Is transparency the best policy for national security in the United States?

• Yes, good idea

The world has the right to know what`s happening in the government, most governments know everything about us but we barely know about them.
    How can we trust the government if we don`t know what`s happening, they may be doing something that we may not agree on such as a corrupt act, our personal information and other types of information.
    Area 51 is a good example, no one can cross it, they must be hiding something.

• Current Practices Make Security Harder To Obtain

I believe that transparency is the best policy for national security in the United States. Our current policies include hiding massive spying programs, I feel like things like this just lead to distrust and eventually cause conflict. Secondly, you always have to be worried and cautious about people leaking this information. I find it far better to be honest, up front, and transparent.

• Openess Is The Best Policy

I believe that transparency is the best policy for national security in the United States. If a government is not transparent to its citizens then it runs the risk of losing support from its people. If people are unhappy they run the risk of revolting, something the United States government should be worried about.

• Yes, good idea

• I really don’t think that transparency can ever be the best policy for national security in the United States of America in the modern world.

I really don’t think that transparency can ever be the best
    policy for national security in the United States of America in the modern
    world. There is too much going on
    nowadays. The American people don’t need
    to know about every little thing that happens on the world stage. Some things need to be secret.

• Transparency is clearly a bad idea.

No, I don't think that transparency is the best overall policy for national security in the United States. We have some secrets that we need to protect, first of all. And can you imagine the effect on national morale if the NSA or whoever were required to list every single terrorist attempt on the United States? I don't think we'd take it very well.

• It is not.

Transparency is not the best policy for national security in the United States of America. This is because if you know what they are looking for, then it would make it easier to avoid being detected. It is much safer if the United States keeps these types of thing a secret.