Is To Kill a Mockingbird one of the best books of all time?

• It is amazing

^ ^ ^ ^ The above says it all. I would read this book a million times over and over. One of my favorites of all time. It teaches many life lessons. I loved this book so much, and anyone of any age will fall in love with it too.

• Yes it is

It os a good book because it is entertaining it teaches about racism, and it could be very relevant to many situations and many time settings because it could be manipulated and changed to fit a topic. It could be a little hard for some readers who don't have a good imagination but that just makes it a harder book.

• This book is amazing

This was the first book i read in my english class that everyone was interested in. My english proffesor got a little frustrated because everyone was so exited that they read ahead. This book is not a waste of time, and it is most definately not dull, anyone who thinks so doesnt have much imagination, and yeah, it may be a little hard to understand, but remember it is written from a childs perspective!

• This book is amazing

• Nrh fgfgr rgg

ITS GREAT bggghddmlk vflkvfkmlfsv f kffkkk k kf kf k k m mm m m mm m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m mm m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m

• Wow, life-changing and interesting!

I thought this was a wonderful book. It is captivating and sad. I found it had a sad ending but it talks about an important theme, racism. I will always remember this story and think about it. The messages that are sent to us are strong and we want to know what happens at the end of the story!

• It is relatable to everyday life situations.

To kill a mockingbird is definitely one of the best books. Not only does it summarize everyday life situations, it gives you advice. It sends powerful messages and themes. At first it's a little shaky in the enjoyment department, but as you read on it gets more and more enjoyable. It's a must read!

• Yes, this book is fantastic!

This books is not just a novel, it's an adventure that takes you to different sceneries through the eyes of a little girl. The characters are all very complicated and understandable, and the story is great because of these complex characters complimenting it. All in all, this book is definitely one of the best books of all time.

• To kill a mockingbird

This book was given to me as an assignment for English and I soon as I revived this book I judge the cover (I know how much of a cliche that sounds) thinking, "oh no...Another boring book to read. Ughh, what a drag." I was immediately proved wrong. This book shows you a world in the eyes of a little girl, scout, and all of the things that has happened during the great depression: racism, segregation, stereotyping, etc. As she goes through life she soon realizes the things that happen in her little town and learns right from wrong from her father Atticus. I recommend you read this book because this book is beautifully put together and well written. Do not hesitate.

• Yes. To Kill A Mockingbird is one of the best books of all time.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view .. Until you climb into his skin and walk around in it." This novel is my favorite. Atticus is the role model that everyone ought to aspire to be like, respectful, wise, ethical. Scout, Jem, Atticus, and Boo touched my heart. Harper Lee conveys a strong message through the novel, about innocence and evil.

• Book sucks This book suck.

This book suck.This book suck.This book suck.This book suck.This book suck.This book suck.This book suck.This book suck.This book suck.This book suck.This book suck.This book suck.This book suck.This book suck.This book suck.This book suck.This book suck.This book suck.This book suck.This book suck.This book suck.This book suck.This book suck.This book suck.This book suck.

• Worst book EVER!!!!!!

This book is dull, dry, and very inconsistent with the plot. The book goes from the kids trying to lure Boo Radley out of his house, to Atticus defending Tom Robinson. The book is poorly written, and should never have won the Pulitzer prize. The book is horrible and is a waste of time!

• Dull and irrelevant

Just finished to read it. Seemed a Disney book... No sorry, Disney's plots are actually kind of deeper.
    Smart, good guys vs bad, stupid villains. Where is the tension? Where is the moral dilemma?
    And the plain, dull way it was written... US have great, GREAT novelists, she is not one of them.

• If you have ever actually read the book you know it is garbage.

TKAM is an absolute mess of a book. From the get-go you are introduced to a incoherent, poorly delivered narrative. For almost the entire book you will be scratching your head and wondering "what the heck is going on?" it's poorly written, and the characters have very little personality or a speck of ANYTHING that you can relate to. The highest honor it should ever be given is fire kindling.

• The book was interesting

But to be call the best book of all times is a false advertisement. It was alright but i find a lot of pointless information. If Atticus is the hero because he defended Tom that should be the point of the story. That should be the climax. Tom wasnt even mentioned until 9, 10 chapters in! I honestly thought the story was going to be more about boo radley. They sure did give him a lot of attention. Then he totally dissapears until the last 2 chapters? It just seemed to have a lot of unnessessary stories.

• The Book is a Decent Read

To Kill a Mockingbird is a good book. It is also a commentary on society as it was at the time of the book's writing. Although much has changed about society since the book was written, it is important that students learn what happened in their social history. Those who do not learn from and change the past are condemned to repeat it.

• No, not one of the best books of all time.

It is a dull novel that is unable to hold my or my classmates' interest for very long. The characters are two dimensional, either good or bad. The African Americans are only seen as good people, and Harper Lee does not once mention a "bad" characteristic they may have, but the white people are mostly seen as racist traditionalists who refuse to change their ways and have few redeeming qualities, if any. The novel is wonderful when it comes to illustrating important themes such as corruption of innocence and the coexistence of good and evil, but overall it was quite poorly written and does not deserve the title of one of the best books of all time.

• Not the best of all time

Yes, it's a great book and all, but there are other works of literature beyond what can be taught in high school that could also be considered the "best." Not to mention, a "best book of all time" is extremely ambiguous. Oh, and as inspiring as it is, Atticus kind of sucks at being an attorney. He could have requested a change of venue to escape the racist judicial system, or he could have actually TALKED to his client before the trial so that no surprises would come up that would lead to the guilty verdict.

• Best book of all time? I don't think so.

To Kill a Mockingbird was a great book, don't get me wrong. But to say it is one of the best books of all time is an overstatement. There have been many other books released since that one, and they pretty much blow that particular book out of the water. I know this question will differ depending on who you ask, but to me, the answer is no.

• While a very good book, when you talk about "All time", it doesn't stand up.

While TKaM is a good read and was very culturally important at the time of it's printing, the way this question is worded (note: it says "books" not "works of fiction") it just doesn't meet the criteria. It's probably on of the top 50 works of fiction of the 20th century, but it can't compete with stuff like Shakespeare, the great mathematical and science books of the 1600's, and various ancient religious texts and epics.