• Volunteering doesn't put food on the table.

Young people are hammered with the notion that volunteerism can lead them to the ever-elusive career. This is not so. Volunteering is best for those who are financially secure and stable in their careers. I only volunteer if it entertains me and is enjoyable. Oddly, I heavily volunteered for 5 years with the same organization holding rigid to that value. Many of today's volunteer "opportunities" now read like a job application Volunteers can find themselves being bullied into fund-raising no matter what their original intentions were. Unfortunately, the vast majority of volunteer "opportunities" simply prey on the charitable intentions of individuals; using and abusing them through guilt. Interestingly, the less taxes they pay and the more wealthy the upper class becomes, the greater the level of volunteerism is demonstrated by regular citizens. In essence, volunteerism is compensating for and subsidizing the rich by placing the country's increasing social burdens and needs on the backs of poor volunteers.

• It's lie corporate lie

Volunteering is just a way for wealthy business (yes charities are businesses) owners to get away with unpaid labour whilst creating the illusion of helping people in need.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . .

• There are other ways of making things better

It's sound nice to do something for someone in need, but it really can't stay forever the same. It's not effective and politics can be the real solution for some problems. There are cancer causing things legal in the world and it could be avoided by doing better politics just for the love of the people.

Volunteering gives you opportunity to proof yourself, but by the time it won't work if the problems expands.

I know world is hard and every single day is a matter of improvement or disimprovement. But don't we all thing that it's time for real actions and we could take it for real and tackle problems once and for all?!

• Volunteering give you shit

• HELLO!FSAJIHANIOFHASIOFISAOFHIAOSFHIOSAHIOFA fas fasf

I hate you but i like volunteed ,my childwood dream is to kill guys like durao. I DONT KNOW HOW TO TALK TO U BECAUSE I WANT TO KILL DURAO BUT I DONT KNOW HOW SO YOU ARE GOING TO TELL ME A REASON THAT I DONT KILL HIM BECAUSE HE IS ANOWING

• Definitely no waste of my time!

Volunteering is not a waste of time at all!!! It helps others and that's all that's important. I think anyone could spare a short- at least- 20 minutes to help someone gain a home back, or even just have something to drink. Maybe they're in need of toiletries; spend 5 minutes or less gathering an unused shampoo bottle and bar of soap. Whatever it is, there's something easy enough for anyone to do.

• Not wasting time

Because volunteering a b c d e f g h I j k l m n o p q r s t u v w X y z now you know my abc next time would u sing with me? :) I'm more than happy if you could sing with me.

• I dont agree at all you fool!

Jeez! Dont know why im typing this im honestly just some drunk 17 year old living in canada right now bored doing homework on my laptop so like im just wasteing tiiiiiimmmmeee hahahha ! Yup. Supporting arugment is jam on ice with a rug uneath the controllers cat tail ! You betcha ya!

• Volunteering helps you combat depression

If you are socially isolated, then you may already be too stressed or depressed. Volunteering can help you meet new people and combat stress and depression. You will boost your self-confidence and feel good about yourself. Helping others will bring happiness in your life. Volunteering can help you get physically healthy and active too.

• Not only that but...

...We should make people on welfare do volunteer work. That way they are working for their pay and can't trot out the excuse of "no one is hiring me" since getting volunteer work is easy. No volunteer work, no welfare. If the person has a disability then exceptions should be made, but other than that no volunteer work, no welfare.

• Volunteering is not a waste of time.

Volunteering is a time that one show what he or she is capable of doing asside his or her normal working hours or inside his or her working periods.
    To start with, one can show this by helping his or her co-mates at work intimes they are seeking an extra hand,May you are off from work and a friend yours needs your help by helping him or her to finish their days work.
    To end with, one can also show his or her volunteering to his or her society were he or she is living. Therefore volunteering is not a waste of time and i strongly disagree with that.

• Volunteering provides opportunities to give back to the community

Volunteering provides the opportunity for you to serve others, and provide others with things you have been blessed with. Volunteering to me brings a sense of fulfillment in the fact that I helped somebody out and made their life better. You don't volunteer for the money, you volunteer to give back to the community

• It helps people

Should would never have been able to get done. Volunteering also put smiles on children's faces. I know that should silly but without volunteering what happened to the people who go in children hospitals and nursing homes, they don't happen and those people lose some of their happiness that is needed in their life because they are struggling and happiness helps them get their mind off of that,

• Certainly not a waste of time

Volunteering comes in all shapes and sizes. We volunteer by reaching out to older neighbors, by coaching our children's' local soccer team, by carpooling our kids to school, by working in the school canteen, by helping to supervise a school field trip, by giving our time to charity shops. All of these activities are essential for our societies to function.