• Yes there is.

This is an opinion question, so I'm just stating mine. We always talk about evidence and proof, but we always forget the fundamental truths of science. Something is not true simply because we can prove it, something can also be accepted as true simply because we cannot DISprove it. For example, how do you know that there isn't a God? There doesn't need to be evidence to support His existence, especially since there is no evidence to disprove it. It's called "Existential Truth," and any good scientist will tell you that existential truth cannot be explained. So once again, yes, there is a higher being, namely God. Go ahead, prove that he does not exist.

• What evidence do you really have

What evidence do you have that God didn't cause evolution. In the bible it says that God created many beasts and birds. What if God had made created the animals whose fossils we found that have evolved were just either some of earlier designs of humans seeing as he killed off all the humans except one family or they probably could have been separate animals that God had created that look similar to humans.

• Why Does God Care About Me?

“The LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.” Psalm 121:8 (NIV) Psalm 121:8 makes a proclamation that is hard to believe: “The LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.” Does the Lord really watch over me perpetually? How is this even possible? I didn’t have a mental model for the mere scope of this assignment. That is until my daughter introduced me to an app called RunKeeper. This app tells me how far I’ve run, the average time per mile and my overall time, down to the second. It graphs the various elevations and shows me an overview map of exactly where I have run. If I showed you my run history, you would see maps of beaches, mountains and all kinds of locations and terrains around the world. Here’s what’s even more amazing. RunKeeper not only tracks and records my locations, it does so for 10 million other runners as well! If humans can invent a piece of technology to track the steps of 10 million people simultaneously, is it really much of a stretch to believe God can track 6 billion of us? I guess not. God is transcendent; He is above all. God is also immanent; He is near. Very near. How near? A few verses earlier the writer tells us “… the LORD is your shade at your right hand;” (Psalm 121:5b, NIV). So, I now have a mental concept of God’s capacity to watch and track all of my comings and goings, now and forevermore. Yet, I am still left with one more puzzling question — why? Why would God want to do this? Most of my days would make an insomniac fall asleep. Personally, I love my routine and the minor assignments on my “to do” list. I just can’t see how this could possibly be a good use of the Divine Creator’s time. The answer is not hard to find. It is stamped on almost every page of Scripture. God watches over our coming and our going now and forevermore because He loves us and cares deeply for us. Easy to understand, but hard to grasp that the one true God over all deeply loves and cares about us. Right now I am sitting in a hospital room. My grandson arrived into the world yesterday. As he lies in his crib, I tower over him watching his every move — every twitch of his eye, and every move to the right or to the left. A yawn is big news. The smirk on his face evoked by gas sure looks like a genuine smile in my book. To anyone else, this would seem like a colossal waste of time. Not for me or my wife or daughter or son-in-law. I love my grandson. Oh my, this is how God feels about me but with so much more depth and perfection. Somehow, we must all come to terms with this reality and soak it.

• God Is Always Watching over You: An Inspirational Reminder of God's Constant Presence in Our Lives.

"Look for God in each part of your life, in the love of family and the hearts of friends. May you live and grow in the light of His caring, and know that you are never alone." - Linda E. Knight This collection is an inspiring and uplifting reminder of one powerful, eternal truth: God is always watching over you. No matter where you go in life or what obstacles you face, you can always turn to the ultimate source of unconditional love and caring. This book celebrates the power of prayer and faith in daily life; it expresses the heart’s gratitude for all the blessings God bestows. It encourages us to have hope and optimism in tomorrow, knowing that God and His infinite love will always be there -- watching over us all the days we live. "If you need to lean on someone, there is no greater strength... If you wish to walk with happiness, there is no greater traveling companion... God will be there for you." - Alin Austin

• Just Look Around You

All you need to do is look around you. All of the people, animals, and plants of the world had to be created somehow. Even those modern day science seems to have an answer for everything, there was no way that all of this just happened. All of the Earth's conditions are perfect for life and if the sun were to be any closer or any further, the Earth would no longer be able to sustain life. This isn't just a coincidence. There is a reason that we have yet to find any other planet containing life. If there were no god, and all of this just happened by chance, then we would have most definitely found another planet that is the home to other life forms. It is so much easier to accept the fact that there is a God when you truly open up your eyes and see the world around you.

Many people do not believe that God exists solely on the fact that there is no evidence to back it up, but there is also no evidence backing up the belief that God does not exists. One might use war and suffering as proof that God does not exists, but all that really does is show that he lets us make our own decisions. God does not create pain, but us humans do. Just because tragedies such as cancer and other diseases exists, it does not mean that God doesn't.

Even if I am wrong, and there is no God, I will still face the same fate that everyone else does: death. Many people that do not think that God exists believe that when we die we will simply seize to exist. If they are right, then I face the same fate that they do. There will be absolutely no consequence for my belief that God exists. On the contrary, if I am correct, and God does exist, then those who believe will go to Heaven and those who do not believe will go to Hell. This may seem extreme, but believing is a personal choice. I don't know about you, but I would rather believe and take the risk of being wrong and have no punishment, instead of not believing and spending eternity in Hell.

• I need proof but I still strongly believe

Even though there is know proof about anything having to do with this, the obvious question is how did we get here, but if there is aliens out there, that would change our way of thinking. This is because of the thought, What if they created us, and something before created them etc.

• It's a Matter of Opinion

I stated in a comment earlier that there is a seemingly endless cycle of question answered with a question answered with a question and so on and so forth:
    "Can you prove that God exists?"
    "Well, no, but can you prove that God DOES NOT exist?"
    "Well, no, but..."
    You see? Now, I'm a Christian, so obviously I feel believe, without a shadow of a doubt, that Jesus is Lord, that the Lord created this universe we live in, and that He watches over us, as a father watches over his children. Whether you believe this to be true or not is up to you, and I understand that. I'm not going to beat you over the head with my Bible all while screaming Scripture at you. But I am more than willing to give a detailed account of my beliefs. And I will stand firm in my belief that Jesus Christ is Lord and that He rules over all.

• Proof of this please!

Not even mentioning that it would be horrible to be looked at even in the most private of moments, there is no proof to believe that this is in fact true. The positive claim has the burden of proof, and seeing that it has not met it, we can safely assume that the probability of it being true is very low indeed.

• Hecks to the no!

I feel bad for religious people who have no real education, seriously. I am a firm believer in science, but my parents aren't exactly the same. They believe in God, but I know how we really came to existence. The first humans, the Homo Sapeians, appeared on Earth, and were very intelligent. They built homes, crafted tools. And hunted a lot. Soon enough, there was that one monkey who started to go biped. Thus started the Cro-Magnon era. Humans have then evolved, thus leading to the selfie-snapping, social media cravers that we have become today. The End. Better than any Bible story!

• There isn't any solid evidence to support it.

Whever people ask for evidence that a God exists, the answer is usually something along the lines of "believe and it will come to you" or their holy book. Obviously the first one is flawed logic (give me evidence to believe -> believe and you will get the evidence) and the second one isn't evidence either. There are thousands of religions, all which have claimed miracles, have prophecies they claim have been fulfilled, and some great benefit which causes people to join. What makes one more evident than the other? Nothing.
    If there was a god it would be not only obvious, but it could be detectable and able to be proven by science.

• Invisible man in the sky? I don't believe in fairy tales

If people weren't brainwashed as children and the bible was sitting next to harry potter you wouldn't know the difference and would think both to be fiction .....It is only because this belief is imbedded into you and so many others that you can't think for yourselves and realize how ridiculous it really is ........There has been more killing because of religion than anything else , and being a peaceful atheist myself want nothing to do with any of you religious nuts !!!!!!!!!

• I think not.

This is not to say I definitely know it isn't so. I think not for a simple reason, there is insufficient evidence. I don't want to rehash what has been said, so I'll go off on a tangent! Yeehaw!

I do not blame people for thinking there is one. Most people believe it is so because they were taught it very young... Being taught something in this fashion makes it very difficult to see the world in any alternative view.

All the repetition helps too. It's one of the reasons I'm a "closet" agnostic. I've heard my family members (the more intelligent ones) state that they "don't care what you believe as long as you believe in something". They have been told the falsehood that you need a religious belief to keep morality objective so many times... I doubt it has ever occurred to them to really think about alternative reasons to be moral. These aren't dumb people... They just haven't ever had discourse that challenged this concept. Reinforcement is like repetition in music, it makes you accept something that you may not on face value.

Personally, I'm a fan of Occam's razor... I see no need to add god into any explanatory discourse. If you do, then you carry the burden of proof as to why.. As you are adding an extra presumption (at minimum, usually more than one) so your view has more to explain.

• Is there a greater being watching over us? Probably Not.

At present there is no physical evidence that God exists and we have no measurements providing data proving his existence. Now we can not disprove his existence as it is not possible to prove a negative. The idea that God is looking over us has come into place because of two primary reasons. First reason is that people who are intending to carry out immoral acts will be afraid of God's punishment of they believe that God is looking over them. The second reason is that if someone is feeling lonely and fearful they will obtain solace in the belief that God will take care of their sufferings.

• There is no evidence once so ever.

There is zero evidence for the existence of a greater being that watches over all of us. The sources that claim this, usually religious texts, are fallacious and have no evidence for their claims at all. The burden of proof for this claim lies on those making it, yet NO ONE who has ever supported their claims with evidence.

• The big bang.

The universe was there before this god and how can god create the universe before he was there himself.
    The Big Bang theory is the prevailing cosmological model for the Universe from the earliest known periods through its subsequent large-scale evolution.[1][2][3] The model accounts for the fact that the Universe expanded from a very high density and high temperature state,[4][5] and offers a comprehensive explanation for a broad range of phenomena, including the abundance of light elements, the cosmic microwave background, large scale structure and Hubble's Law.[6] If the known laws of physics are extrapolated beyond where they are valid, there is a singularity. Modern measurements place this moment at approximately 13.8 billion years ago, which is thus considered the age of the Universe.[7] After the initial expansion, the Universe cooled sufficiently to allow the formation of subatomic particles, and later simple atoms. Giant clouds of these primordial elements later coalesced through gravity to form stars and galaxies.

Since Georges Lemaître first noted, in 1927, that an expanding Universe might be traced back in time to an originating single point, scientists have built on his idea of cosmic expansion. While the scientific community was once divided between supporters of two different expanding Universe theories, the Big Bang and the Steady State theory, accumulated empirical evidence provides strong support for the former.[8] In 1929, from analysis of galactic redshifts, Edwin Hubble concluded that galaxies are drifting apart, important observational evidence consistent with the hypothesis of an expanding Universe. In 1965, the cosmic microwave background radiation was discovered, which was crucial evidence in favor of the Big Bang model, since that theory predicted the existence of background radiation throughout the Universe before it was discovered. More recently, measurements of the redshifts of supernovae indicate that the expansion of the Universe is accelerating, an observation attributed to dark energy's existence.[9] The known physical laws of nature can be used to calculate the characteristics of the Universe in detail back in time to an initial state of extreme density and temperature.

• The universe was created

,At least in theory, by a small condensed ball of energy exploding. Sending all different elements out, creating Suns, planets, and other objects. We have all heard this before, and since it is the closest thing to fact for those who have no religion, that is how the universe was created. However, this is a mere base of opinion for what you believe in, we might never truly know.

• No, there is not.

There isn't evidence that supports a higher being's existence. If there isn't evidence that such a being exists, that being cannot watch over us from Heaven, or wherever that being is said to reside. Therefore, that leads me to conclude that such a being does not exist, and that being does not watch over us.