• Real as can be

Scientists have shown that anything can be addicting in fact typing can be addicting
    In fact,My step mom is addicted to a game called hay day
    My brother is addicted to a game called star wars commander. The rest is fill up. H h h h h h h h

Posted by: 5r
  • Video games are addicting!!!!

Video games are addicting because sometimes, we have nothing to do during the day. So, you buy a gaming console. You play the game, more, and more, and more...
    Until it becomes an addiction. I think that video games are over rated, and are stupid. But that's my opinion.

• Some are unable to pull themselves away from games

Yes, video games can be an addiction. Just like someone can be addicted to alcohol and drugs because they fulfill a need, the video game may fulfill a need in the individual. A person may be addicted to being able to live a certain life through the game. Some people are addicted to substances and shopping, I don't see why video games could be any different.

• Yes, it's completely real.

It's the same as any other addiction. It lets you feel a certain way and thus can become addictive.
    There have even been multiple cases of genuine addiction, the most serious of which have lead people to the extremes of selling organs or children, or locking themselves in a room to avoid the 'real world'. Which show remarkable similarities to the actions of class A drug addicts or alcoholics.

• It is not only the video game that need to be seen as addictive

We love to play many thing, playing is addictive. Video game is the cheapest & save way to give a bit of taste of the real thing. Some may prefer hunting game ( real animal for food ), if they test shooting a deer in video game, they would say it is not even close.

1 game is not addictive enough to be concerned because we'll get bored of it, unlike drugs or caffeine that needs to be pumped inside every now and then.