• Definitely, Highly, Corrupt

I work in the school system and I know for a fact that it is so political. If you know someone then you will get a job if you have never subbed in your life. I seen a person without a teaching degree get hired over people with a teaching degree. The person had a Bachelors but not in teaching. In small towns especially, all the power and money in the county is connected to the school. It is insane, that good teachers can't get full time jobs because the jobs are given to others not even qualified.

• School is shit

No argument needed. We wont ever use algebra again. Or History about fucking Poland. I know how to speak correct english, and I dont care what makes up the parts of a flower. I dont care and neither does anybody else in the world. All for what. Nothing. With the career I want, I dont need to know anything you learn in school

• Yes it is

I am in school myself and the punishments are either way to extreme or not handled at all
    About 4 months ago, an older boy touched me in an innapropriate spot. My first thoughts were i shouldn't tell anyone cause they won't do anything, but I ended up telling the counselor during our weekly meetings because of stress and he got 3 days of in school suspension. Not even a week ago a girl accidentally popped an inflatable chair and got equal amount of punishment. For me school isn't safe
    We get hours of homework each night. I stay up until around 11:30 doing homework and go to school the next morning and I'm falling asleep in class I get sent to the office. But it's not cause I went to a party it's cause I was being responsible.
    About a week ago my best friend had a bad seizure during class, they said it was due to, to much energy drinks and coffee. She drinks those to stay up for homework and to not fall asleep during class.
    I know that it's healthy to exercise and I don't complain when I run laps in gym I don't talk back during games, I play. But on the one week that I'm on my period that

• Teachers are not paid and companies bought it out

The head of school districts has all the power to decide what to pay themselves, while the teacher gets merely nothing. Many teachers end up being miserable at their jobs because of this, they are people and many have families they need to support. The head(s) of the school districts have all the power to line their pockets with taxpayer money and it happens often, such as the case in Louisiana at the beginning of the year. Someone posted to cut teacher pay, because they teach bad, although they are forced to. Some districts get picky as to where to write the date on their board. Teachers who have experienced, since no one on the board really ever does, and are in no control. This legit happened at my school, the school wanted to buy the new Pearson textbooks that have wrong information and explain things horribly and almost every teacher objected. One morning I came to my history class and the teacher told us about how they took the textbooks out of his bookshelf and put the new, horrible, ones in. He explained that we have to use these. My ELA teacher has the switch previously although she never uses the book, and neither does the history teacher.
    Then the issue of the "Standardized testing to textbook profit loop". The three major education companies, Pearson, Mcgraw, and McMillin, lobbied for high stakes testing for schools and students. These tests are built to fail. The better schools get more money while the "worst" school get robbed. After the students fail the test(which I have run across impossible questions many times per standardized test), the companies pay for the head of school districts for money, McMillin involved in a scandal with a superintendent for 2billion dollars or vacations, and then ask the officials to buy their latest textbook, and it happens every year for these schools. Seriously read their financial reports, some even flat-out stating how they plan to make money of testing and selling textbooks to those who do not do well. They lobbied for policies so the education system made money for them, and it is not a democrat or republican problem, it's an everyone problem. Obama and Reagan may disagree on almost everything, but not for the profit of these companies via our tax dollars.
    I have ran into bad teachers, but its not the majorities fault.

• Name one incentive to going through 13 years of school just so you can go to another school and end up with mediocre job.

Almost nothing needs to be applied after 6th grade, and what does need to be applied is taught poorly (e.G. Health). The only reason we need schools like that are high-trust jobs like doctors and forensic scientists. One big problem is that our taxes are too low. Denmark is smart; they bribe students to go for a further education. Unfortunately, America is in massive debt because people hate taxes. Notice how schools are trying to squeeze money out of everyone? Everything sold by schools is overpriced. Teachers are always complaining about being underpaid. Why? Because our taxes are too low.

• Standardized Testing Is Corrupting Education

We live in an age where schools, especially colleges, just want to get as many people that make them look prestigious as they can. These measures are taken with standardized tests like the SAT, where they measure how much you know the day you take it, rather than what you are capable of.

• I Was a Public School Student

No way to weed out bad teachers. Majority should not even be around kids to begin with. Most are poorly educated and have no mental capacity to teach a room full of kids all at once. Public education has a herd mentality, one size does not fit all but they try to shove all of us into the same glove anyway. You'd think if something isn't working it is time to stop, but public education only makes it worse instead. Also, there's no way to reform public education. It is running exactly how it was created to run. Stop trying to change it and instead stand up against it. The public education system is poisoning family relationships, childhoods and dismantling the family unit. It is toxic to the family, the environment and the community.

• I Was a Public School Student

• The US education system is corrupt at all age levels

From Kindergarten to even after college the system is corrupt. From elementary school teachers straight up stealing from their student's desks, to paying student loans until the day you die.
    Students (especially in High school) can't pass with a good grade unless they dedicate their whole day to school. Most teachers expect 5 minutes of studying a day along with the 1 and a half of homework they give. And that's every teacher. So when a student has 5-8 classes a day, they have no time for socializing (an important part of being human seeing as we're a social species), extracurricular activities (that being sports and other after school activities which are also important for the physical and mental health of a student), or jobs (which some students need to support their families).
    When a student has no time in their day it also effects their mental and physical health. Stress (a common problem with students)

• This is obvious... OF COURSE NOT!

God gave us the ability to learn so that we could expand the depths of our being. Ironically, school in the U.S. contrarily stifles growth, and instead promotes echos of basic thought. School turns a national population of independent thinkers into selfish robots chasing after money and power. Education should enlighten and advance growth and independence. Yet instead, school has become not only a physical prison, but a prison of thought. I'M SO TIRED OF BEING JUST ANOTHER NUMBER IN THIS DUMB SYSTEM. WE WERE NOT MEANT TO LIVE LIKE THIS. We have become animals behind cages in a zoo. The government is sitting back eating their popcorn as they watch us suffer behind bars that were not meant to confine us. LETS BREAK THROUGH THE CHAINS AND LIVE THE LIVES THAT WE WERE MEANT TO LIVE. IM TIRED OF THIS CONFINEMENT, AND IF NO ONE WILL STAND BY ME, THEN I WILL DO THIS ALONE.

• I say yes! No one likes our education system

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes