• Sure- there are many.

Not wasting one's time believing in supernatural nonsense for which there is no evidence is the biggest one, of course. But there is also a great benefit in morality- those who do not believe in gods are moral for morality's sake- because it benefits society as a whole. Not because they think there is some supernatural father figure dictating rules.

And if we're talking about the Abrahamic god, the intolerance and discrimination espoused by those religions is significant. Not to mention the central tenet of Christianity is that humans are so inherently evil they deserve eternal punishment for just being alive, and that they must bow down to the "right" god to get out of that. It's a guilt-ridden, anti-human belief system that rewards blind faith and not actual moral or charitable behavior.

• Yes of course

For a start you don't go around trying to please an invisible tyrant . Another benefit is I never approved of bullies so to pay homage to a genocidal, baby murdering, woman hating cowardly brute of a God is beyond comprehension , and his need for daily adoration is chilling .Its claimed he is loving where I come from any God or person who demands babies heads are dashed off rocks is a filthy animal of the lowest order.

• Some thoughts from an atheist

I'm not sure if it is a benefit but you don't have to believe in God to be a good person. I can travel my own path and realize how to help others without the say from an old book written by men. As far as I can tell religion goes against many things I believe in and condemns me for it. And while I believe religion may bring people hope or peace it causes more problems then it solves.

Issues such as gay marriage, feminism, wars; all caused by people arguing religion. If everyone was free from these opinions presented to them by a priest, what would they say? Would these problems disappear? I think most of them would. And it is that that makes me think there is an up-side in not believing in God. I don't have to worry some spiritual being is watching my every step and judging me, I can choose my own fate.

• A Spoonful of Sugar...

Most devout religious people don't realise that they see the world through rose-tinted spectacles. It isn't until you take off those glasses that you see there are more colours to the rainbow than pink!

Life without god is like tea without sugar - It tastes awful at first, but you wake up to the truth; tea does not need sugar, and it tastes infinitely better without.

• God is a Limitation

For some reason people think that just because some deity can give hope, that it's the best path of hope, or that if you don't believe that there is absence of hope. There are thousands of alternatives when you don't believe, it allows you to have an open slate to expand beyond the idea of a god to a more realistic sense.

And given that the question is just "Is there benefit", even a single benefit would resolve the case. It's simple, if you don't believe in a god, which stands as an explanation for morality, creation, life, existence, whatever, all the while not having a shred of evidence, then you can find answers to the big questions that are based on reality, therefore getting a grasp on what is real and expanding the mind to understand. There is also the case in which if you were to be talking about life, and were to give a theological answer, then opposed to a secular answer, you end up looking silly.

Then one of the most important ones is not having an emotional attachment to a faith based claim, feeling rejected if something challenges that claim or is skeptical about it. That doesn't mean that all believers will feel overly attached to this imagination, but what it does mean is that when you have something as unexplained or too complex to explain as a deity, it's a crapshoot to how much you emotionally invest in it. Whereas not believing, there's a freedom to be open with criticism and no pressure from faith.

• Do I even need to explain?

First of all, we are open minded. We understand all the possibilities and are not so single minded. We don't jump to conclusions when there is barely any proof.
    And secondly, its amazing to hear all the opinions and not think down on it. A lot of my friends who are christians think that the islamic religion is terrible and is stupid. They only believe that their religion is the best, so in other words, we aren't arrogant.

• Without god, anything is possible

People are free to believe as they will and should follow whatever path works best for them. However, a belief in god can become a crutch that is used to replace personal responsibility, accountability, and introspection. If everything happens because god wills it to be so, there's less of a reason to be aggressively proactive about solving problems or improving one's conditions; god will provided the necessary solution if he deems it appropriate, after all, so why bother. When god is given credit for making things happen, there's less incentive for people to take the initiative and make things happen on their own.

Take away the belief in god (and more specifically, the belief in the will of god being imposed upon the world), and all of a sudden anything is possible. So long as we are willing to go out and make it happen for ourselves. So a person who does not believe in god and feels that they are solely responsible for solving their own problems and changing the world around them may have a significant advantage over someone who believes that if they simply wait patiently "god will provide". All from simply having a different mind-set regarding what they, as an individual, are capable of and responsible for.

That said, does it have to be that way, always? Of course not. You can have lazy atheists, and proactive theists. But there is a potential benefit from removing god (and god's will) from the equation.

• Yes, there is.

Theists who are open-minded should take seriously the skeptical questions about their beliefs, because to do anything else requires assuming that it is impossible that they could be mistaken. Atheism can offer one of the most serious skeptical challenges to theism because atheists don't simply doubt this or that doctrine - atheists disbelieve even the most fundamental characteristic of any theistic system, the belief in a god.

• God Is Religion

Science is where we adjust our theories based on what is observed. It is a clear open minded way of viewing the world where we learn genuine facts. Religion or God is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved. God is the way that humans have learnt to hide behind the fact that the universe is massive and we are not just puppets of gods creations. Humans invented god because we were afraid of death. To solve this, we made an afterlife (heaven) and someone in there to look after us (God).

• No real difference...

In reality, it makes no difference what we believe because beliefs are just that, beliefs. We all will see the same end. It's the here and now where the difference is. So the real questions should be... Are you benefiting your life now by having or not having beliefs in whatever you want to make up in your head.

• You go to hell

Islam is the only true religion, it is proven to be the true religion for the following reasons, 1. The Kalaam Cosmological Argument, everything that begins to exist has a cause, the universe began to exist, therefore it has a cause, therefore God exists 2. The Argument from design, the universe is fine-tuned for life to exist, such fine tuning requires a designer therefore God exists 3. The Transcendental Argument, the laws of logic exist and are immaterial, atheism can't account for them but theism can, therefore God exists 4. Biogenesis, we have yet to create life from non life, if we can't do it, it can't be done by itself, therefore God exists 5. The Holy Quran, It transcends the arabic language and couldn't have come from a human being, and we have yet to create a chapter like it, therefore God exists, and therefore Islam is the true religion

and if you reject it, you will burn in hell

so please except Islam today, inshallah

• I've Got Nothing To Lose

It makes more sense to believe in God than to not.
    I base my argument on Pascal's Wager. Pascal was a French Philosopher, doctor, etc.
    The wager uses the following logic (excerpts from Pensées, part III, §233):
    1. "God is, or He is not"
    2. A Game is being played... Where heads or tails will turn up.
    3. According to reason, you can defend neither of the propositions.
    4. You must wager(either believe or not believe). It's not optional.
    5. Let us weigh the gain and the loss in wagering that God is. Let us estimate these two chances. If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing.
    6. Wager, then, without hesitation that He is. (...) There is here an infinity of an infinitely happy life to gain, a chance of gain against a finite number of chances of loss, and what you stake is finite. And so our proposition is of infinite force, when there is the finite to stake in a game where there are equal
    risks of gain and of loss, and the infinite to gain.

For much more detail go to the Wikipedia page for Pascal's Wager.

• It is unreasonable to stand against the obvious

It is one thing for someone to refuse to participate in religion. But for the same not to be believe in God is irrational. That is only a lie that one embraces until the day the lie can no longer serve as an ideological safe haven. We were made for God and perish without Him.

• No, God saves.

God gives people hope and love for each other. Without the faith in God, people would be sad and think that there is no eternal life. Religion has been very beneficial to people's emotional health. Yes, sometimes people abuse religion for power, but overall people have been happier and more loving with God!

• Religion gives hope.

Even if God is fake he still gave hope. Without hope life will be ruled by fear. Would you rather die and decay or, die, go to paradise, when family die you meet up with them. So, hope empowers people and fear represses. So yea I don't agree with said topic.

• Not a benefit...

A benefit? Probably not. Believing in God does not mean letting God rule your life, so most of the arguments so far on here are irrelevant. Believing in God doesn't not mean God will suddenly dictate all aspects of your life. What it means is that you believe in God. Nothing else. What you chose to do with that is up to you. There's also no provable, as in Heaven or Hell, benefit to believing in God either. So, in conclusion, it doesn't matter if you believe in God or not.

• Belief or disbelief does not count as an advantage.

The belief or disbelief in a God is not an indicator of open mindedness or higher intelligence, nor is it a means to be more open minded or more intelligent.

Most people would quickly underestimate the mental capacity of a human being that believes in a god. They would normally say that he fails to comprehend or fails to accept the numerous logical reasons to prove that there is no god. However, we have to see that most if not some have already considered these and PERSONALLY chose to continue believing.

Limitations? Most of the "limitations" that religions provide are based on moral codes. Moral codes of which were based on logical reasons. Although I admit that circumstances in which these "Religious Rules" were made long ago may not hold true today, that is the responsibility of the highest institution of the religion to put new interpretations on the scriptures so that they may fit the demands of today.

There is no benefit in NOT believing in a God.

• There is no benefit in NOT believing in God.

I don't believe there is any type of benefit in not believing in god, however I also don't think there is any type of benefit in believing in him. You can choose what you want to do and think but in the end you only benefit yourself through your actions not only your thoughts.