• Yes, Because this life is just a test for the Life to come where the true Justice will be carried Out..

Many individuals lead immoral, even criminal existences because they feel that we are free to do as we please in this world. Freedom we do have, but it exists only so that God may distinguish between the good and the evil, and determine who deserves a place of honour and dignity in the Hereafter and who should be condemned to eternal disgrace. While there is nothing to prevent the good and the evil from living cheek by jowl in this world, they will be separated in the Hereafter like the wheat from the chaff and will be judged according to their record in this life. Some will be condemned to an eternal Hell of pain and distress, while others will be blessed with eternal bliss and pleasure. Each will get his deserts.

• Consciousness Is a Centralized Matter and Energy Pattern and Matter and Energy Has to Go Somewhere

Matter and energy has to go somewhere. Since consciousness is just an energy pattern in one's brain that energy pattern must go somewhere. Even if it's divided then one reincarnates into multiple entities. There's nothing special about our material compensation to make us conscious versus any other matter. It seems ridiculous only because we think of consciousness specifically as consciousness the way we experience it. Your first reincarnation will likely be that of a dying nerve cell or cluster of them as your brain decays, though you wouldn't be aware that you were a nerve cell just aware of various sensations (which you wouldn't know what they mean other than move in this direction or that direction). Then the cell itself decays and you become the consciousness of your molecules, most likely your DNA or parts of it. Eventually that will find its way back into an organic being. This consciousness in the intervening time would be an extremely simple one. But as our consciousness is just the result of matter and energy coming into the body from our surroundings and everything that exists interacts with other things in some way it's reasonable to infer that everything has consciousness. To help wrap your head around this further I'll point out that time would be experienced differently in this state and perhaps not noticed at all if there is no memory.

• Yes there is

I don't know if I would call it a "second life" so much as a continuation of life in some sense, but I do believe there is life (or existence) after physical death. There would have to be because if there's not, then there can't be a resurrection either. The only way a person can die and rise from the dead at a later dates is if they continue to exist in a disembodied state between death and resurrection so that the person who dies will be the same person to reanimate the resurrected body. If we don't survive the death of our bodies, then we cease to exist when we die, and whatever comes into existence at the resurrection can only be a replica of us. It can't be we ourselves. The fact that the Good Book promises a resurrection to eternal life logically entails that we survive in a disembodied state between death and resurrection.

• There's a second life before death that won't die.

As a matter of fact, there are billions of lives that will survive one's death. The "I" that people are so concerned about was born about 10,000 years ago. However, it's only with the last 5,000 years ago that a select few, like Buddha, understood that there is no self, no "I". The "I" is an illusion which is not to say that it isn't real, but rather, that it is not what it seems to be. What most people mean when they ask if there is a second life after death is if the unique container of body-mind who is the person asking the question will arise again after death with the same memories, habits, property, etc. This is not the true "I" because those were attachments acquired during a lifetime. The "I" that someone refers to themselves is the same "I" that is me and another person. The personality is different but the personality was acquired. The "I" is the same therefore if you die like 500,000 people did yesterday, you are still here reading this opinion. You are the "second life" after the death of those that died yesterday.

• The vast majority of the population have beloved this since the dawn of time.

Jesus was not an average guy, he changed the world and how we think completely in just 3 short years. His way of thinking may seem normal to us now but it was absolutely outside the realms of normalcy then, evidence points to his divinity. If there were no life after death everything in life would be totally pointless. Everything we do would be lost and forgotten as we die, there would be no point in learning or progressing. Some say the idea is to move mankind forward and help others. But if there is no eternal life then its all pointless because every person you help will also die and mankind will also die out. Why move it forward just for nothing. The fact that we are here at all is too much of a miracle.

• Teachings From the Bible

I am a firm believer in the Bible, where it states many times that there is an Afterlife. Not only do I believe in teachings from the Bible, I have faith in Jesus Christ, and he has taught me many things through the Holy Ghost. Basically while on earth, depending on the choices we make, we have the chance to either live with God, or live in less holier places, the worst being Hell.

• Yes, i do believe so

Now, being a christian, I obviously believe that there is a second life. I wouldn't go as far as to call it a second life. Reason being, once we are dead, being on a whole different plane of existence, it's so complex, it's really difficult to put into words. Here, let me try to explain. Our bodies were given souls so that we wouldn't just be an empty shell once we enter this dimension. Yes, this involves dimensions. Reading the, NO, section, I get that no one believes anything physical

Posted by: kthx
  • We keep living .

All religions are so wrong about the afterlife. All scientists are so wrong about the afterlife. Odds are if you think nothing happens after you die then that is exactly what you are gonna get. Blackness for all eternity. Same if you believe you will be punished/rewarded after you die, an appropriate situation will present itself immediately after your death. For the people who are not sure where they go when they die they will likely become astral ghosts simply watching the living world move on without being able to participate in it.

• Eternal Life or Eternal Damnation

Yes, there is a second life after death and a second death after death. Either we will live in Peace and Harmony with God or die in hell and in God's wrath. I am a firm Christian Believer and know that the Bible speaks truth about Heaven and hell. If it wasn't true then, we would be living without meaning in life. Emptiness.....

• Nature shows us

If you look around at the naturally occurring processes of recycling, it is hard to say that something just ends. Everything dies but is never wasted, when we die out bodies will be recycled and used for another purpose, so why should we think our inner being won't do the same.

• There is no such thing as dualism

It has been proven that the idea of dualism is absurd. If you damage someone's brain, their thoughts and identity may in fact change, one of the reasons lobotomy is now properly banned. If a person's identity can be changed by changing their brain, then there is no "them" outside of their brain, that is them. Thus anything that goes to an afterlife would have to be entirely separate from the dead and buried human. Note that dead people's brain have not been known to disappear randomly to go to a "second life."

• No there is not.

Thinking that there is life after death is completely illogical. There is no evidence to support the claim and there never will be. People claim that the law of conservation of energy confirms the theory of a second life, but it doesn't. When a person dies their body decomposes. The energy is released and is used to fertilize the soil. The energy is then used later to grow a tree or decomposes further and creates oil. There is no life after death. Period.

• There's Zero Support

There isn't any valid argument to say there is an afterlife. Since we understand decomposition, the only way this could be true is if there is something inside human beings that is outside physical properties (usually considered the "soul"). Unless there is proof to show we actually have a "soul," there isn't any way to have an afterlife. All of our understanding of biology, chemistry, and physics supports the conclusion that death really is the end. Wishful thinking that suffering in the world will be evaluated after death is nothing more than the just-world hypothesis/fallacy. Wishful thinking is just that: a wish, and nothing more.

• No, and I'll refute the people that said yes.

Makhdoom5: This logic is terrible. Matter isn't being destroyed when we die, it's just that the matter and energy we are composed of cannot work together the way they did when we were alive.
    Takwa: It may not be pretty, but that's life.
    Deb_ate_organic: For what has been said to be true, reincarnation needs to be proved.

Conclusion: There is no second life.

• Death is the end of your one and only life.

In a new exercise by a California organization that studies lucid dreaming, volunteers have been conditioned to dream near-death experiences, including the classic scenario of flying toward a light at the end of a tunnel. The researchers say their experiment demonstrates that these heavenly visions must be products of the human mind rather than supernatural phenomena.

In the sleep experiment at the Out-Of-Body Experience Research Center in Los Angeles, four groups of 10 to 20 volunteers were trained to perform a series of mental steps upon awakening during the night that might lead them to have out-of-body experiences. If able to "separate" from their bodies, they were then conditioned to try dreaming about floating through a tunnel toward a bright light. Eighteen of the volunteers said they were able to dream such an experience.

• There isn't any valid argument to say there is an afterlife.

• To have a second life after death, you'd need a first life after death, first.

To have a second life after death, you'd need a first life after death, first. Nobody knows if there is a life after death. For you to have a second life after death, you'd have to die a second time. Those who believe in a life after death, believe it is eternal, so there would not be a second life after death, just the first.

• Same life, different perspective

Really, I don't frigging know. I lean towards "NO" if people are thinking of beautiful (usually Caucasian) angels, etc. I don't expect my ego to say hello to my loved ones egos, for example.

[It wants 50 words. Here are a few more. Almost there. 47, 48, 49, 50, wait it doesn't count numbers the same way as words...]

I am obviously (sometimes) a man of few words.

• Most Likely Not.

Given science and common logical sense, there is probably not an afterlife. Once your brain stops, so does your consciousness. A lot of people find this depressing, but it's not. Value your life and live it to its best! Be kind to others so that they're kind to you, not so you can get into some cloudy wonderland. Why does there have to be a point to everything? Enjoy yourself and live a full life, not a life trying to get into an afterlife which might not even exist!

• When our brains die, everything that makes us human goes with them.

We are our bodies. Even our personalities and our emotions and our intellect. It all comes from the brain. The brain relies on blood and electric impulses among other things to function, and when we die all of this gets cut off and the brain cannot be active. Some people believe that our true selves are embodied in a soul. But the problem with this is, if we have souls, then what is the point of our physical bodies? We might as well just all be spirit beings if that's all we need to exist. But we are not. We completely rely on physical bodies to survive. And most people don't believe that other animals, like rats or snakes, have souls. But we are the same thing. We are animals that are biologically related to all other animals. So why do we get to have the privilege of having a soul? I think the answer is that we are the only species intelligent enough to invent the idea of a soul.

Anonymous says2013-05-11T18:16:54.740
No one knows there is second life.