• OK, Then Shrimp Eaters are not Christians

The fact of the matter is that all commit sin. By the opposing argument's definition, nobody can be a Christian who sins. Bad news for anybody with a bowl cut, or who enjoys shellfish. Whether or not you think homosexuality is a sin does not matter. Sinners can still be considered a Christian.

• I've personally met a homosexual Christian.

(First off, be warned, this will offend those that don't believe the same as I do. Not intending to offending anyone. These are simply my thoughts based on my beliefs.)

I go to a Bible college and a homosexual Christian came to speak to us about how he does have the attraction to men, but that he's given his life to Christ and chooses to live each day for him rather than in the sin of lusting after men. So, yes, the attraction is still there I believe biologically, possibly through genetics, and that's something that can't be controlled. What can be controlled is how Christians deal with a temptation like homosexuality. It's like any other temptation. Temptation is okay. It helps us grow and rely on God. What's not okay is when we make the choice to carry out that temptation and sin because of it. An example that may not be as controversial is having sex outside of marriage. For Christians, that's wrong because we're called to save ourselves for marriage. If we're tempted to have sex outside of marriage and carry through with it, that's a sin. Because we've given our lives to Christ, though, we are given grace and can ask for forgiveness to start over.

• Yes there is...

I think people tend to forget, being homosexual is not some kind of choice that people make. Gay Christians do in fact exist, whether or not they choose to acknowledge their homosexual attractions. Choosing to believe in Christianity does not change the fact that they are attracted to the same sex. Most just choose to suppress their homosexual attractions in attempt to be "right with god" while others choose to live openly while sticking to their beliefs.

• People changes what the bible states and does not state.

In Christianity, people change the rules in the bible.

If you are a Christian, everyone has different morals. No Christian thinks like every other Christian, our minds are too complex to all think the same.

To back up my case with my argument, I have pulled some bible verses, and included examples of famous people, who are Christian, and don't follow the exact rules.

Leviticus 19:28 "You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the Lord."

Don't get me wrong, but I swear I have seen a lot of people with crosses on there arm, leg, even the hip. People like Justin Bieber, Demi Lovato, Justin Timberlake, Rihanna.. The list goes on!

(Deuteronomy 23:1) "He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord."

Basically, anyone who cuts off there testicles is disobeying the rule.
    That is kind of ironic because people who have testicular cancer don't
    really have a choice for it. I have family members who have had testicular cancer, and they are Christian.

Leviticus 26:27-30: "If in spite of this you still do not listen to me but continue to be hostile toward me, 28 then in my anger I will be hostile toward you, and I myself will punish you for your sins seven times over. 29 You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters."

That means, if you break ANY of the rules, in the bible, you have to eat your own BABY. Now, I really don't see a lot of Christians eating there babies, huh?

Gay Christian or Straight Christian, we all in a different way have a different belief. Maybe you don't believe in god, maybe you do. Maybe you just go with the flow, and you be agnostic. Or maybe you are a Christian, but do not stand for some parts of the bible.

The point is: People still, till this day, change bible verses. The original,
    is the original, but many people see different bibles that suit for them. There is no 1 right bible, because everyone believes something than someone else. You may both believe in god, but you both will have different morals.

• Which God do you seem to follow

The Old Testament God was one of strict rules and customs. Whereas the New Testament God is one more of love and compassion. Because Christianity follows the teachings of Christ (such as love your neighbor as yourself) it is possible that a gay person could be considered Christian as they believe Jesus as their savior.

• Yes, regardless of

Christian:
    "a person who has received Christian baptism or is a believer in Christianity."

Together with the quote bellow, we can conclude that there are Christians who identify themselves as homosexual.

"But Christianity is not a club or a movement. For us, it’s a completely life-changing experience of God, rooted in the teachings, ministry, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. We have been changed in such a profound way that the word “Christian” describes an integral part of who we are, not something we could choose to disassociate ourselves from if we wanted. And even if we could, we wouldn’t want to. We are happy about what God has done and continues to do in our lives!"-https://www.Gaychristian.Net, FAQ page.

• God loves everyone.

These so-called "hypoChristians" aren't proving anything other than how hypocritical Christians can be. I have grown up in the church, go to church almost every Sunday, and I am pansexual (I can find love with any sexuality). The only way to get to heaven is to believe that Jesus is God's son--NOT by being a so-called "perfect Christian" by persecuting those who do not share the same beliefs as you.

• One's sexual orientation shouldn't matter.

Homosexuals do not have a choice regarding which gender they are interested in. The discrimination they face on a daily basis is probably more than enough of a reminder that they are not generally accepted and painfully different from the social norm. Many gay individuals try to change, but it just isn't that simple. It's like trying to change a straight individual into a gay one. Things don't work like that.

God loves all his children, as clearly stated in the bible, no matter what they have done. Surely He wouldn't be as unreasonable as to make an exception for those who do not love the opposite gender.

Surely practicing homosexuality wouldn't lead to a one-way-ticket to hell written off by God himself. Homosexuals have absolutely no say in their sexual preferences, and shouldn't be punished for something they aren't responsible for. Can loving one another, regardless of gender, really be considered a sin?

In regards to the "perfect person created just for everyone" theory, what are the chances of one actually finding their person? It is known as a fact that every single relationship out there encounters problems and conflicts, with no exception. Simply put, perfect relationships are impossible. If it really was God's will for us to be together with the one he has paired us with, why hasn't he simply paired us with them from the moment we were born? Why do so many people die alone? Can it really be considered God's will if He Himself does not enforce it?

According to you, would it be any different if one were to go into a relationship with any other person than the one they were paired with, and being gay?

• Depends. Truly does depend.

Homosexuality is a heart issue. It's a struggle tone of people go through and is just a temptations as I see it. So yes, you can"be" a homosexual and still go to heaven. Its just like divorce as I see it. If you divorce and remarry, you are living in adultery every day of your life. Does that mean you are condemned to Hell?? I say to thee nay. But then comes the question of practicing homosexuality. The bible clearly states that doing such heinous acts is a monstrosity and that those who behave as such will not be excepted into the kingdom of God. Its not that tough of an issue to decipher I think. You cannot constantly live a lifestyle of sin and call yourself a Christian. Its a fundamental impossibility. Its like saying "yeah, I guess ill be your adopted son, but i'm never going to see you, talk to you, and I am going to deliberately disobey you every day of my life. "

• Yes. Your sexual orientation isn't a "lifestyle choice"; it's something you're born with, like the color of your eyes. And it's not a sin, either.

The Christ I know loves everyone. Being Christian is about believing in Christ and having a good heart-- and striving to lead a good, compassionate life. It doesn't have anything to do with what you do behind closed doors (unless those activities involve animals or children, duh). Being gay isn't a shortcoming as a Christian, or as a person in general.

• Try this verse on for a size.

"Don't you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don't fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people-none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

That's it. There is no exception. That is black and white, clear as crystal. ----to quote Willy Wonka...

If you are gay and you call yourself a Christian you are not practicing biblical Christianity, therefore, what are you?

• Depends on what you mean

If you mean a person who is gay and gives his/her life to Christ and struggles with homosexuality, then yes. They realize that what they are doing is wrong and if they begin to fight the sin then they can be considered a "Gay Christian." If you mean that "gay Christian" refers to someone who actively, perpetually, and unrepentantly lives a homosexual lifestyle, then no, they are not a christian at all.

• No such thing

One could be a Christian with a homosexual desire, like one may be a Christian with other desires. So far that desire has been condemned by the Bible, one believing to be a Christian cannot continue to describe himself or herself according to that desire.

We have been redeemed from sin and cannot be described by sin. Homosexuality is sin, and therefore there is no such thing as a homosexual Christian (or a gay Christian). It is like saying that there is such a thing as a adulterous Christian or a lying Christian.

• You're joking. Right?

What I mean by this, is it possible to be a Christian and a practicing homosexual? The Bible is clear on this. Homosexual acts are an abomination to God. You can be homosexual, and still be a Christian. You cannot be a practicing homosexual and still be a Christian. Period.

• Perhaps by mortal definition, but never a true Christian

It is clearly stated in the Bible that homosexuality is wrong. It is clearly written, "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error" (Romans 1:26-27). So even though the homosexual Christian might call himself a Christian, he will never become a true one unless he repents, since otherwise he will be violating the word of God.

• "No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other" - Matthew 6:24

You can not simply spend your life committing sin, never repenting. You can't enter heaven with sin. Homosexuality IS a sin, for God made the perfect person just for you (of the opposite sex), and to go against that is to go against God's will. Also, no matter what sect/denomination you're in, or what your personal beliefs are, the Bible remains the same, with the same guidelines, and you are convicted of the same sins...

"Christianity isn't just a religion... It's a real relationship with the One who saved you..."

• Saved FROM sin, not Saved IN sin

It is clear from Scripture that God, from the beginning, purposed to save a chosen people from their sins to His own glory. God the Father chose a fixed number of souls and placed their names in His Son; God the Son gave His life at Calvary as a propitiatory, atoning sacrifice to put away the sins of those chosen souls: and God the Holy Spirit gives spiritual life to those same chosen souls through regeneration and the gifts of repentance from dead works and faith in Jesus Christ.

God doesn't save people IN their sinful state so they may continue living in sin and justifying their sin. He saves people FROM their sins to serve the Living God in newness of life (1 Cor. 6: 9 -11).

Redeemed souls praise God for saving them and desire to love and serve the Lord Jesus by confessing.The gospel of His life, His Person, His work, and His Glory. Christians are filled with the love of Christ and love for His church. Anyone who is more pre-occupied with gaining public acceptance for an orientation, a lifestyle, or a behavioral choice than with confessing Christ is showing that Jesus Christ is not.The center of their lives---their own attributes are their god.

"Out of the sbundance of the heart, the mouth speaks". We can be certain of what is in one's heart by what one talks about the most. Christians confess Christ and the things concerning Him. Unredeemed sinners revel in sin; justify sin; and attempt to procure acceptance for their sin, whatever those sins may be. So, the concept of a truly redeemed, "gay Christian" is an impossibility.

• No, but a sect can be made

Just like sects apart from the central denomination is made just so they can "accommodate" for their own self-interests, a sect of the Christianity can be made that supports homosexuality. But the current widely known Christianity sects do not support homosexuality. If there is a way to twist the interpretation of the verses that denounces homosexuality in the bible it is possible.

• If one is a cherry picker, yes.

There is something to be said about convenient theology.
    It's a noncommittal positon to take, sort of like a limp hand shake...
    Yuck.
    It is interesting that through out history we continually see the churches ideologies are NOT in the cutting edge of human rights, because the entire point of religion, well the 2 abrahamic ones that are holding this planet hostage, is that humans don't have rights.
    What we have seen through out history is when people question antiquated ideology the church changes their position...We are seeing that laid out before our eyes today concerning homosexuals today.
    How depressing knowing the number of homosexuals that never got to even feel the light of day...Don't get me started...

GWL-CPA says2014-04-02T02:43:55.370
Not according to the Bible.
BlackOpal97 says2015-06-27T10:40:31.927
I don't believe so but maybe a former gay that turned to christianity
I really don't know