• Find the right guy to torture

If an american, canadian, or brit is aggressively invading another country, or spying, then yes, they should be tortured. Should americans, canadians, or brits be torturing others? Absolutely not, because they have lost that right when they have proven themselves to be aggressive time and time again. The sad part is, it usually happens the other way around, and brits, americans, or canadians are the ones torturing people, when in fact, they should be the ones tortured for their crimes, and malicious intentions. Hey, maybe if the native americans tortured the white settlers, they would still have their land.

• In some case torture may be justified

Yes, I believe that sometimes torture is justified. If a person has information that may save innocent lives and chooses not to comply, then some physical motivation may be in order. I think that torture should be a last resort and should be executed carefully, but in some cases it is by any means necessary to attain information.

• YES. Torture NO!

Man!! This was confusing debate. Title "Is torture justified?" I'm going yes because yes is "no. Torture is not justified!! Lol"The only time anyone deserves torturing is if they hurt your family badly. I'm meaning rape, murder (the bad stuff!!!!!!!). When it comes to war, I dont agree with it. During war general members of the public are made pawns in a much bigger dispute! We are played like chess pieces on a board. We are fighting a political battle, and to be honest both sides are equally moral (from what they have been told). To truly ever have a reason to hurt someone it has to be personal and very deep! And thank goodness this doesn't happen to the majority of us!

Posted by: JER
  • Is using torture justified?

Do the ends justify the means? The ends are the result of an action or the means. The means are torture the end is whatever that torture yielded. We condemn terrorists and one of our arguments is that they torture their enemies or prisoners; if we torture our enemies or prisoners how are we any better than them? How can we claim to be better than them if we do exactly what they do. We may believe that our end is more noble than theirs, but the means that yielded that end are the exact same as the people we deem less noble.

• No It Is Not

I do not believe torture is justifiable. If you do a simple experiment by imaging yourself in another country, where you are captured by that country, and they want to torture you for information you may or may not have. Then you would find that you are against torture. So, no, you can not justify torture.

• No, it is inhumane.

No, torture is not justified, because it is unfair to torture a person for any reason. Not everyone that serves in a military does so voluntarily. It is unfair to subject a person to torture only to get information. The United States should comply with all rules regarding the humane treatment of people that are captured in warfare.

• No, torture does not work

The use of torture is wrong, and it is also ineffective.
    Captives who are being tortured will say anything to make the pain stop, as
    anyone would. They will make up stories, accuse their friends, and accuse their
    enemies. Nothing anyone says under torture is reliable, so torturers are using
    an evil means to no good end.

• Torture Gets Results Without Justification

While torture can be effective in getting answers from someone, there's no part of it that could be considered justifiable. In reality, torture is inhumane and terrible in many ways. No country should engage in torture in order to help itself. The same applies to individuals and groups in the world, too.

• Let us consider this...

If you are tortured by a government for them to get answers out of you, tell me how you would react. If there is no fair trial and no rights given to the accused, where are our liberties? Consider this, if the government wanted to get an answer out of you (one that they are looking for) by water boarding you 100 times, you would probably confess to whatever crime you are accused whether you did it or not.

JER says2013-09-26T10:30:37.237
The only time anyone deserves torturing is if they hurt your family badly. I'm meaning rape, murder (the bad stuff!!!!!!!). When it comes to war, I dont agree with "anonymouse." post. During war general members of the public are made pawns in a much bigger dispute! We are played like chess pieces on a board. We are fighting a political battle, and to be honest both sides are equally moral. To truly ever have a reason to hurt someone it has to be personal. And thank goodness this doesn't happen to the majority of us!
ladiesman says2015-02-01T23:51:56.960
It's hard to say. I've seen a few examples in movies where torturing someone succeeded in gaining crucial information, but I'm sure it doesn't work like that in reality.