• Yes, it is.

As long as someone finds art in it, than yes it is an art form. While we may just see a simple TV used to entertain us, or watch our nightly shows, others may see so much more. It could added and used in a large variety of ways, I am sure, so yes it can be an art form.

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

If someone sees TV as an art form, then that makes it one. Each individual gets to make that choice for themselves. If we allow someone else to make that choice for us, then we will never get to experience art for ourselves. TV is art if you see it that way.

• Paintings are not the only art.

Not every piece of paper with paint on it is art. The same thing applies to television: not every show ever made is a piece of art, but there is art out there on television. We need to encourage more artistic show to create a demand for even more of these kinds of shows.

• No, it is not.

I feel like this question was worded a little weird. Is TV itself an art form? No, I do not believe so. However, actors, actresses, and TV shows are an art form. It is creativity at work, it is how people put their wildest dreams out there and bring it to life.