• I say yes

I'm a high school senior I was actually doing research for a term paper when I found this, but in my four years of experience I really do believe that it is needed. For example my junior year I had a beautiful girl to care about but she wasn't allowed to go out and do anything so long story short her sophomore year when her parents loosened up on her she decided to go buck wild and then found a new face and started taking loads from him every day after school, basically if we don't experience things and then we finally get to we don't know how to do it responsibly we party in excess because we never got to and now we can so why not go wild? I drink every day 4-5 beers at least. I make A-B g rades and when I leave school I work for my beer and cig money I live with incredible stress every day(personal reasons) so if I'm gunna work my butt off I'm gunna drink. But I believe parents should be more open about certain things because first off, when I'm a parent in 20 some odd years that wont change the fact that I drank and partied like everyone does it. I just see it as you give them opportunities to be responsible around you as the parent you can have more restful nights when you know your teens a out having sex drinking smoking ect.. I believe that if my exes parents would've let her see me and hang out, she wouldn't of turned into as big of a whore and late night partier like she did and shes 15 wake up parents severe behavior like this can be potentially stopped we are kids we need to experience these things and we might end up not liking them as much if grips were loosened on todays teens.

• Drinking is something that most all try and is okay in moderation

Like most other substances alcohol can be very dangerous especially in young teens. (I am a teen 15 years of age) It ban be dangerous in the sense that doing it one or twice can easy escalate to every day or every weekend. As a teen drinking that much could lead you down a long path of alcoholism. I cannot in any way speak for all teenagers but Is can speak for myself in that peer pressure is not a big thing to me most my decisions are solely my decisions and other people have little influence on me. That being said I can state that I have self-control and don't get drunk often. I am capable of limiting myself and making sure I'm not harming myself. By being responsible for it and knowing what to stay away from like driving or being in a car with other drunks. Or doing anything outside of an environment well known to the particular person. I Know that there are meany teens who need help and alcohol take over their lives but I feel that being mature about it and understanding that you have self-control over yourself can make drinking a fun experience every once and a while. Also drinking at a younger age can prepare you for college or 21 years of age where you could easily goo far beyond your limit and hurt yourself bad. It is better to make a mistake while young with time to grow than to make a mistake later in life that could affect you in tremendous ways.

• Teen drinking can be okay.

I am a teenager, who has just turned 17. I personally have had to much to drink at certain times which I can say was and is pretty dangerous, but in saying that I have ,learnt to watch and control the amount of alcohol I have, so I don't experience memory loss or hangovers. Out of the many, many times I've had alcohol, only two times I've had too much and both of those times were a while ago. But when I think about it, if I had have waited until I was of age to drink, It would be a problem seeing as I would be looking or already being in full-time work, which could be a problem because I wouldn't be able to control my drinking effectively and might start being late or not showing up because of feeling too sick or being passed out somewhere. So all in all I believe that from an appropriate age (like 16) teens should be able to experiment with alcohol so they can figure out what they can and can't have.

• It's fine ok!!?

It fine to drink cause when you drink you drink and whenever u drink people will drink and then when you drink you are happy and when you're happy ur mentally healthy and when your mentally healthy other people are happy and when other people are happy they are mentally happy

• It's fine ok!!?

• Of coarse its ok

I know a lot of underage drinkers and I can tell you now they are all pushing along just fine with their lives. I believe that you are naive to think that underage people aren't curious and stupid to think that a few nights here and there having a few too many will cause any long term damage, especially after they turn 16.

• Let kids be kids

As long as they aren't drinking an extreme amount, they're just kids having fun. And the drinking age in the United States is abort ally high anyways. For the most part it's just kids having fun. As long as it's in moderation and they know to not drink or drive or anything, there's hardly any harm done.

• All of you are adults and look it at a stutistics sort of way...

Well to start off I'm a teenager and me and my parents have this argument all the time. They don't like it clearly cause there adults and I'm a child and to them it's agents the law and your loosing brain cells.. Maybe so but those are my brain cells buddy. Also why can't I drink if all my friends are and so I'm left sad at home reading people's snapchats like a looser cause my parents wont let me go out,get piss drunk and make a few memory's. Also did you now these friends I talk about drink and still maintain a B-A avarege,so that's sowing that you can still be smart but also drink. Plus there are literally parents out there giving there child liquor. And you now what,it's okay to go out and drink like maybe every second weekend to a party with a few friends and one is baby sitting and after you puke or its like 4am and you and people are leaving then you go. But when people go out and die from liquor poisoning and get in fights and drink every weekend that's where maybe those people should lay back a bit on the liquor. In the long run tho I do think it's okay for teens to drink, I mean everyone does it.

• It is okay

I think it should be alright for under aged teens to drink. Maybe not liters at a time but sips from their parents just to have a try. I always had tiny bits of my parents' alcohol when they were drinking. It doesn't really do much harm, it's just when teenagers go outside and chug beer and take drugs when bad things happen.

• With the permission and supervision of a legal parent or guardian, I believe underage drinking is okay.

If you have a responsible parent or guardian who is allowing you to have a bit of alcohol under their watch, I think it's fine. If parents allow their teenagers to have a drink or two at home, they won't be inclined to sneak around and drink behind their parent's back and therefore no harm will be caused in the end.

• I say yes

• Its not okay

Because why would you want to harm yourself by drinking and all sorts of things can happen when you are drunk you never know what you get up to because you see things differentially and harder you are effecting but if you want to do no one can stop you

• It's really not okay

The question is stated in such a way to suggest there may be a situation where it would be okay and in truth there probably is but it would be an exception and not one which would change the overall conclusion college age and younger children should not be consuming alcoholic drinks. Making it legal won't change this kids lack the maturity to handle alcohol responsibly.

• It's Against the Law

In the US, you can't legally drink until you're 21, but I know plenty of people who drink anyway. Even kids at my church don't care that it's illegal. Your brain hasn't finished developing and it's easier for teenagers to become addicted to alcohol. If you start drinking before 15, you're 77% more likely to become an alcoholic. Teenagers drink to get drunk anyway. What's appealing about being out of control and having a brutal hangover afterwards? Not every law is the best, but I think this one shouldn't be changed.

• It can harm others, and yourself

I say no, personally i do not like alcohol, because someone in my family was al alcoholic and i do not want to become like that, he had been drinking since 16. It hurt him and myself, it can hurt you because your body is not ready, or it is not fully developed, now you are probably thinking at 18 your body is fully developed, some studies show that it can harm some teens, i personally thing eight teen is still a teenager seeing as it still says teen in it. This is my opinion.

• Underage drinking is a horrible habbit

I think it's disgusting when underage children drink. As a minor, people do not understand the long term consequences. As the years go by many more underage children are starting to drink at such a young age. Parents and society are also to blame for this habit that has been introduced as a normal everyday thing.

• They're too young.

I do not think its okay, because drinking too soon can affect your life in school (not including college or university) and your family. I think, just like Canada, it would be okay if the legal age is dropped to 19, because it is when you have matured and your parents are no longer responsible for you.

• Underage drinking just shows how irresponsible you are!

Underage drinking is against the law unless you are in you're household with the accompany of parents, I just think that is wrong! No drinking should be allowed at all. I hate when people get fall down drunk, it is horrible, no one should want to feel like that, if they do, girl you got problems! No adults should drink either let alone teens!

• In Certain Situations.....

I think that it is alright for someone to drink underage if it is a very small amount and if it is supervised by responsible adults. I would like to emphasise the word responsible in the previous sentence, if drinking occurs under the supervision of a dim-witted, no-good and downright insolent and irresponsible adult, then it is not alright. Also if the underage drinking occurs frequently then it should be stopped.

• In Certain Situations.....