• There is no one who actually disbelieves this.

It may be popular to claim that truth is relative in academic and philosophical circles, but there is not one person who actually believe this. The "truth is relative" argument is a convenient one to use when arguing that something in particular that you are doing is not wrong, but everyone believes that some things are right and some things are wrong. For example, some will claim that truth is relative to say that a homosexual lifestyle cannot be considered wrong. They will then use that fact to claim that it is therefore unjust or unfair or at least inaccurate to claim any wrongdoing on the part of someone living a homosexual lifestyle. On the one hand they eschew absolute truth, but then promote absolute goods like Justice, Fairness, or Truth.

No on agrees that genocide is good. No one agrees that hate is good. No thinks that racism is good. Or at least no one has no moral bearings at all.

I may not be able to prove that absolute truth is real, but luckily I don't have to because no one disagrees with me.

• Absolutely.

Consider the statement, "There is no absolute truth in the universe." That statement exists in the universe, so it includes itself in its own field of reference. If the statement is false, then there is some absolute truth in the universe. However, if the statement is true, then there is at least one absolute truth in the universe, namely, the statement itself. So either way, there must be some absolute truth in the universe. Denying that is self-refuting.

• Yes there are many

What's going to my mind are things like gravity which we know are facts and if are proven over and over again.

I believe the universe is something we may not every understand fully because it was here before us and will be here after we pass on.

There are many things we can do to learn more about truths, hiding one's head in the sand with a closed mind will not help us to learn more about the laws of our universe.

• Yes I think there is absolute truth in the universe

Some of that truth we understand, some we cannot in this life and form. But it does exist. On a human level, the absolute truth is that we exist, we are here, and have the ability to make our lives anything we want. Every day, every moment, every second of our lives is a chance to change our destiny in this life, this is our truth of who we are as human beings. On a deeper level, the absolute truth is that all of this, all of us have a purpose and meaning for being, including those that do bad. Without bad, we could not know good, without hate we could not know love, and so on and so forth. It ALL is needed for the world to function as it does, one side cannot exist without the other. It all has a purpose, none of it is by accident, a coincidence or a mistake, this is how it was meant to be. So yes I definitely think there is absolute truth to the universe and to our existence no question about it, just some of these truths are harder to grasp here than others.

• The Need for Consistency!

It has come to my attention that absolute truth in the universe is one topic that many find troubles believing in. My friends, teachers, and many outside my church choose not to believe in the existence of an absolute truth. This problem stems from the fact that there is a need for consistency. Before we begin, we must define some terms. The first being absolute. Absolute means not qualified or diminished in any way; total. Truth means...Wait? What is truth? Isn't truth relative? The definition of the word truth means that which is true or in accordance with fact or reality. While this definition describes truth, the problem is with perspectives. Reality is defined as the world or the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them. This is difficult to describe what reality really is because we all view the world differently. Because of this, many would claim that there are no absolutes then. But this soon leads to many problems. If there are no absolutes, then there is no right or wrong. If there are no absolutes, then there is no science. If there is no absolutes, there is no logic. The Circular Reasoning counter argument against my argument can not possibly work, because if there are no absolutes, then why should I both to be logically correct, without fallacy? How do we know that the laws of logic which prohibit such a fallacy won't change from one day to another? Why would it be wrong for me to be wrong? All of these problems arise. Absolute truth must exist. But where do we find it? Obviously, we need a dogmatic belief in order to obtain. But this takes us back to the relativists argument. Which religion, or dogmatic belief system, should we follow? There are so many! Well, the research has been done. The only worldview that is consistent is the Biblical Worldview.

• Logic. Logic Everywhere.

By answering "no" to this question, a debtor immediately contradicts himself. Yes/No questions require absolute truth to answer.

We witness absolute truth every day. We witness it in simple math. We witness it in science, and we witness it in logic. People live. People die. The earth is round. My name is Smith. I ate breakfast this morning. Absolute truth is undeniable.

• I think, therefore I am

This is the only absolute truth. If I have this thought, I have proven to myself, beyond doubt, that I exist in some form. Even if the rest of the universe is a figment of my imagination, I can rest assured that I do indeed exist. However, it is a personal absolute truth. Every person may have the thought "I think, therefore I am", yet this will only prove their own existence to themselves. Nothing else can be absolutely proven, as sensory information is faulty, particularly in cases where mental issues are present. We assume much of our sensory information is a true representation of the world around us. However, it is merely our brains interpreting stimulus in a way to make the information logical, consistent and useful (Want proof? Go find your blind spot [ie, where the optic nerve leave the eye]). "I think, therefore I am" is the only absolute truth, but I can only prove it to myself. Yet, it is a truth all people share (assuming you all are not figments of my imagination).

• Yes and this is proof

If someone stats that thats "their is no absolute truth " then are they absolutely sure that is true. That also means that statement is true for them but not true for me but then which is true . Her is another thing is someone you know claimed that the moon was made out of cheese then you could say that that is true for you but not true for me but really you would think that person was crazy because everyone should know that the moon is not made out of cheese but then again that may not be true and the moon may be made out of cheese and your the one that is crazy see my point . So if there is some existence out side of are universeand our existence then they must abide by absolute rules because for them to even exist they must have the entry of existence basically if this existence outside of are existence or universe even and all of its science that make it up did exist but because of our no absolute truth then that existence may or may not exist even if we proofed that it exist then is it true or is false? If that exist

• Yes it is

Absolute truth is great question for human being since begning of this world, religiously it has been decided but again it is not absolute, bcz who we are? From where? Why we are? What is pain? What is joy? What is beginning? What are tears? Laughter...? And beauty! Ugliness.... Why do we taken birth? Who crawls? What enigma was, in search of which many great people were born? Many throngs of yogis were seen to wander, whose companions were snakes.... Can there be answered..... No body knows.... But again it is final that absolute truth is, in which we are in journey to find this mystery....

• There is no absolute truth but exist some human absolute truth.

First is a fallacy say that absolute truth don't exist is a fallacy, without a support in the meaning of the words. For me absolute is something that is equal for all things in the universe, and truth is something that each person or thing can decide, so can't exist an absolute truth in this form cause anyone can simple doubt the truth of other. Even absolute truth have that meaning that is for other exist absolute truth, in this case that just support my claim that don't exist an absolute truth, but what happen when all human just go and accept the claim, don`t exist absolute truth, can I then get that is a universal truth....Well I don't know cause I don't know all that can exist (for example a multiverse theory) , even in that case always can born someone and said I don't believe you. But in the case that humans agree that is truth that absolute truth don't exist then is a human absolute truth.

• Existence is More Than a Dialectic

Everything in the universe is a dialectic, it contains a positive and a negative, a Ying and and a Yang if you will, or, existentially, a thesis and an anthesis. Existence, life if you will, permits the observation, experience and reflection of this dialectic and, individually, collectively and universally forms its synthesis. The synthesis is the essence of existence whether observable or not. Is this experience absolute? Not in any form that it can be discerned as absolute except by an absolute itself. Is it thus relative? Yes, to the extent that one is not the absolute. And for those who consider oneself to be a form of the absolute makes it all the more relative, I think!

• Existence is More Than a Dialectic

• Our human conscience is proof that there is absolute truth

Our human conscience is proof that there is absolute truth. That certain “something” within us that tells us the world should be a certain way, that some things are right and some are wrong. Our conscience convinces us there is something wrong with suffering, starvation, rape, pain, and evil, and it makes us aware that love, generosity, compassion, and peace are positive things for which we should strive. This is universally true in all cultures in all times.

• Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

In a dark place we find ourselves, and a little more knowledge lights our way. Don't underestimate the Force. The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is. Your weapons, you will not need them. Blind we are, if creation of this clone army we could not see.

• Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

• Begging the question

In asking "is it absolutely true that absolute truth doesn't exist"? Is begging the question. In the same way saying "unicorns exist because a unicorn told me they exist" commits the same fallacy. You are asking the question assuming your conclusion (that absolute truth exists). So if absolute truth exists then you can ask the question - however what you are trying to prove is that it exists. So in effect you are saying "absolute truth exists because absolute truth exists". Proving that absolute truth exists by using absolute truth is fallacious and equally as valid as saying absolute truth doesn't exist because absolute truth doesn't exist.

• No absolute truth in the Universe

No there is no absolute truth in the universe. Sadly, that in itself is not even an absolute truth because we truly don't know for sure. The universe is still a great mystery to all of us and will likely continue to be for thousands of years into the future.

• Absolute truth would be unknowable

Truth is in the eye of the beholder. Humans can not be objective in order to know truth, everything is distorted by our perceptions. So without the ability to know absolute truth, can it exist? Truth is a concept fabricated by humanity in order for pursekves to make sense of the world we experience. So truth must exist within the human mind, and without human capability to comprehend this concept of our own design, to the best if our knowledge it can not and does not exist.

• The terms absolute & truth combine to make an oxymoron.

Absolute and Truth are both terms constructed by humans.
    Absolute means without conditions or bounds, it is eternal.
    Truth on the other hand, is a conceptual label of validation, placed by an observer on an scenario. The opposite of of that validation is a rejection of the scenario or a conclusion that the scenario is false. In short truth is equal to an opinion of the observer, it is finite and limited by the faculties of the observer who draws the conclusion.
    The two terms are toxic to each other (their definitions being at odds), one can no more have Absolute Truth than one can have an Intelligent Idiot.

BadLogic says2013-11-27T14:21:01.367
What's funny is that the only real way to answer this is in the affirmative.
Buckethead31594 says2014-01-14T23:02:58.487
To all of those who said "yes," or "no-" I beseech you: What makes you absolutely sure that you are correct?