Is there too much corruption in the New York City Police Department?

• There is too much corruption in the New York City Police Department.

There is too much corruption in the New York City Police Department. The corruption that goes on inside the departments is hard to track down and stop. I think even with restructuring the departments the corruption will always be there because the New York City Police Department is huge and complex.

• Yes, there is.

It does seem like the New York City Police Department are starting to become more corrupt again. Either that, or they are just becoming excessively heavy-handed and using too much force on their citizens. I think this became especially apparent during the Occupy Wall Street Movement and the months that followed.

• Yes, corruption is bad.

Any corruption could be viewed as too much, but yes, the NYPD is large and in a very major city that is very active. It makes sense that there would be more corruption in larger places such as Los Angeles and New York because of the amount of people and the amount of crime going on.

• There is corruption in every police department.

It is very tempting for those in positions of authority to abuse power. Police are no exemption to this. Although the New York City Police Department's corruption is often at the forefrunt of headlines based on its sheer size, corruption exists in police departments, both large and small, throughout the United States.

• No There Isn't

I do not believe there is too much corruption in the New York City Police Department. I believe the stop and search policy is implemented unfairly, but that's not the result of corrupt officers. I believe stories would come about if there was a lot of corruption because not everyone would remain quiet about it.