• It is against the Bible.

There is a problem with allowing gay marriage because it does not align with the beliefs of Christianity and the teachings of God. While many people are for gay marriage, many other don't agree with it. These are two sides that simply do not seem to have a middle ground.

• Read the Bible

Permitting gay marriage is a complete slap in the face to God and Christians alike. The bible says that God made man for woman and women for man. There are tons of passages in the bible that state that homosexuality is wrong, according to our lord. I also believe, as a Christian, that I should not have to explain gay marriage to my children. Marriage is a sanction made in front of God, that is supposed to be Holy and gay marriage is a mockery to the Lord and Christians of the world.

• Yes but indirectly

Ignoring my christian beliefs I would still want to ban gay marriage.
    To me, allowing gay marriage is like allowing prisoners to walk in public handcuffed. They don't exactly affect others, but you don't want them to influence others that what they did wasn't bad.
    And It already has affected our youth. Instead of giving them a role model as a father and mother, you have two people who are happy doing anything. I would be confused if I was told that I could be a boy or girl growing up. That what's in my pants is just a tool for pleasure and not for becoming a father.
    It's not that being gay is a direct bad thing, but it affects more people than just the two gays wanting to live together.
    Plus, calling it marriage doesn't make it marriage. You could say it hops like a rabbit, smells like a rabbit but doesn't sound like a rabbit, you still wouldn't have the proof to call it a rabbit. AT least, not a correct rabbit.
    Allowing gay marriage, you might as well allow the animalia and pedofilia people have their decided marriage.

• All Religion Aside

Evidence shows us that it's not about equal rights. Countries which have legalized gay marriage had a decline in gay may marriage following the legalization. In those same countries, the divorce rate for gays was 50% higher than straights and for lesbians it was 150% higher. It's about respect and validity in society.

• Its against the bible, so what

Separation of church and state. (Religion is not a factor in making laws)

Your religion may not be their religion, and they have the unalienable rights to life LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS. So if the liberty to get married makes them happy, they have a right to it.

• All of the people saying read the bible are so wrong and make me so mad.

I can't explain how wrong you are. It makes me so mad that you won't allow gay marriage because of your 'religion.' This is not fair to people who do not choose to be this way, why would they choose to be bullied, and discriminated against? It is not a choice and gay marriage should be legalized

• The bible does NOT determine if gay marriage is allowed.

You are your own person, God made you an individual; therefore, if you know you're gay and you love someone of the same sex, there is no problem with marrying them. A loving God wouldn't disallow love, regardless of what the bible says. If God really, TRULY has a problem with it, he'll speak out himself (unless you're underestimating him), not through a book. If the bible was meant to control any and every aspect of your life, then God would never have granted us free will. Also, there is a line between religion and law. So even if you firmly believe that it shouldn't be allowed because it conflicts with the bible, it won't influence the legalization of it. Again, the bible is not the law, and the two should be kept separate, because some people have different religious beliefs.

• No not at all

I do not think that there is a problem with gay people getting married. There is not a problem with gay marriage at all. All people deserve equal rights. They should be allowed to get married like everyone else. They should be allowed to have kids like everyone else. People that don't like it are entitled to their opinions, but they need to keep it to themselves.

• it's about equality

Those who oppose gay marriage should be forced to listen to arguments against civil rights, until they understand why we are unable to respond to them as anything but bigots. Yes, everyone who's not hurting someone else, is okay. We don't believe in sin, we don't believe it's wrong, and we're never going back to that past.

• No There Isn't

I do not have a problem with gay marriage and I think it should be legal because if it is illegal some people are not being granted equal rights. I believe some people oppose gay marriage because of their personal beliefs but I think the citizens of the world need to learn to be more tolerant of each other.