Is there a need to censor social media in our society?

Asked by: rc4481
  • I just feel like

Evening this out 50/50 you know? And because i actually am on this side but im to lazy. Soo this is what you get instead of a well thought out argument for this side, me just trying to fill the word limit so i can say this and even it out!

• Social media should be censored in our society

I think this because fake news and other false information can reshape susceptible young minds and influences everything from how they vote in elections to their beliefs in everyday life. One third of young people said that social media directly influences their vot for example. Offensive social media also appeals to people in difficult places who feel as though they need to blame someone or a particular for the troubles in their life even if they are not related. Young people can also see inappropriate images or videos which may affect their mental state for sometime and because they are young they are very impressionable and this could easily change their outlook on life. People say that if you don't like it don't watch it or view it but that is easier said than done. If you don't understand something you see human instinct is curious and tells you to look into it moreand understand what it iis you are looking at. This could change your opinions on anything because you can find anything on the internet and if it isn't being censored then you never know what you might find.

• Children can automatically abstain from crime

Censorship is a good thing in the sense that it guides us in the right path. If children are kept away from indecent videos, inappropriate films, useless pictures, then they would not be influence by it. As everyone know that children imitate whatever they see, by not seeing these kind of things, they would not do like it.

• It should be censored

In today's internet world there are so many things which should be censored because now a days people are delivering the content which is bad for teenagers because as the social media is being popular,more than 40% users are teenagers and by the bad content on social media youth gets wrong information and affect badly by this and use this information on wrong way..So the social media content should be censored.

• Social media should be censored

The use of social media in the recent past as a propaganda to induce communal disharmony have given birth to a new debate in the country. The debate initiated when the government blocked more than 300 items on the Internet, including twitter handles, facebook pages, youtube videos, pages of certain websites, and in some cases entire websites.
    These items were blocked as they were assured to contain the hate speech that posed a threat to communal harmony in the country...

• Totally open, But with accountability

I do not think there should be censorship. I do think there needs to be restrictions similar to what is already in place for legacy media. Such things that society deems too intense/graphic/inappropriate etc. , Should only be available to adults. Beyond that, No censorship. Not of people. Totally open.

I do, However, Think there should not be annonymity. If you have an opinion, Belief, Conviction, Wonderful. Stand by it with your name.

• Social media should not be censored

I believe it should not be censored as it blocks my freedom of speech. Moreover I believe that every user should have a right to choose what he or she wants to read or write. If it gets censored then I would lose my right to express myself. Also the mediums (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter etc. ) already give the users the right to block and report messages posts etc. So why does the government have to step in while the users can already block and report offensive texts, Messages etc. And what is the point of it as the person who can spread rumours on social media can also scream it out loud and it is not possible to censor what humans say so it will not make a huge difference. And if you have a problem with certain content then don’t visit the page or don’t read it and you can also block/report it. Lastly we are humans not objects. The country gives us the right to express our opinions in public. So just because of a few people who spread nonsense rumours does not mean that we should give up our rights as we have the right to express our opinions and the government can’t take away our fundamental rights.

• There should be no censorship

There are too many problems choosing what to censor. It is a very slippery slope, Often done to speech that a particular person or organization does not like. We should support more free speech, Not less. I will make my own decisions about what to read, See, And hear. I don't want anyone making those decisions for me.

• I am bored

I am bored and I have to go to the beach that weekend. I am doing something on Photoshop for you, I'll show it to you when I am done. Hugs and kisses, Therese On May at the end of the boarding house. Using the projector. I am doing something.

• Heading towards 1984

All social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter etc) have already give users the ability to censor and report content. Why should the government step in when this system gives people freedom to decide what content they deem inappropriate? Removing this model and getting the government to censor content in social media restricts the freedom of users and takes us a step closer to 1984. Look at how North Korea, a literal dictatorship and China censor what people can view online and through google etc. If our government censors social media is it taking us a step closer to this? YES!

• Heading towards 1984

• Heading towards 1984

• Dont Like it, Dont watch it

This person could easily say, or do, whatever s/he said in public, so why is it soundly a crime if its put on the internet. Some people really do feel that way and they should be allowed to put up on the internet, because they could easily say it out loud, and you can't censor what people say. And if it bothers you so much, don't watch it, go on the page, view it, or even look at it.

• You are a person not a object.

I for one reside in the United states of america, and know that freedom of speech is a greatly given amendment to me. Therefor, i believe censoring in the premises of rules is completely distasteful. However, even in any other country, many social networking sites have pages that offer help and news about the world they live in. When it comes down to what will be censored and why, thats unknown. I ask this question to those who say yes to this opinion, are you really giving up your freedom to write or say whatever you need to say?