Is there a difference between christianity and catholicism?

Asked by: Foodiesoul
  • The Catholic church does not teach the gospel

It is obviously a denomination of Christianity, but there is more to it than that. Catholicism teaches the holiness of Mary, praising her as if she is almost next to Jesus. Catholic churches do not preach the message of being saved, but rather how to be a moral human being. The Catholic church tremendously helps the community, but it does not call people to what the word of God does.

"Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit." (Matthew 28:18-19)

• Yes it is

The question didn't ask for an explanation so one is not given the question didn't ask for an explanation so one is not given the question didn't ask for an explanation so one is not given the question didn't ask for an explanation so one is not given the question didn't ask for an explanation so one is not given

Posted by: mall
  • Yes it is

Posted by: mall
  • Catholics are Christian

As a rebuttal, I have to bring up Luke 1:28 " Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women." That is pretty unambiguous regarding Mary's holiness and God's messengers are not in the habit of lying. I would like to meet the person who would tell Jesus to his face that his mom isn't holy.

Also, Jesus disagrees with he claim made, "The Catholic church tremendously helps the community, but it does not call people to what the word of God does. "

Which flies in the face of John 14, "Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me—or at least believe because of the works themselves. Truly, truly, I tell you, whoever believes in Me will also do the works that I am doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father."Why would Jesus say this just to turn around and go back on his promise?

As far as the person who offers no explanation because one is not required and put it down twice. At least the other guy was backing up his vote with a source when he decided to vote twice and obscure the results. It appears you are as lazy as you are unethical.

• No, there is no difference.

In my argument, I will directly quote the Catechism of the Council of Trent, Article IX, "Holy":
    "The Church is also to be called holy because she is united to her holy Head, as His body; that is, to Christ the Lord,' the fountain of all holiness, from whom flow the graces of the Holy Spirit and the riches of the divine bounty. St. Augustine, interpreting these words of the Prophet: Preserve my soul, for I am holy," thus admirably expresses himself: Let the body of Christ boldly say, let also that one man, exclaiming from the ends of the earth, boldly say, with his Head, and under his Head, I am holy; for he received the grace of holiness, the grace of Baptism and of remission of sins. And a little further on: If all Christians and all the faithful, having been baptised in Christ, have put Him on, according to these words of the Apostle: "As many of you as have been baptised in Christ, have put on Christ"; if they are made members of his body, and yet say they are not holy, they do an injury to their Head, whose members are holy. "

Thegreatdebate98 says2016-06-06T18:57:00.753