I am a gay man, but I don't see why anybody would even want a cure in the first place. I'm quite content with my sexuality, and I'm certainly having a fun time with it. As for the right wing/conservative/religious, think of it this way: If you cured every gay person, you'd have so much less to complain about. We make everybody's lives more interesting, I think...

• No, Homosexuality is not a disease

Homosexuality is not a disease or even choice. In the past, it was classified as a mental disorder and has since been debunked. The social stigma of being homosexual needs to end. The idea that we are still asking questions like this is an indicator that this stigma exist. Homosexuality does not need to be fixed or cured. It is a natural state.

• No

Homosexuality is completely natural and is not something that can be cured. Just like how heterosexuality cannot be cured. Homosexuality occurs in wild animals as well as in people and should not be condemned as it is neither a choice nor a disease. It would be harmless even if one did have the power to choose their sexual orientation.

• There is no cure for homosexuality.

A cure is a treatment, or something to fix a problem or illness. You cannot cure homosexuality because homosexuality is not an illness. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Whilst many Catholics will say that homosexuality is a sin, they are not to judge. They are mere mortals who cannot decide what God thinks or does. Doing so disconnects them from god, because the whole catholic religion is about forgiveness and love. It's also about anti-hate. So how can you possibly consider yourself a true catholic if you envy others. Besides, it isn't up to a human to decide the fate of someone, and really it's not any of their business. If someone is a homosexual, that is between them and God. Nobody else. Lastly, love is love. Who cares if it's between a man and a woman, a woman and a woman, or a man and a man. How does it directly effect you? And if there can be inter-racial marriage, why is that any different from same sex marriage? Overall, Homosexuality is not something to be cured, or a problem. It's just another sexual orientation, or one loving another. If your purpose is to destroy love, again, you cannot be a true believer. Let love be.

• Nature is a funny thing

There are various examples of homosexuality In various species of animals, including an entire species of lizards comprised of only females. It is likely a natural form of population control that species with few predators have.
    There is also many studies that have shown sexual orientation to be linked to genetics, it is very complex and takes hour of research to understand