• Water is wet

First off, if you say water is not wet....Seek help. You can not possibly say that when something submerged in water only becomes wet when it reaches air. If something is wet, the molecules in water makes it wet... Meaning that water is already wet in itself. How can water make something wet if anything isn't wet itself? Make it make sense. Water is wet

• According to Webster's Dictionary...

Wet: Adjective.
    1. A: consisting of, containing, covered with, or soaked with liquid (such as water)
    Let's look at the important part: "consisting of." Need I say more? By definition, water is wet. This shouldn't even be an argument.

(Just so you know this is real, and not a faked definition: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/wet?src=search-dict-hed)

• Water is wet

I want to start this off by asking why is this all of a sudden a thing? Second off, the opposite of wet is dry, correct? You wouldn't say that water is dry because that's just ridiculous. Another thing is the argument that by being submerged in water you are not wet is absolutely preposterous. If I get into a pool with clothes on then my body and clothes are saturated with water, as with anything in water. You can't say that something is only wet whenever it comes into contact with air. That just makes 0 sense to me, but what do I know.

• Water is wet

Water can't be dry, water is simply wet. Let me ask you this question? When you touch water what does it feel like? It's wet not dry because the h2o molecules are polar and go through a dehydration synthesis so there fore the water had to bet for the process.

• Water is wet

Water consists of multiple H2O molecules and those H2O molecules are surrounded by more H2O molecules, and to perceive something is wet is to feel the H2O molecules and water consists of H2O molecules so there fore water is wet. Let me ask you a question.... Is fire hot? Is ice cold? The answer is yes, these words, hot wet and cold are all used to describe something. We are describing water wet because we can feel the H2O molecules in it, because it consists only of H2O molecules traditionally. Believe it or not even chemistry is on my side.

• Water is wet

Water molecules are surrounding other water molecules to make water so doesn't that mean water (H2O) is wet because it is surrounded by its self? And you need a liquid to make something wet. H2O molecules coming in contact with another molecule or object, there fore i just answered my own question. Water is wet because you need H2O molecules to make something wet and H2O molecules surrounding themselves thus making water wet. Try making something wet without a liquid.

• Definitions are Key.

To paraphrase every college speech ever, the word wet is defined as "Covered or saturated with water or another liquid.", or "Liquid that makes something damp." Therefore, because water is saturated with itself and can make something else wet, it can be defined as wet, just like any other liquid

• Water is wet

If something comes out of the water, and you feel moisture on it, IT IS WET. Water is wet and makes other things wet. For example, if you are in your bathroom, about to get in the shower, and you check the water temperature by placing your arm in, your arm becomes wet! Thus, water is wet. Thank you and I hate you 59%.

• Can you define wet without liquid?

I am noticing that half or more of the arguments on the no side are saying that water (or other liquid) is a necessary part of the definition of "wet" - if liquid is necessary to define wet, wouldn't that mean that you cannot be "wet" without a liquid? If that is true, then you can define any liquid as being "wet"? Therefore, I would submit that water must be wet.

• Yesssssssssssssssssss it issss

YES It IS BOO IT IS WET U KNO BC WHEN I SWIM I GET RLLY WET BC THE WATER IS WET BC GOD MADE IT THAT WAY BOO AND GO DALLAS COWBOYS HONEY BOO. ILY WATER IS WET. LETS GO WATER IS WET DONT EVER THINK ABOURT ARGUING W ME.

• Water is not wet

The guardian states, "Water isn't wet. Wetness is a description of our experience of water; what happens to us when we come into contact with water in such a way that it impinges on our state of being. We, or our possessions, 'get wet'." Clearly, as the text states above, you can see that when your in water your NOT WET.......!!!!

• Now Listen Up!

If you say water is wet.... Say you pour water on water, would u say the water is wet? No! But if you pour water on paper then the paper is wet. You cannot say water is wet but that it makes things wet. If you say water is wet you might as well say the fire is on fire not the house is on fire. I'm not saying that water is dry. I'm just saying that water is not wet. Water makes things wet

• Basically it's a no...

If your under water do you feel wet? No cuz "Water is a compound of Oxygen and Hydrogen. They are on your skin but underwater the water particles are still in there molecular pattern and when you get out some of the water particles are on you and slow escape in to the air. "

• Just going to give you words from a scientist's pen.

Back in the old days, when water was where we needed to spend our time, touch was a lot more important than it is now. We as beings had to be immediately aware if we were going in or out of water. Therefore, the feeling of wet is a primal sensory reminder.

However, thereafter once we ascended onto the land and trees, the feeling of wet became a sensory reminder of something out of the ordinary; it is raining - get shelter, you fell in a creek - start swimming.

The reason it feels as it feels when water touches the skin is actually a complex electro-chemical reaction which works at amazing speeds. The sensory inputs are a combination of:

1. Your body's pH at that moment
    2. The water's pH
    3. Your body's temperature at that moment
    4. The water's temperature
    5. The atmospheric pressure
    6. Molecular polarity

Ewan Sweeney, Swindon, UK

• Water isn't wet

Water makes things wet, but isn't wet itself. Basically if you put a towel in water, you cannot tell it is wet until you take it out. It is heavy when it is out of the water because it is wet. When you put it back in the water, it is not heavy anymore because it is not wet anymore.

• Now Listen Up!

• Water is just simply NOT wet

How can water be wet. When an object come into contact with water it is then wet. When an object is submerged in water it is then not wet. Just like water is not wet...It is just water. Water is not considered wet because it simply is nothing else. Water is not wet. It just isn't.

• Is water wet?

I think the answer is obvious. Water is not wet. The assumption that all water identifies as wet is stereotyping because we do not know how water identifies and therefore cannot assume that all water is wet. Water does cause people and things to become wet however it itself is not wet. Wet describes something that has a liquid on it, and a liquid cannot have another liquid on it. Therefore it is scientifically impossible for water to be wet.

• P EeE nnnNN uuUs

Water isn't wet. Wetness is a description of our experience of water; what happens to us when we come into contact with water in such a way that it impinges on our state of being. We, or our possessions, 'get wet'. So yeh boi deail wit it and cat mi out sid.

• Water is not wet

The issue here is that some people feel that water molecules touching other water molecules technically makes water wet. On the other hand, other people choose to see water as a single entity. The latter is the correct way to interpret the question because H2O isn't necessarily water. H2O is merely a chemical compound. Ice is also H2O, but it is certainly not water. Therefore water is not wet, rather wetness is a reaction to interaction with water.