Is there any super car really fabulous enough to justify forking over $1 million?

• Yes. There are plenty of vehicles that fit the bill.

I guess ultimately it depends on how much money you have. But if you consider buying a million dollar vehicle then money is no object. So, yes if I was in that position, I might consider one. But to me, the intrinsic value of a classic car, is more appealing than a new super-car.

• I believe there are cars worth 1 million dollars, such as really old cars that are collectors' items.

There are really old cars that are part of American history, and are extremely valuable. How can one place a value on such treasures? If someone has enough money and feels comfortable spending 1 million dollars, then to that person, it's a good deal. Taste is subjective, and just because I may not spend 1 million on a car doesn't mean others wouldn't.

Posted by: EadmuCy
  • Yes, because if you have millions or billions of dollars, then the cost of something doesn't really matter.

Some people are so rich, that paying a million dollars for a car would not even matter to them. These are the people that a car like this would be marketed to. Peoples' systems of values are completely different. So what something may be "worth" to someone can vary greatly from person to person.

Posted by: M0r3Fire
  • Yes, it's possible that a car that conserves energy, or one that showcases a new technology, could be worth paying a million dollars for.

If a car that was perfectly environmentally responsible or showcased a fantastic new capability was created, than it might be worth a million dollars. Wealthy people could test out the new technology before it's available to the general public in more than a few years. A car that looks beautiful is nice, but if a car has a fantastic ability than it might be worth the money. If a flying car were created, it would be very expensive, and if I were extremely wealthy I might purchase one and try it.

Posted by: R4yCher
  • While some might purchase such a car simply because they can and are materialistic individuals, there is no legitimate reason beyond professional racing to actually do so.

There are a number of million dollar or more cars that are incredibly cool by just about any standard, but that doesn't mean that it is justifiable to be forking over that much money for them. There are literally thousands of other cars that can be purchased for less, and a wide array of extremely nice vehicles to be found for even one twentieth of that amount. This is really a matter of whether an individual is materialistic or has a reasonable perspective of what is deserving of their income etc. (900,000 of this million could go to charity and they could still get a very nice car), but if you've got the money to spend and don't care about throwing it away, more power to you.

Posted by: SydneeM
  • Yes there are they're usually classics or hypercars though.

When you buy a million dollar car you're not just buying a car. You're buying a piece of history, art, or engineering. Cars like the McLaren F1 and P1 are both incredible pieces of engineering as well as history. The F1 was the first street legal car to break the 240 mph barrier. The P1 set the Nurburgring record of around 6:30 seconds (it beat the Porsche 918 by almost half a minute). Almost any classic Ferrari racecar is worth millions of dollars. Cars like the 330 P4 which dominated the LeMans in the 60's and cars like the 250 testarossa which dominated LeMans in the 50's. These cars were also produced in extremely low volumes (by low volumes i mean like less than 20 or 15) and not many have survived the years. You are also buying a brand at this point. Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Bugattis, McLarens, Mercedes Benzs, and Aston Martins all have racing heritages. So when you buy a car from them, you buy a piece of their heritage, and their heritage is infused with the cars they make. Also some cars have that distinctive look ie. Koenigseggs, Bertones, Rolls Royces, Bugattis, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Aston Martins, Porsches, and McLaren's all have that one car that has that Million Dollar look. It is an automotive art form because nothing else looks like it on the road. They immediately catch a persons eye and make them think WOW now thats a car. So to end this, yes million dollar cars are not always very practical but they have their place in the world (yes even the Prius) and what would the world be without them? Boring. Supercars, Hypercars, and even the new "megacar"bthe Koenigsegg Agera One:1 are here for us to make life exciting. Whether it would be their performance or shape these cars will always find a place in our hearts.

• Heck no are yall crazy

I have an el camino worth 2 grand that suits any need get you from a to b has ac and heat and seat belt windows and four wheels and a motor wuts so special bout a million dollar car that does the same as any other car i mean dang man if you got an extra mill to spend on a car screw it get a 4000 dollar car and send the rest to charity you cheap selfish jurk i know you workd hard for that money but still you dont have to rub it in

• I do not think any car would be worth one million dollars, because the point of vehicles is to get from point A to point B.

I think cars should be used to get from point A to point B safely, and anything cosmetic about them is just icing on the cake. Cars should be affordable, because the upkeep is so expensive (paying for gas, insurance, plates and licenses). The bulk of your money should not be wasted on a car when there is so much more worthwhile things you could use the money for.

Posted by: BashfulEmil60
  • No automobile is worth spending $1 million on, merely on principle.

Any automobile that would cost $1 million on the open market would undoubtedly be overloaded with superfluous extras that in no way enhance the basic function of the car itself. Decent high quality cars can be had for a mere fraction of that price. It is sheer lunacy to purchase a car in that price range.

Posted by: BrownDustin82
  • Purchasing a car at the exorbitant price of $1,000,000.00 wastes money that otherwise might go to more worthy causes.

While an amazing car certainly holds appeal, the money spent on an expensive car could easily provide food and shelter for those with greater needs. Many children around the world do not eat enough or live in a healthy environment, and purchasing an outrageously priced car deems their needs less valuable than that of owning a cool car.

Posted by: ButEasy
  • There is not a car that is worth that much, when there are so many other things you could do with your money.

Spending a million dollars on a car is a bit outrageous, when there are so many other things you could do with that money, like build a whole new house, feed a village in Africa, have a wonderful party for the whole city, or just do something that would benefit others. Plus, where are you going to ever drive your million dollar car and not worry about it getting messed up?

Posted by: BestGreg
  • No, because all of the money people pay for expensive cars could go to better use.

I am a firm believer in helping other less fortunate than yourself. Yes, being able to show off your wealth makes some people feel better about themselves. But a $20,000 car will get you everywhere you need to go, just the same as a $1 million one will. You are simply paying for a name at that point and, at the end of the day, Joe Shmo is going to get more recognition for donating money to the poor or charity, than you will for driving a car that's worth could feed a 3rd world country for a year. I would love to have anyone try to justify buying a car that costs that much.

Posted by: 5h4yGlory
  • No, because any car is simply a tool to get from place to place.

I would not pay much more than 2% of the price cited above for a vehicle. Given that a good working car can be purchased for $10,000 or less, it seems ludicrous to pay one hundred times that for a vehicle, assuming the buyer is simply a consumer. There are many many useful things to do with such an amount of money, other than buying a car.

Posted by: CurvyErich46
  • No, because spending over $1 million on any means of transportation would be a waste of money.

There is so much more that could be done with $1 million. First, it could be used to help people. Second, even if it weren't used to help people, it could be used for something more sensible, such as a house.

Posted by: MollieH
  • I oppose spending over $1 million on a car, there are far better things worth that value.

I believe $1 million is way too much to spend on a car. Better things to spend $1 million include a home, several cars, a few college tuitions, etc. Also, I think charities would benefit having $1 million far more than a dealership.

Posted by: TickoSoI
  • I don't personally believe any car is worth 1 million dollars.

I think spending a million dollars for a car is completely ridiculous. If I was to shovel out that kind of money, the car better at least fly. I don't even understand why someone would even consider that. Even if I was a multi-millionaire I'd still think it was insane.

Posted by: LorenaH