• We exist and were intelligent

We already no, that there is one intelligent species, us. Why can't there be others, humanity still has to figure out how to achieve faster than light travel maybe faster than light travel is impossible and that is why we haven't encountered any alien space explorers? Who knows chances are it will be quite some time before/if humans will be able to go out far into space and look for aliens.

Until we do, all we can do is guess, there were countless points in history where people thought the world ended at a specific point/place, over time we explored the planet and proved past generations wrong. I would look forward to the day our decedents prove all the doubters wrong and find aliens, sad thing is by then I will probably be dead and it will no longer matter to me.

The real question is what will we do when we encounter another intelligent species? If an alien did show up on Earth someone would probably shoot it, maybe aliens know we exist and have accessed are internet and seen all the alien invasion movies Hollywood has dreamed up and that scared them off.

• It is very feasible

I agree with Shadowhuntress on this. It would be a waste of space for an immeasurable universe like this one to house only one inhabited planet. To me, it is almost impossible that we are the only intelligent species in the universe. There are probably numerous civilizations out there, just waiting to be discovered.

• Logically probably not... But it's a possibility

Honestly I'm not sure (no one is) that's there other life out there. UFOs totally fake no way there real, the USA or some other country would have found out by now. The only reason that leads me to believe that there could be/have been other life is ancient Egypt and all the different types of skulls we've found. Egyptians wrote in there hygrophics of what we would refer to as human like people with long back heads I suppose... Same as skulls we've found around that world that seems to be strange considering it couldn't have been a point in evolution because there were also normal looking people. There was also something about major places in the world making some type of patterns but I don't know much about that. Over all there's a logical possibility they are, even if it's from thousands of years ago.

• There is a lot of shady business going on

The universe is too big for there to only be one planet fir for intelligent life. What about the UfO's? What are they really? I think they are alien space craft. Alien Intelligent life may not need the exact same circumstances to live that we do, so maybe they developed in a planet totally unlike ours

• You put the wrong "there*"

Yes there is intelligent life out there. If space is indefinitely large then there has to be other intelligent life out there. It may not my aliens like we have in movies, but something has to be out there. And that's all I have to say but I needed more words.

• It's impossible that there isn't.

Other life probably doesn't need the same things we do to live. And my main argument, it is mathematically impossible for there to NOT be intelligent life out there. If the universe is infinite then literally anything can happen. There's probably planets out there that are the exact same as ours with the exact same, well everything, except we're purple or some crap like that. Yay for infinity.

• Not like you're implying.

There aren't aliens watching over us in spaceships, occasionally causing mischief. An alien crashing is the most illogical thing I've heard. They flew hundreds or thousand of light-years through space but once they got to Earth they crash? Really? Aliens are not in contact with us. How do I know? Because I have no evidence to suggest otherwise. Are there intelligent species in the Universe on some distant planet? More than likely. Just not as intelligent as the alien hunters believe. There's probably a planet populated by dodo birds just living their lives without any understanding of life beyond their front door. I would be completely okay with that. One war mongering species is enough for this Universe.

Mike01506 says2014-05-02T20:35:22.807
I'm not going to take a question seriously that can't spell 'there' correctly.
GeeWillikers says2014-05-11T15:06:40.183
Not the ones that everyone believes. My answer is no, because whenever someone tries to prove this stuff is real, they get far away pictures, and its getting old. If there are, they probably don't know that we exist, or try to find evidence of us like we do of them. And aliens still falls under sci-fi.