• VW is better

Volkswagen is made by the most precious engineers who actually know what they are doing.... Not buy some Asians who use cheap parts... They have the most reliable engines and if you get a tdi you get the most mpg.. Besides honda drivers just rice their cars which makes Honda look bad and the Honda drivers rice the hondas cause they want to feel cool...

• VW makes better cars

VW offers better power train options the Honda. My diesel Jetta get 59 MPG on the highway and about 50 in the city. No Honda that is fun to drive can even come close to matching that. Also the interiors in all VW car are far better then any Honda interiors.

• Volkswagen is a superior car

Volkswagen's are better cars and Hondas. Volkswagen's are made of better crafted parts And the engineers are much more skilled. Volkswagen's you designed to drive on the Autobahn. Hondas are made of cheap parts and assembled in Mexico for less than American wages. There is no parking lot in front of the Honda factory in Mexico.

• Once you've gone Japanese you won't go back

I've owned both Vw's and Hondas. My experiance of owning a Vw was the poorest time of my life, constant issues and breakdowns, bleeding my resources dry because of expensive repairs and maintenance, plus Vw owners tend to be a clicky bunch. Go to a Vw show, you will see what I mean. Snobs!
    My experiance of owning a Honda has gone relatively smoothly with only minor problems arising which I could fix myself. More economy and reliability. Friendly bunch at jap shows. Do yourself a favour and drop the German motors and try a Honda. You'll not want for anything else.

• Honda is better at least in the 90s.

In the 90s VW rigged the emissions test and all the TDI diesels were horrible on emissions. The Hondas in the nineties are all super cheap, and fuel efficient. The parts are cheaper and they probably aren't made in Mexico. Vw in America are made in mexico. They're probably better over in Europe.

• VW are useless

Honda the most reliable car make is not only more affordable but they are cheaper to run. Owning a Honda for 12 years , i decided to get an upgrade and bought a touran.
    It is the worst car ever!
    The fuel is drained too quickly its too slow and worst of all the breakdowns on engine and suspension are unimaginable.
    I've switched back to a civic tourer which eats the VW tourer.

• Honda is better, but both are good.

Both Volkswagen and Honda are great cars, and both run well and last a long time, but Honda is more stylish and comfortable. Honda has more variety and some smaller cars that get better mpg. Honda also has more features aimed at comfort and style, but both are great cars that last a long time.