Is there any reason why adult incest should be legalized?

• Absolutely for legalizing incest between mother and son

Following a rather bad car accident, my father was left unable to care for us for quite some time and I, as the eldest son, was left to not only attend school, but earn a living as well. I spent much of my time at home working around the house and pitching in wherever I could. My mother and I grew quite close during this ordeal and that escalated into affection being shown that neither of us understood at the time. This led to date nights which one night led to spending the night together in my mother's bed and from there a secret yet absolutely fulfilling relationship which still flourishes today. It's been well over 20 years of taking care of each other's wants and needs and is still absolutely secret. No one is being harmed or doing anything they don't want or desire. It is an amazing feeling fulfilling her needs and her fulfilling mine.

• Modern hookup society

I am fully agreeing to the fact that having a child within the family should not be allowed because of the genetic risks. Although with modern contraceptive advances using both condoms and birth control(which lets be honest a lot of women use today), hell even the morning after pill if you want to be completely sure, the "genetics" problem is eliminated. Like I said though deliberately having a child is wrong. Now we know that in today's generation both genders participate in hooking up just to fulfill sexual needs and gain pleasure without pursuing a relationships(ex. One night stands). So if it was purely to bring pleasure to yourself and a loved one without having romance, much in the way to help them out with say a back massage after a long day of work(maybe a bad comparison) then is it really that morally wrong? This isn't something that I think you should look at with your personal judgemental opinion, but with how sex is viewed in modern society which is no longer just associated with marriage and having children.

• A Matter of Consent, and Age

As long as the two family members are consulting adults per local legal and social definitions) the adults' behavior is no concern of the State. However, ethical standards still must prevail. The participating family members, e.G. A father and daughter) must consider the impact of the relationship on other members, and on each other. A 50ish widower and his 25 year old daughter would not impact the deceased mother, for instance. But is the dad, in this case, willing to "let go" emotionally and physically if and when the daughter decides to marry? These are issues that must be considered before entering this type of relationship.

• If I had children I'd trust my child going with my other child than the kid next door

Family members are already close, making a child with a higher chance of it becoming bad isn't as high as people may think, and they don't have to wordy about getting some disease. The kid next door? Can leave you, end up being someone who you don't like, give you a disease, could be a stalker. To me, the less you know about the person the more you're likely going to get hurt.

• Incest should be legal

My sister and I have been sexual together for over 40 years . We but enjoy it and we get together often . I am married as she is also. Her husband knows of is . He is older and can't preform anymore. We have sex bareback as we both love the feel. Never had problems and was never abused

• I say yes

Incest should be legal.As is Homosexuality that once was ilegal.Incest does go on in families and why not.2 or more concenting people should have the freedom to chose who they have sex with.Parent s could teach sex to sons and daugs.What is more bonding than sexual intercourse laws need changing

• Move out of the Religious Dark Age

There is nothing wrong with a loving, caring relationship. It is time for Gov to stay out of our private lives as has already been ruled with homosexuals. Most of the argument revolves around religion but it would seem they would be the biggest perpetrators of abuse. It is time to move out of the religious dark ages.

• Two consensual teens/adults should be allowed

As long as it's not rape or hurting anyone, what's the problem? If it's consensual and both are around the same age or over 18 it could be a bonding experience and should not always be look at negatively. If you both agree to it, you can keep it light and keep it simple. You don't HAVE to have a deep relationship, just a fun sexual one.

• It really does depend on circumstances and who is committing the incest. Like many things incest could be wrong or acceptable in spite of societal taboos.

The key issue is if the incest really consensual or if it is one person pushing or forcing the other to participate in any act that makes them uncomfortable. Obviously brother, sister or same sex siblings are most likely to play doctor or get involved out of curiosity. However neither a brother or sister should forcibly pursue a sibling. Nor should a parent pursue a child (under that age of consent). Legally a child cannot consent so it renders that argument moot anyway.

When it is a parent child relationship that is in focus, the parent should always be careful to protect their children when they are not mature enough to make a decision of a sexual nature. A parent should warn their children against sex with anyone until they are mature enough. However, once a child has reached adulthood and the child wishes to pursue a loving relationship with a parent there should be no problem as long as they use protection from pregnancy. 32 states recognize 16 as the legal age of consent meaning the child can choose a sex partner of any age. Parents probably should not make their feelings of wanting incest from their child known to their children unless the child approaches the subject first. This insures that the parent is not influencing the child to make a decision against their will.

After the age of consent it is possible that a child wants their first experience to be with someone they love and trust. Someone in their family. They may want the security that if anything goes wrong their parent or siblings will be more understanding and help them more it they were involved. A person in a relationship with a person that is not in their family can find the partner they trusted has simply run away to avoid any responsibility. Boys and girls get themselves in lots of trouble because they got involved in non incestuous relationships that ended in pregnancy. So talking about harm to a boy or girl as a result of an incestuous relationship is not really valid unless you also consider that a non incestuous relationship can be equally harmful.

In most cases I would think that a brother or sister having relations with each other would involve both of them trying to keep it secret to avoid societal taboos and would necessarily also include the need to protect against pregnancy. In this way it is probably less dangerous than unprotected sex in non incestuous relationships. More often than not a non family member is more interested in self gratification and not so concerned with the welfare of a partner.

If the relationship is between a father/daughter or mother/son or same sex parents the same rules would apply. It is just a little more complicated.

If the States recognize a persons right to choose any sex partner they want, they must also recognize that person has a choice and responsibility to report the relationship as abusive if necessary.

• Let your mother teach you what you need to know!

My mother raised me since I was a baby. I slept in her bed and eventually she taught me how to make her satisfied. She has always given me pleasure as well, since the day she discovered I was hard for her, without shaming me. I will be grateful forever, mom!

• All forms of incest are self-centered.

This notion that incest is all about love is nothing but a lie and a cover-up. Lets face it. People involved in any form of incest are thinking of only themselves. There is much disrespect and manipulation to get what they want. It's sad but very true. Incest supporters are in deep denial of there condition. It most likely goes back into there childhood. Somewhere proper boundaries were broken, and as a result there is some form of abuse.

People involved in incest try to rationalize and justify there behaviors. To them it's only about getting what they want and that is sex. Nothing else matters. They don't care if they hurt others. I wouldn't be surprised if many people involved in incest suffer from very low self-esteem, self-worth and guilt. But, they will never admit it. Why? Why would they want to give up there drug? They love it! How many times you hear someone that's having sex with a family member saying it the best sex they've ever had? All the time. They don't want to give that up. As a result they stay in there sickness and don't get help. They most likely cannot develop proper healthy relationships outside of family. Why would they want to anyway? They got there family. If a brother wants to go screw his sister even if it's consensual do you really think he cares about her? I don't think so and visa versa. He just wants to get laid, that's it. There is so much disrespect in families involved in incest. Everybody suffers! If there is children involved it's far worst, and not fair to them. So irresponsible is incest.

I once went on a incest forum, and I was so disgusted but what I read. Here you have brothers, fathers, and others family members, mostly males bragging and posting pictures of there mothers, sisters, etc. Doing various sexual poses saying how great it is to screw them. For the world to see and read. Made me so sick and I felt so much guilt going on that site. They don't love there family. You're suppose to protect and honor your family, not use and abuse them. They are not blow-up dolls!

One more thing. I like how people who support incest try to justify there behaviors but taking out a couple of Bible verses from the old testament such as Lot and his daughters, Adam and Eve. They say here is the justification of incest, but they are forgetting one very important thing. They are breaking God's Ten Commandments. That's right. Which one? The seventh one "Thou Shalt not commit adultery." They are having premarital sex outside of marriage. Either you believe the Bible as a whole or none at all.

So, incest in all forms is wrong. It hurts everyone. The family must be preserved. That's why we must have laws to prevent incest. I support them.

• There are enough people in the world to spend your life with that you do not have to pick a close relative!

I do not understand why anyone would need to marry a close relative. I could possibly understand a third cousin, but it just does not seem that people should ever think of their relatives in a sexual manner, it goes against the way we have arranged society. Also, in the case in which this couple would choose to reproduce, the children are at extreme disadvantages due to health issues that could plague them, and also due to the strange family relationships that they would have to explain for the rest of their lives.

Posted by: lachercheuse
  • I oppose incest, and believe it to be inhumane and immoral.

I oppose incest. Not just for the obvious reason that it is inhumane and gross, but mainly because, unlike the many justifications for murder (the death penalty and overall ignorance), some things cannot be justified. Rape and incest being the two main ones that come to mind.

Posted by: ResoluteFreeman
  • Incest is harmful

Consenual or not and no matter age incest is wrong. Children of incest are most often born with physcial deformitites and/or are mentally retarded. If not for the couple then for the child. When something like that happens it is nature's way of saying it is wrong and if incest becomes mainstream it could destroy the entire human race. Incest and wrong and it should be prevented and if it has happened in any form then it should be corrected with pyschological help.

• Adult incest should not be legalized.

Adult incest can produce children who have genetic diseases or disorders much more frequently then people who do take part in incestuous activities. It should not be legalized for these reasons.

Posted by: 54nJerv
  • No, because that is disgusting, and shouldn't even be a question.

Adults can choose to have sex with their relatives. But, what if it causes, what amounts to, long term childhood abuse? Say, for example, that someone gets pregnant and has a retarded child. That child will suffer the rest of their lives, because of a grotesque act by two consenting adults.

Posted by: CeIIoBurke
  • When it comes to incest, it should illegal across the board.

I don't think incest should be legal, no matter how old you are. And, if there is incest going on as adults, it was probably present when the child was little, and that is sick and wrong, and the older person needs to be punished. Under no circumstances should incest be legal.

Posted by: PointlessElbert47
  • Incest destroys society

Incest destroys relationships of love and trust. No father should ever
    break the trust and love he has with his child by initiating sex. Our society is built on
    relationships among family and friends and allowing incest would complicate and alter our
    societies structure. Love is a beautiful thing but incest violates nature and society and destroys trust. Incest is in no way beneficial to our modern society and it is therefore ok to condemn and ban incest.

• Bad for Children

Incestuous marriage are thinkable only if they are childfree. Otherwise, genetic consequences could be disastrous. The genetic information of two partners too closely resembles each other; that's why bad genes can too easily become dominant. This is probably the reason for the revulsion to such relationships at the instinctual level. One never can guarantee that children will not be born!

• All you, incest lovers, are totally sick!

After 300-500 years your generation will be erased from this planet, your children, that will be born from your relatives, will suffer from diseases and next descendants will have even more problems, you will not see this, but you should know that this will really happen and it will be a great example of how natural selection works.

Cryssie says2013-02-26T13:31:53.357
I don't even know if I should put my response in for this..
Anonymous says2013-03-01T02:46:01.797
Read Forbidden and you'll understand why I'm not sure.
ILoveThisWebsite says2016-05-16T17:18:22.327
Most debates on this website make me laugh, this one made me vomit a little