• God is our absolute truth.

God clearly states that he is the absolute truth. He is and always will be. He has set rules (Ten Commandments) for us to follow. I do not believe that there are gray areas. If there are, it is because the world has twisted our views and made it hard for us to see what is truth and what are lies.

• Society exists Because of Absolute Truth

The point of absolute truth is not that we are able to tell the absolute truth, but that in everyday conversation, whether we admit to it or not, we appeal to a higher standard of truth that transcends human opinion. Is it then possible for an opinion to be wrong? Yes, of course. Surely if someone were to hit you in the face with out your beckoning you would instantly appeal to the fact that harmful purposeful body contact is wrong. In this case, the person who is wrong is not just wrong in a philosophical sense, but in the sense that they are, if you will, hitting you in the face with their opinion. Is it even logically possible to convince someone of anything being right then? If being right, you are saying that it lines more closely up with a universal standard. How then is any law created or any moral consensus relevant? A consensus is made of individuals; if everyone went with what everyone else thought, then what a confused mess we would be.

• Is 2+2 relative?

To me (and I don't want to offend anyone) saying truth is relative is like saying 2+2 is relative. The last time I checked most people thought it was four (unless you ask someone less than 4 years of age :) hehe). I believe 2+2=4. These truths allow us to do amazing things like build bridges or measure objects... If this weren't a truth, engineering would be alot harder. Peace :)

• There is no absolute truth. Is that true?

To say there is no absolute truth is a contradictory statement in itself. It can be compared to the elephant and the six blind men story where they each say something different. Those who say there is no truth or truth is relative are just like the blind men, who say what they think it is. But that does not change what the elephant is, instead it makes all of their claims false. If there is no absolute truth than why do we think Hitler was bad if he was in some way doing his own truth. If you said Hitler was good people would think you where crazy, to say there is no absolute means there is an infinite amount of truth for the other side of that question. For example "murder is evil" if that is not absolute it means that "murder is good" but it also means it's evil. To end with, God is absolute truth and it must exist as he does.

• There is such a thing as absolute truth.

Although a lot of opinions are subjective, there are some absolute truths in the world. For example, mathematics is a form of absolute truth. Given an axiomatic system, you can form absolute truths that are corollaries to the axioms. In certain systems, such as mathematics, these things are absolutely true.

• Absolute truth: the paradox

Well, under my logic I can only conclude that this idea is a paradox if one were to take the con of this debate. If i were to make a statement that was false, lets say "I dont enjoy cookies," then i proceed to say " i lied," then i just told an absolute truth. If you were to argue that humans were incapable of such, and it would be true, than that itself is the absolute truth.

• Yes, but knowing it is debatable.

I firmly do believe that there is a such thing as absolute truth. But I also believe that there is a problem with it in that the absolute truth may be very complicated in nature. It is also very possible that we humans, with our blinders and personal biases, will never actually be able to know the full reality of absolute truth.

• All We Can Know Is We're Having An Experience

The only absolute truth is that there is no absolute truth except for this absolute truth, and for the fact that we experience(or don't depending on how you use the word but the way in which I meant it we do) whether that experience is of something real or something simulated or not it's still absolutely true that we are experiencing it.

• Yes - Whatever I say!

It is real simple. There are two rules.
    Rule One: I am always absolutely right.
    Rule Two: If I am every wrong; reread Rule One.
    I love the religious fanatics that claim the man made concept called God is the absolute truth. All religions have no truth; just superstitious nonsense, religious dogma.

• If absolute truth did not exist, then it would be an absolute truth to say that there are no absolute truths.

If absolute truth did not exist, then it would be an absolute truth to say that there are no absolute truths. As this would then be an absolute truth, then they must exist.

So, they must exist, even if the only absolute truth is that they do exist, they still exist.

• There is no absolute truth.

Absolute means completely, and try as you will, there will always be a trace of untruth in there somewhere. If you say you told the absolute truth, that in itself would be an untruth. Nobody is capable of an absolute truth, therefore, there is no such thing as absolute truth.

• There is no absolute truth

There is nothing in this planet that is absolutely true. History means "his story" and it is not anything to prove that anything is true, things that have been said to be absolutely true, do way that it is false have been proven wrong, so it is not possible. NO

• There is no absolute truth

• There is none.

My statement is not self-contradicting either, it a merely opinions such as everything else anyone says. There problem with this view is that it leads to disorder and against the perpetuation of our species. It is deemed useful for advancement. However, regardless of it's uses, this does not mean it is true or not. The closest endeavour to absolute truth is mathematics. However mathematics itself is not absolute. This may seem absurd but let's talk about it. 1 +1 =2. This is universally accepted. However, 1+1 is not always 2. Egs. 1 watermolecule plus 1 water molecule can result in either 1 water molecule or many water molecules. 1 chick + 1 fox = 1 satisfied fox or one rabbit plus one rabbit = many rabbits due to reproduction. This is not the same as 1*1 = 1 in mathematics. If something always existed then the big bang happened then isnt it wise to say everything is 1? But then again, the answer to that is also relative. There are many great implications to this notion, however, it is the result of critical thinking and intellectual honesty. The only absolute truth is that there is no absolute truth but my statement must also be an absolute truth because I said so, unless ofcourse it is not. Then what is it? Who determines what is true and what is not? People do :) See where Im going with this.

• There is none.

And my statement is not an absolute truth either, it is subjective and not self contradicting. It is my opinion. As is what anyone else says about anything. The problem with this is that it causes instability in society which will inevitably lead to chaos. Truth is simply a word used towards facts that are agreed upon with good reason. It is useful to the survival of our species. Without it there cannot be order. However, because it is used for this reason, does not make it true. Mathematics, physics, chemistry, science are our best endeavours to absolute truth but still subjective. As it is agreed upon by conscious minds that are deemed sane by popular consensus. For eg. 1 plus 1 is 2. However, what is 1? If we say one atom plus one atom is two. How are we even sure one atom plus one atom doesnt equal one atom. The reality is that there is no two identical ones at all in this universe, especially if everything is from one thing. If everything is from the big bang then everything that seems seperate is part of one thing. The best example of this is one drop of water plus one drop of water equals one drop of water which can turn into many drops of wateror 1 Fox + 1 Chicken = 1 satisfied Fox or 1 Rabbit + 1 Rabbit, we may get 5 Rabbits under the experience of multiplication. Numbers do not exist in reality, but are conceptual terms that have meaning according to the topic. Maths often commits the fallacy of equivocation, it a merely a universal language. Also, truths are only truths depending on the way our brains work. To a mentally challenged person, they see everything we see as truth and non-truth.

• Is there such a thing as absolute truth?

Not if you believe the wild imaginations from the organized religions. God will put the full truth in your mind when you have shown him that you have earned it. (John 15:26) I know the absolute truth but I cannot tell you because when Immanuel came to the synagogue to tel them that he came to say those words predicted in Isaiah 61:1-2, they killed him. He said the Spirit of God was upon him to teach the good news in that year but they ignored him. (Luke 4:18-21) What good would it do if I told you the full truth?

• There is no truth

Truth is relative. I think people mix up truth with fact. There are facts, such as I am sitting here typing this sentence. But who am I? What is here? Who except I can comprehend the truth or factuality of that statement. I am but a figment of my own imagination, and to you reading these words, I am now a figment of yours.