Is there a dramatic difference in culture between blacks in the US compared to blacks in Europe and Africa? If yes, include the differences.

Asked by: Talib.ul-Ilm
  • Yes, there is a massive difference.

First off, there is an even larger difference between Europe and Africa. So, moving on! Black people in the US have a massive stigma attached to them which is both a crime against them and the cause of its own existence. They fall under a recurring stereotype as ignorant thugs and harlots. Thanks to this view and the years of being segregated into their areas, they have very little hope of moving past this. By and large, the majority live in low income areas because they cannot afford better schooling or situations. Lack of education or access to fancy attire, such as the business world prefers, leads to an inability (imposed by society) to elevate their situation.

Despite claims of 'equal employment' or a lack of discrimination, it still exists. And each movement to lend advantages (such as funds, scholarships and such) to ONLY people of one ethnic persuasion only increases the general dislike by the populace. Living in poor areas and being looked down as such reinforces the pack mentality that is already present in humanity. It starts to become a matter of 'If I'm going to blamed anyway, I might as well give them a reason' and outlashes occur. In the event that someone wishes to be different, their own family and neighbors will look down on them and scorn and abuse them, accusing them of forgetting their roots.

• Definitely. Without a doubt.

I've heard that blacks both in Africa and Europe, when they come to the States, are very put off by blacks in America. I personally believe that the culture is self-destructive. Anonymous wanted to point out the economic differences, but ignore the social ones. Martin Luther King was a great man, and I am sure, sure, that he would be disgusted by the culture of his descendents today.

Rap music, which is like a Bible to many inner city blacks, and other races, is mostly about getting rich quick, treating women like mean, selling drugs, gang violence, YOLO, being selfish and much more. And what's worse is that this culture and influence is now seeping into the rest of America, into the minds of our youth.

• Undoubtedly so, unfortunately.

Even though we have people like Neil de Grasse Tyson and Martin Luther King Jr. Blacks from Europe are decidedly more tolerable and more knowledgable overall. They are not known for crime, violence, drugs, and horrible music like most blacks are in America. Blacks in africa are usually disease ridden, but by no fault of their own.

• Yes, there is a massive difference.

• Oblock bang sosa

J did sjz ssjzkma ajchds ajchds sjdns djdbsbdjdnsjd sjdns dxbdhs a i s if ej543 jsnk(!$$ jsneiwjwkákdjdnesjs n she and d d d f fg g g g g g g g. J b c s w s x v h. Y. DC v h f f c. Vg c x

• Black Culture Uk!

In England, Great Britain uk, Most Black people desend directly from 'The Caribbean and Africa'! It is true, we brought our culture to the UK, during 'The Windrush Times'! The Caribbean people especially, were invited by the queen as part of the common wealth, to come and rebuild the country! Post World War (2)! Racism is not that bad in the UK! I'm Mixed Race! My mom is Black Caribbean and Ny dad is White English/Irish! I love been mixed race! I'm neither Black nor White but both. Call me what you want! I have love for both of my cultures, heritage and parents! I get the most racism from Black Women, here in the Uk. It makes me angry! You would expect, white people to be racist, here in England! A lot of Black people are more racist to there own people. Especially the mixed race people. Not all the time! We are Humanity, we should learn to love each other, regardless of skin colour.

• An African who is American in Thomas Sowell.

Look him up. This man would be a great role model for African-Americans, but unfortunately the entertainment role models in America matter more at the moment. Once the African-Americans begin to recognize there own demise as current products of their own self-fulfilling lifestyle rather than the facade of "white privilege" they will hopefully be compelled to improve their social environment.

• African Americans,African Europeans,Africans: FAR DIFFERENT CULTURES

Since the sixties,African Americans have adopted a ghetto,thuggish culture which was the reaction to the lack of jobs and opportunity in hollowed-out inner cities (Detroit,Chicago,Los Angeles,Cleveland,etc.) after white flight.Rap followed in the eighties,and when the miass incarceration of African Americans began under "Bubba" Clinton,black communities were decimated,the children lacked role models except rappers and basketball stars,and grew EVEN FURTHER APART from the U.S. main-
    stream,so much so that people within a few miles from each other dress,speak,recreate,worship and generally live apart like strange nations.
    I gather that,though racism exists in Europe,black Europeans and white Europeans are in FAR CLOSER PROXIMITY,so there's less personal AND CULTURAL dissonance.

• Attitude makes the difference.

There is a great difference between the African cultures and the American Culture. The main difference is Attitude. In American Blacks feels the right of Entitlement, but this view of entitlement are believe by most Americans not limited to the blacks. The secound part of the equation is that there is no sence of Urgency to Succeed Or Improve oneself Knowledge is view as weak and Wrong

• Until he have destroyed thee

Who creates a culture? Who decides the names blacks are given such as american, african, black this and that, etc? Not all Black people are from the same origin/race. Sadly blacks of the slave trade and those conquered by colonialism in Africa has been striped of their culture, language, true nationality, foods, names, homeland etc and has now been assimilated into the political, economic, education, military, religious, science, technology and social strata of another race of people. Making it harder for them to rise as a people.
    Some may say move on but to what? Just another level of assimilation to continue on the global plantation. Many war veterans and people experiencing PSTD is given counselling. What did blacks get???? Hence the result = Sagging pants, homosexuality, whoredom, single parenting, black on black crime, drugs, gangs, ghetto life etc.
    Martin L King later said i sent my people into a burning house as he later realise his dream was just a dream. Blacks should never have tried to integrate but have stayed separate i.E get our own land and food stores, buses, NBA, music industry, Banks, TV studios etc. Most black people are like the walking dead/blind to who they really are as a people. We celebrate their holidays, and fit in like nice little slaves while wtching the TV which is the master of brainwashing and spoiling of our children and adults. WE own nothing - no hospitals, car manufacturing companies, Ships, Planes, Banks, Clothing lines etc. just slaving for pittance. I suggest people revisit MLK carefully. Blacks no matter where they are will suffer the same result. In America racism is more open, in Europe it is hidden into institutional racism. Majority of the culture comes from the white race and slavery, carnivals, foods, holidays, religion, beating of children, etc. Some cultures are similar but different for some home bread Africans especially as far as family relations/commitment is concerned. Most so called blacks fit the curses of Deuteronomy 28 perfectly.

• No, people are people.

I don't believe there are dramatic differences in culture between US blacks or European or African blacks. People are people, and no matter where they live, a particular race is no different than other people in their hopes and dreams, desire to survive and provide for their families. If anything, perhaps the way blacks are treated by whites differs.

• No, people are people.