Is this dress White and Gold (Yes, Pro) or Blue and Black (No, Con)

Asked by: aa9666
  • White AND gold

Interloped, the original dress is black and blue. But, this q refers to the dress in this picture, which the majority of people view as white and gold.

I agree, without the lighting, it would be blue and black. But there is misleading lighting, so we view it as white and gold

• Yes of course

The dress is blue and black stripes. It is said for some people the color is different because they are colorblind. I know what I see and that is my choice. It is also how the brain reacts to it the brain can do many things that can be wrong.

• Yes of course

• The dress is black and blue.

Our brain automatically attempts to subtract natural light color from the colors we observe. Ergo, your brain will either think it is gloomy and blue lighting and subtract those shades rendering the dress white and gold or your brain will think it is bright yellowish-white light making the dress blue and black.

Without misleading lighting, the dress is black and blue as confirmed by amazon and some photo analyzing software.

This is a color breakdown of the photo: http://www.wired.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Unknown.png