• War is necessary for humanity to progress.

War is necessary for humanity to evolve and progress in this world we live in today.

The problem is war cannot be "Stopped" unless you wipe out the whole country then this also created war because you have just successfully wiped out a entire country!
    Plus without war we most likely would not have anything that we have today without the lessons that we have learnt thought the bloodshed of WAR. An example is that without the UN there may be nothing to wage war against?

We don't know what life would be like without the lessons that we have learnt from war, it could be a perfect life or a life of slavery we literally don' know.

• Ensures human progress

Most of the wonderful things we have nowadays were all funded by governments during war time from jet engines and rockets to the Internet. Another is that it ensures humanity to progress, imagine a world without WWII or WWIII progress would be slow..Women may or may not after a long time become equal to men, blacks may or may not be treated as equal but it would if they did happen take much longer than they did. All the things we enjoy now which come to as a result of WWII never happen, so no Internet, no computer, no cell phones...Well you get the point.

• Human nature dictates hippies smoke too much green

I believe all of humanity will think like an Ivy League Greco-Roman spoiled millennial with constant internet connections. Therefore self exploration and deviant behavior will become the world wide norm as population levels plummet in developed nations.

HA! Religious fundamentalists who like violence have more kids than anyone and whether or not they starve or have nonstop wars their populations always go up. Enjoy Pax Americana while it lasts, there are only so many Mexicans who will fight in the US Army because it might cause Gen Y to suffer human rights violations to actually do something besides support EU laws on twitter.

• War is necessary for obtaining more resources

The question you have asked in the title makes no sense: 'Is war necessary?' War is not necessary in the abstract sense, because such a concept is meaningless. War is necessary or not necessary for some end purpose. War is necessary for obtaining more resources from someone else quickly, or for vanquishing people you don't like, etc. War is not necessary for making friends with others or for deciding where to go for lunch. The answer of 'yes' or 'no' all depends on the end purpose. As a result, I say the question itself is meaningless, and noone can give a proper response.

• War is necessary for the survival of the human race.

I will give a short argument as I'm supposed to be asleep.

War is the necessity that drives the human race away from the threat of extinction. Look at the situation of today, Europe is dying. Swedes, English, Germans, French, soon there won't be any. Why? Because 1. The influx of immigrants and 2. Liberalism.
    Liberalism is the poison of states. It argues that all can be together as one group, humans, however this would only result in the collapse of the state. For example, if the English do not start repopulating, than the Muslim immigrants will take control, and there will be no such thing as England any more. This was almost the case when Hitler came to power, but with brutal efficiency he stemmed the cause of Germany's death. He gave loans to people who would have children, and soon enough Germany had escaped the danger of being overtaken by foreign races, and not been called Germany anymore.

How does war fit in? War prevents cultures who are incompatible from mixing. The Muslims in Europe for example. They are incompatible with the Europeans, and they are ready to fight to the death in a bloody war to win their freedom to live. The Europeans aren't, and hence the necessity of war is proven, in that it gives the opportunity for a culture to display dominance over another, and ensure its prosperity.

Therefore war is necessary.

• Resolution Arises from Conflict

It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war." - John F. Kennedy
    The above is truly an unfortunate fact but a fact nevertheless. The greatest of resolutions have arisen from conflict. The French revolution, the UN, the formation of the United States of America have all arisen out of conflicts and wars.
    Mankind is a aggressive race, and conflicts naturally arise due the fact that all of us have an opinion. Opinion leads to conflict, conflict to war, and war to resolution. Through resolution we come upon new organisations, new laws, and new technologies. War is necessary simply because it captures the essence of human quality. And through its necessity we progress and prosper.

• War is neccesary in certain situations

I agreed with Mr. Zebramzee on his assesment on the question "War is necessary or not necessary for some end purpose" Well,I believe that in a Rational world,war shouldn't even exist in resolving our differences in theoritical arguments.In a rational world our leaders would be mature enough to resolve matters with disscusions and diplomacy.But since we live in no such world,war is necessary,for example when there are scarce resources people will go to war for those resources,people or humans are emotional beings and war and conflict seem to be inscribed in them.War as well can be used as a means of defence as well that would fit the definiton of is War necessary.Thank you

• War can be beneficial

War is a continuation of politics to extreme means; the question presented here, is war necessary?, takes the assumption that the interaction of man-to-man would always be conflict-free. Then, with that assumption in mind, I still believe that war is necessary. In order for technology to improve, government spend loads of money on things that could be used, during the post-war epoch, for civil purposes. Nuclear power is an example. The car is another example.

• War is ultimately necessary. It is an obvious fact of life even dating back to biblical times.

Ever since the beginning of time people have been feeling the need for more, and to do so, they would fight and claim other land, people, and resources, for themselves. Now, after all the land has been taken, and we found that trading resources is more prosperous, we fight to solve our disagreements. It seems that coming to a diplomatic decision is a rare chance. Not only that if another country were to attack us we need to defend ourseves, or else we will be looking back to the past, and i'm not talking about the good ole days.

• War is necessary

Its necessary because some people don't learn the easy was so they have to learn the hard way. And usually when war is over, the people who started the war or were involved with the war understand why they got into a war and they usually don't have another war about the same reason.

• War is not necesary

For thousand of years religion, fear, intolerance, and other things have caused unnecesarry wars to start. The excuse, i am starting a war with them because i don't want them to start a war with us is a ridiculous excuse. The simple truth is that when wars start it is the decion of the president and the government. Whether you support the war or not does not matter, the person who starts the war is who should be fought, not the thousands of inocent people who get in the way of soldiers

• Because God likes peace not war

Because God likes peace not war.God is awesome, and therefore we should be too. But if we fight wars, that is against His law, he wants peace. You should read the Bible, and then you will fins all the answers to all of you questions, and you will be happy.

• Only if there is truly evil that must be stopped

Wars must not be caused simply by differences and disagreements. One must cause evil, like that of Hitler, Stalin, and all the other dictators of our history, to necessarily start a war. If there was an efficient, accurate device that we could use to know people were speaking the truth, feeling what they feel (not liking it, I mean like how you feel someone's intense glare directed towards you), then maybe we would either try to make peace or simply capture and execute them, the ones who are genuinely responsible for evil-not the innocent citizens of that country as well. Having a heartless person as your leader does not make all of the citizens like him/her. Do you think everyone in this country supports Obama? No. Or all Germans supported Hitler? Or all Russians supported Stalin? No. There have been rebels in every country, or should I say wannabe rebels or just citizens who disagree with their leader. As well. There wil always be likers, haters, and lovers. That is how life is.

But if you can hear me, America, I ESPECIALLY ask you to not hurt the citizens. It is the government that has done wrong, not the citizens. And if you believe that the people approved of what Hitler did because they voted for him, you're wrong. We are lied to-we hear what we want to hear so they can deceive us into trusting them-and we do not always use lie detectors (we should). You know people can be expert liars.

• War is absolutely FRUITLESS!

It sucks, it wastes valuable human lives, it destroys families forever, it wastes resources, it brings guilt, except for the government... It does absolutely nothing, i wish it would stop bcuz its really bad for the world and all of the entire human race and i hate america most of all

• Peace not war

No, we neeeeeed peace across the world HEAL THE WORLD. We need people helping each other not killing each other. Were just wasting the precious lives of human beings. Were also wasting a lot of resources. Lots of amilys are destroyed JUSR STOP THE WAR PLZZ make it rain plz

• Too Much Pain

Military families from all around are silently and non silently grieving the deaths of friends and family. Wherever they are from, the pain of losing a close one still stings just as much. The death counts are tremendous and ever growing. The death cont is to much to bear for all.

• I want that

I want his land his wife his son his daughter I want what he's got is why war starts. If everyone could just be ok with what they have and share there gifts with people who don't there would be no war. I'm 16 years old and I know that there's not one man that comes back after killing people and watching his friends die just come out and say I love war. No who cares if they have a different religion then you let make there own choices. And if they don't believe in freedom lead by example don't shoot some of them or blow them up because we all no that's not how people agree with you. Ow look you shot my brother well i guess you where right all along.

• To many people die

People do not want there lives taken because other people want there land. People should really stop war and have world peace. I would never want to go in a war because my county told me to. I would intently move and If you want to live stop war making war.

• To many people die

• War causes suffering to innocent citizens.

I do not believe persecuting innocent soldiers who are scared and frightened will save locals and families. YOU are killing them, they are the locals. Would you like it if you had been forced to fight and then were slowly traumatized and killed barbarically? The only way to save a nation is to get to the heart of the problem. Go to the top. Reason with the person who started it all, they obviously have mental health problems, maybe something happened in their life time which has caused them to act with brutality. If it is not a option to save their souls and heal them then kill them as humanly and quickly as possible. Educate the locals, help those who have suffered. AND WALLAH you have saved a society.

BlackOpal97 says2015-06-27T10:44:58.610
If our nation is fighting to survive an attack by another nation
BlackOpal97 says2015-06-27T10:45:40.997
I mean your