• Time is a concept, it doesn't exist.

People have invented time to keep track of past events and predict future events, how can time exist? Simple it can't, things just move on there own, if time were to exist, it would be possible to time travel, and we would see it, and different species might experience time in different speeds.

• It's All Relative

Time, as we measure it, is just a relative scale that measures the actual passing of time. We could have created a system of 10-hour days with 144 minutes each, or 240 hours with 6 minutes each. Either way, we just have a scale of measuring it. Is it really that big of a deal?

• Time is a construct but I will not say it is man made

I cannot really support this in any way except to say it is just a 'feeling'. I really don't know how this is so. I'm just looking into time to see what I can learn about it and this 'time is a construct' just came to me - I didn't come to that as a conclusion.

• Time does not Exist

If we break down matter to its smallest, we can get atom, or even proton or electron or something. But is there any smallest unit of time? Like one tenth of a sec or one millionth? There is none. So, the perceived time is just a measurement of causality. If you are measuring time by the swing of pendulum - the swing will take more "time" on moon? If you are measuring solar year by the movement of earth around the sun ... What will it be after the sun dies out? In a truly universal scale time does not exist as it is ever expanding (unless it starts contracting some day). We just have the illusion of time which is none other than measurement of causality in one way or other.

• It is not a man made construct more like a man made measurement

This measurement was made to keep track of things. Not actually a thing you can interfere with.....Like numbers. Time is just a concept of life help us keep track of things. Some people right now think it is a actual thing you can interfere with and travel through.It is just something we can use to simplify things.

• Man Made Construct

Someone born on Mars but living by earth clock would never understand why there are 60 seconds in a minute, 60 minutes in an hour, and 24 hours in a day. Mars has 687 Earth Days, and even that is a calculation compared to earths time. 24 hours and 37 minutes in a day. The whole calculation of time would be thrown off to this.

• Nooooooo noooooooo nooooo

I found a jacket, its mine now, its bootiful, its DDR
    I like dogs
    Dogs are needed just like my jacket
    My jacket is more bootiful and worth more than time
    But, guess what? Dogs, and jackets
    Jackets with dogs on them and dogs wearing those jackets with dogs on them...

• Fam fam fam

Fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam fam

• Time is man made

Pretty obvious. No one knows when the world was created, so of course someone had to invent it. There is absolutely no way this earth just randomly invented something we have all became slaves to over time. Time is man made, and there is proof that it is. . .

• Time was for the order

Time was constructed to keep order of the universal life styles that were arising. You can dream up a lifetime during your sleep but that dream may only last "two minutes" now tell me how relevant that is. Without time we would be living in the now because we would not know what past.

• Without time the universe would be static

As others have stated our arbitrary measurements for time as we perceive it are man made constructs. Time as the fourth dimension of space and time exists a priori to humans actual perceptuon of it. Time also is not a line that can be traveled back and forth on but is a ray segment that moves foward at the "now" interval. Yes it is true that time as it is experienced is relative to the speed an individual is traveling, their mass and the affects of gravity on that individual. But time as an universal block of space and time is continuous and consistent.

• Time is real

It existed even before humans existed! Not many can anticipate it because not many have abstract thinking else everyone would have been New torn or Einstein! We know any process is not instantaneous and time is the book keeping fourth dimension! Whenever we refer to chemical,physical, biological process we are referring to the evolution in that fourth dimension!
    To understand time we need to make the skeptic people stand outside of restroom and when they want to go in! They will understand the meaning of time! It is real but relative and STR/ GTR describes it beautifully!

• Depends on how you define time

I think the answer to this question very much depends on the way we define time. One could define time as an interval between to events. Here the quantification of an interval is definitely man made. However, I see time more abstract as the change of things itself. For me no time would mean no change in anything. Therefore I say time itself is not a man made construct, since things changed even before we existed. Nevertheless the quantification of intervals in time is man made.

• Depends on how you define time

• G g g

F f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff ff f

• Time is a measurement

Sure, the measurements of time are manmade. Actual time though is not. Humans figured out that it takes the earth 24 hours to rotate once, therefore they named it one day. Humans broke down the measurements we use for time. Remember just because we name something doesn't mean we created it

• Time will exist until/if forever ends....

Modern humans have only displayed behaviours like time keeping, before clocks by the position of the sun in the sky & the waning & movement of the moon, for about 50,000 years not bilions of. But time or rather our perception of it according to our watches & mobile phones is really just our measurement of it, based still on the movements above us & of the earth. It quantifies it for us. But time goes on regardless of it being measured or observed or not. It always has ever lurching forward. Who knows if one day we get to play with it? Worm holes into the past? Parallel universes? Who knows? Maybe its a continuous loop of destruction & recreation, no beginning no end. Therefore time is not man made, it exists irrespective of time pieces & time measurements.

• Space isn't manmade; therefore, time isn't manmade

Yes, we invented seconds, minutes, months, etc. We also invented feet, meters, acres, etc. Saying that we invented time is like saying we invented space. They both exist and are dimensions of the universe (3 of space,1 of time). Just because time isn't physical (unlike space) doesn't mean that we made it up.

• Time is not man made

Sure the way define time (secounds, minutes, hours, years) is man made. But without humans here to define it, a progression of events would still occur only no one would be there to define them. Also, everything needs time to develop such as planets and what not so without time there wouldn't be anything from the start.

• Everything will happen at once

If time was man made, how was earth created. It took a lot of TIME to make earth, and no humans were alive back then. Hours, minutes, second, yes, they're man made, but time itself, past, present, future, it's impossible for it to be man made, if it was, then who controls it then, and how did they make it without time...