Is there a good, rational reason for why we hate those different from us?

Asked by: Cataphract
  • Accidents and Coincidences Aren't Real Things

Nothing happens by accident or coincidence. Everything you do has a reason. Most people do have a certain hatred geared toward certain groups of people, and that hatred is a natural response or a learned one, but it doesn't just happen. Either you were born hating them or something happened to make you hate them.

• There is a reason behind everything.

We hate people only when we fear them or envy them apart from obvious reason like them doing something that hurts you or anything. And we only fear or envy a person when that person is different from us. They have something we don't and thus make us feel inferior. We find it especially difficult to perform actions that comes naturally and easily to them. Thus to cover our imagined inadequacy and to give ourselves a fake ago boost, we mask that complex by hate. By expressing disgust for their eccentricity that we could never have. It is common human nature. And it comes so naturally to people that they don't even realize it consciously.

• Subconsciously we fear they are better than us.

Being different risks you becoming the minority, which is disadvantageous. If traits that you do not possess are successful, that means you are at a disadvantage. For the sake of personal survival, you are driven to hope that people who are different than you fail, because you would prefer to be the one with advantageous traits, so you can more easily succeed at whatever you do. The reason we hate people different than us is that there is a risk that they will end up superior and that will make you worse. It's not a good attitude to have, but it is simply a byproduct of our inherent will to survive and excel.

• The question is a bit skewed

Biologically we detect difference more, it's not that we hate it more, we detect it more. A person who is more intelligent than you are at a subject you want to learn is different too but you will likely approach that person to get help learning the subject. Difference is more likely to mean "I need to do something different in my environment". Sometimes people interpret this feeling as meaning they must be uncomfortable and so turn it into hate, others will interpret the feeling as curiosity.

• I'm split between yes and no

I'm not sure wether to vote yes or no here. Is there a GOOD reason to hate those different from us? I would say no. Is there a REASON for hating those differerent than us? Absolutely - I'm sure there are several scientific, physological and cultural reasons. Are there any RATIONAL reasons to hate those different from us? Probably not. I don't have many answers to this, but it would be interesting to explore this further

• Of Course There Is!

Vladimir Putin is an exceptional leader of Russia and keeps things in order! Executing all non-conservative and left winged people! That is imperative because we are too far to the left. I get along exceptionally with old conservative people. Not young generation or older non-conservative people. He will be like Hitler and declare war maybe, I think Hitler was way too extreme and evil. We need a middle ground! But at least if that happens and we have a very conservative Christian like leader. Maybe I can have some fucking order for a little while so I can remain calm and logical and not feel like my head will actually explode!!

• Of course There Is A Rational Reason!

• Of course There Is A Rational Reason!

• Hating those who are different forges 'alliances'.

Think back to high school. You may have 'hated' a nerdy (or otherwise unpopular) guy for no reason other than the fact that you worried about what your friends may have thought if you befriended him. And in places like Nazi Germany, various groups of people (most notably Jews) were hated largely to strengthen the national bonds among more 'superior' people. All of this is likely rooted in prehistoric life, when humans lived in tribes on which they were dependent for survival. Ostracism meant having to fend for yourself, which meant almost certain death. In other words, daring to be different meant death. And so did accepting those who are different, since this jeopardized that person's acceptance within the tribe. In essence, rejecting those who are different is so commonplace because it has meant jeopardizing survival. This is probably why even today, it is still so pervasive in society (despite the fact that we know better and generally realize how messed up it really is).

• No there is no rational reason

When we look at other people we see them as items to nit-pick all over. We as a race are very picky but for no obvious reason when we look at a person from another race, the first thing we look at his hair, skin, and face, but why? There is no reason except we as a single race have no other pastime.

• It is wrong

Just because just because just because just because just because just because just because just because just because just because just because just because just because just because just because just because just because just because just because just because just because just because just because just because just because just because its wrong

• It is wrong

• It is wrong

• It is wrong

• It is wrong

• Hello you you

Ads asd asd adsaf efge fg eg e he herfg er g her gh er g he rg he rg her th er th ert her t erth ert h erth er th ert her therth erth ertherther thrt hethert hertherther therth ertherth erthre tht reher thertherth erthertherthe rtherth e.

• Hello you you

• Hello you you

• Hello you you