Is there any real meaning for humanity or individuals?

• Yes, but not in human terms per se

Yes I think there is meaning to humanity and individuals. But, as I agree with you, the meanings given by most people are irrelevant. They are all of human construct. What is not of human construct is the drive to spread our species, desire to become stronger and better, desire to gain greater understanding to promote ourselves. While these all seem like different ideas, they all fall to what I call the "persistence of life". Humans are just a manifestation of this persistence of life that have developed extraordinary abilities to extrapolate meaning beyond survival. There are microorganisms that have been discovered to survive in the harshest of conditions. Things can can survive in the desolate and unforgiving realm of outer space. It is likely that life came to earth by travel through space. There have been several mass extinction events in earths history yet life persists here. So though many will hate this answer because it is so simple, I think the only true meaning that exists for all life is what I call the persistence of life. Our meaning is to persist and carry on. All other thoughts are merely abstractions due to human consciousness. All organisms share a common meaning which is the persistence of life.

• Yes, and I strongly believe this.

If there was no meaning to life, what's the point then? Humans don't just exist. Nothing on this earth just exist. Everybody needs to believe in something, I'm not specifically referring to religion, but you need a reason to live. Everybody was created for a specific purpose and the only way to live a fulfilled life is to realize this and find your purpose on earth. You don't just live to die. If that was the case, why would there be something as life if it just dies without being something spectacular? People don't make cars, then set it on fire and watch it burn out. Nothing is made without purpose. If there was no purpose, nothing would be where it is today. Think about it, if the who created electricity, decided it was worth nothing, we would all still be in the dark.

• There is meaning in humanity.

There is meaning in humanity, whether you believe in a God or not. For those who believe in a God, the meaning is to go down the road to follow it into the after life. Do what is possible to gain entrance into eternity or whatever condition it is. To those who do not, it is to further the human race, the species. All live has been religious or not has been the survival of the fittest. We have evolved to create a equal, easier life for all and to enjoy the moment, the now. Whereas Atheist believe there may not be an afterlife, the meaning is now, the time before you cease to exist. To enjoy all of life's joys and to further give that joy to future generations.

• This's soo true!

I have no words but wht all above is true.. People don't make cars, then set it on fire and watch it burn out. Nothing is made without purpose. If there was no purpose, nothing would be where it is today. Think about it, if the who created electricity, decided it was worth nothing, we would all still be in the dark.

• Meaning is created by humans and injected into them with education, religion, politics and the media.

Let me first describe what I mean by "meaning":

Meaning is a purpose for a human being or humanity as whole that fulfills, gives them security and guides them to their life. This purpose should have higher scope than the live of the human itself.

I believe all "meaning" is created by humans and most people don't choose them them self but are being "socialized" to believe in them. As I have never seen such a meaning, that is not contradictive itself and has a higher purpose, I believe there is no such thing.