Is Tina Fey the most influential female in SNL history?

• Not in a good way

I don't share/enjoy Tina Fey's humor either. Not a fan of most of the seasons of SNL while she was head writer- it has gotten somewhat better with Seth Meyers alone at the helm (at least hit or miss now). I am a pretty goofy person myself, but her humor is goofy without redeeming intelligence. I read her memoir and I was struck over and over by that. Most of the best-of episodes of her tenure were written by other writers (Farrell, McKay in particular).

Gilda Radner was on a trajectory to be the most influential female and probably ranks second, but she left the show to pursue her career with fewer restrictions. Therefore, with her head-writing cred, Weekend Update spot, and iconic Sarah Palin impression/look-alike-act, Tina Fey is it. For better or worse, she is the most influential female to date. Yet I (and many like me) still don't find much that she does all that enjoyable, as evidenced by the facts that 30 Rock was a ratings failure (but certainly a critical success) its entire run, and SNL's ratings bottomed out during her tenure as head writer. Her highest ratings came after she left the show, but returned to guest as Sarah Palin. I guess you could give her credit for ruining Ashlee Simpson's career during her stint at SNL, but that's kind of a stretch.

• Yes, I think Tina Fey is the most influential female in SNL history.

I think Tina Fey is a household name in America due to her role in Saturday Night Live and I think that alone makes her the most influential female in SNL history, I think that she was able to launch a career because of this influence and overall I think she was indeed the most influential female in SNL history.

• Tina Fey is the most influential female in SNL history

It is my opinion that Tina Fey is the most influential female in SNL history. I feel that she is one of the most successful cast members to star in the show, and she is has been one of the few stars to have equal amounts of success outside of her time on the show as well.

• I Can See Russia From My House

Tina Fey's spot-on impression of Sarah Palin during the 2008 election was hilarious. I'll never forget the line "I can see Russia from my house!" as a way to explain Palin's foreign policy credentials. Fey is the most influential female in "Saturday Night Live" history because she influenced the election and possibly swung voters more towards Barack Obama's side. Plus, she's hilarious and knows what is funny and what isn't.

• Thanks to Sarah Palin

She is really a very funny lady. She does it with such great class too. One does have to admit that she would probably not be so famous if it were not for Sarah Plain. Either way, I can not remember a more influential female comic than Tina Fey that was on SNL.

• No, Tina Fey is not most influential female

Tina Fey is not the most influential female in SNL because many do not find her funny. She may have been the longest cast female, however her skits are not creative nor humorous. As a black woman I am unable to relate to Tina Fey and the characters that she portrays. The most influential female to me was Ellen Greghorn.