• Overly commercialized and utterly pointless

If you're gonna believe in the cliche that Vday is a day set aside for the spirit of love, then what about the cliche that everyday should be Vdae instead of just one day? It makes my blood boil. Go to a market/supermarket and even in there the day-to-day flowers are more expensive. Coincidence? Come on people, think.

• I don't celebrate Valentines day

I think its a waste of time celebrating Valentines day. Valentiens day is overrated. Spending a lot of money for a present to show someone u. Love them is a waste of money. To me they are trying to buy your affection. U don't need a special day to show son one someone u care about. U should someone that is special to u that u love them all the time .

• It is very stupid!!!!

I've given valentine's gifts in the past to girls and it never went any where, I always felt stupid doing it. No more will I do it again, I'm working on a lady now to give me a chance to just date and be friends and I sure will not mess it up with Valentine's day! I will never celebrate that day ever!!!!

• Dumb dumb dumb

Zggghhd jjcjcjjj j j j j j j h g ffg hhj k j j j j j j d d d f f f f f f f f f f df f f df f f f f f f f f f. G g g gggfff f. F f f f f g g g dumb

• Dumb dumb dumb

• Valentine's Day sucks

What is with all the chocolate and roses. If you know the TRUE reason of Valentine's Day is history of The Catholic Church recognizes at least three different saints named Valentine or Valentinus, all of whom were martyred. One legend contends that Valentine was a priest who served during the third century in Rome. When Emperor Claudius II decided that single men made better soldiers than those with wives and families, he outlawed marriage for young men. Valentine, realizing the injustice of the decree, defied Claudius and continued to perform marriages for young lovers in secret. When Valentine’s actions were discovered, Claudius ordered that he be put to death.

• Yes, Valentine's Day is a stupid holiday

There is no reason to set aside a special day to honor romantic relationships. If a romantic relationship is healthy and loving, every day is Valentine's Day. The only people who profit from Valentine's Day are flower sellers and chocolate manufacturers. Having a special holiday set aside is just another example of rampant consumerism. It leads to disappointment and stress if one partner forgets, and overspending in order to convince the other partner that the relationship is important. It's stupid to put that extra added pressure on either partner. Love should not have to be proven at a given time or on a given day; it should be implicit in everyday words and actions.

• Very Pointless Holiday

In my opinion Valentine's Day has gained popularity through its commercialization. This has led people to spend money on things they truly do not need. In fact one could argue that it has been upheld simply to keep the economy up over the winter months. In essence, that makes the holiday pretty pointless in my opinion.

• No, Valentine 's Day is not a stupid holiday.

I think it is great we have a day set aside to celebrate the spirit of love. Love is a powerful and great thing in life. We should observe it in all forms whether it is the love for a partner, friend, pet, or family member and spend sometime with them.

• Not Stupid, Just Overrated

Valentine's Day isn't a stupid holiday, it's just overrated. The success or failure of Valentine's Day is a myth perpetuated by contemporary consumer-based industries such as florists, chocolatiers and card makers. For a couple to have a make-or-break moment on Feb. 14 is pure folly. Everyday should be Valentine's Day for couples in love.

• Show your love

No, Valentines day is not a stupid holiday. It is a day where everyone can share their feelings for someone that they truly care about, and to give a gift to show that person how he or she really feels towards them. It is a day for expressing your love.