• White pride dependant on subjugation

Many of the great things that white people have done have been accomplished using the labor, resources, or land of other nations of people. We also define our race in terms of other races. White people are the "normal" race and everyone else is different. I believe that is bigoted.

• Whiteness doesn't exist. It was made up to exclude people.

There is obviously not any common culture shared between people that are categorized as white in the United States. Think about all the people groups with pale skin: Normans, Anglo-Saxons, Gaelic, Slavic, Germanic, Hispanic, Italian, Green, Russian, etc. There is no common culture there. There isn't even closer common ancestry than with other "non-white" groups. Italians have a lot more common ancestry with Northern Africans than with Russians and Slavs. Instead, whiteness was made up to exclude people. Just think about the "one drop" rule that formed the basis for race-based slavery in America: if you have one drop of African blood, then you're not considered white and you inherit the slave status of your parents. Because southern slave owners had plenty of children with their slaves (and then enslaved them), there's actually a lot of common ancestry between many pale skinned and dark skinned people in America. This just shows how artificial the distinction is between "white" people and other racial groupings. If you take pride in your "whiteness," then you take pride in belonging to a group that was made to exclude other people.

Posted by: ikus
  • If your upset about it, your probs racist.

The answer is that white pride is perceived as racist because most of the people who promote it are white separatists or supremacists using the term to reference white power and dominion, whereas most people of color promoting pride in their respective heritages are using the term more appropriately as an invocation of cultural solidarity.

• Depends on the country

White pride, even in the countries I'm going to mention, is not racist. It's just in some countries the meaning has been ruined. In the case of Denmark and Britain, it's hard to be proud of whiteness without being seen as a racist Klan member or imperialist. But in the case of Germany, Italy and Spain, they don't have that history.

• Yes, all racist supremecy is inherently racist.

Yes, White Pride, like all racist supremacy, is inherently racist. It is wrong to think that a person is better than another simply because of the color of their skin. There are no inherent preferences in one race over another. We are all human. Anyone who thinks otherwise is inherently racist and wrong.

• White Is not a majority

If the world was shrunk to 100 people, 57 would be Asian, 70 would be non-white with only 30 white. Whites are not a majority by single race or by population. If other minorities can have pride organizations then why can't whites? If whites don't teach hate or superiority they should have as much pride in their color and European ancestry as any other group. Not allowing it is oppression, oppression is racism and bigotry.
    We should always cite: http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/populate.asp

• It doesn't define a person

Just because someone's proud of an intrinsic characteristic of their body doesn't mean they dislike everything that is not it. I'm proud of being a woman. Lots of women are. But that doesn't mean we want men eradicated, that we hate them. White people, their history, their cultures have just as a much of a right to be valued, respected, and stood for as any other. White people have done bad things, yes, but pretty much every group in history has as well. The collective does not define the individual, and being proud to be white doesn't make you somehow vehemently opposed to every other race. It just makes you someone who's proud of their ethnicity.

• Definitions are important.

Google definition of racist-a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

Google definition of pride-a feeling or deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one's own achievements, the achievements of those with whom one is closely associated, or from qualities or possessions that are widely admired.

By the definitions, White pride is no more racist than Asian pride, Black ( or African American) pride, Latino pride, or any other race based pride. Thinking one's race has done good doesn't inherently mean that it's better. CAN white pride be racist? Absolutely! Just like ALL THE OTHERS!

• Read the question.

The question doesn't ask if white "supremacy" is racist. The word here is "pride". Pride is not synonymous with supremacy, that's why they are two different words. It's also why gay pride is not called gay supremacy. Yes. I am proud to be white. No, that pride does not make me racist.

• Proud to be white

What with black pride, gay pride, brown pride what could be wrong with white pride. Why is it that only white pride considered racist? Right now there is a big push to "check your privilege" which is designed to make white people ashamed of being white. When ever somebody tells me to check your privilege my reply is Check your brain.

• White Pride is not White Supremacy

A Caucasian person being proud of the accomplishments of his ancestors has no relevance or impact on the capacity for anyone else to have pride in their heritage/ancestors achievements. If the racism supposedly inherent in western culture and colonialism is the bad side of "White Culture" we get to claim and be proud the good stuff with it as well.

• Is White Pride inherently racist?

No it is not!!! What is wrong with having pride in your race and when did it become racist ? I am a proud Midwesterner white man ! I have pride in my race ! As all races should have pride in their race. Learn the history of your race then maybe you would have pride in it .I am a proud German White Man. Who knows where my family comes from and when we came to this great country . But me having pride in being white is racist ? Take that Bullshit down the road ! Because here's the facts of the matter ! I will gladly and willing stand beside all 325 million of my brothers and sister of America the sons and daughters of this country ! To fight any man who say because your skin color is different than mine we are not equal ... If your standing there beside me I could care less what color your skin is ! As long as we have common ground which is fighting against someone trying to tell us otherwise are make us divide along racist lines. Because wake up America WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!!!!!! If one of us falls we all fall. These time we live in now everyone is so quick to judge by your skin color! Instead of getting to know that person. One of my best friends in the world is a black man a proud black man! Do you really think I see the color of his skin ? No all I see is my brother who picked me up when I was down and had nothing ! And loved me no matter the color of my skin !!! I would gladly fight and die for that man ! But now with me telling you all that can you really still say I am racist for having white pride ??? I love this Country ! I love the people in this Country ! NO MATTER YOUR RACE. And am more than willing to lay my life on the line to protect everyone in it . But I will continue to have WHITE PRIDE AND BE PROUD TO BE WHITE . But by no means am I racist for that .

• Is White Pride inherently racist?

It is not! I am proud white man .. I have pride in my race. That by no mean makes me a racist . Ever race should have pride in there race. Learn the history of your race and be proud of it . We as White American's have been so scare to show that we are proud of our white race because of all the bullshit with racist . I am telling you now that this is where this has to end. I will stand beside my 325 million brothers and sister of America as an equal. No matter race ! But if i have pride in my race and i am still standing beside you fighting right there with you does it really matter if i am a proud white man? I dont understand how everyone makes this so much harder than it really is . I am white i am proud to be white I take great pride in my race. Because i am white and you are black do i see you as lesser than me ? HELL NO I DONT !!!! Because America Remeber this we are all in this mess together !!!!!!! No matter what !!!! All Lives Matter No Just Black !!!

• This can’t even be a real question...?

Omg it’s like when will this stuff go away.. Best attempt at this from a 23 yr old white man living in texas’ perspective. #1. Every race should be able to have pride in their race. PERIOD.#2 people where I’m from contrary to popular belief want all this stuff gone. Let’s be one human race, fine by me, or let’s all be able to express and rejoice in our heritage equally without fear of repercussions... HOWEVER, what is completely not right and very racist at a very basic level of for certain races get praised for ethnic pride, and another have to constantly walk on eggshells...And the reason being? Because my great great great great grandpa may or may not owned slaves? Now I don’t have a masters degree in history or anything.. But I know for a fact that all races were enslaved at one point in time (whites by other whites, and even Caribbean/Muslim had a huge white Christian slave trade) if people would just start acting like the preach we should instead of just preaching about it maybe something could be accomplished, but I don’t see that happening. I have black friends ,and, I know, how cliche of me right, but it’s just the god awful truth.. I don’t see color. I see ignorance, of which every race has a plenty. Growing up I stayed over at clack friends houses, them at mine. Brothers, just as much as any of my whites friends.. So to sum it up, if a 23 yr old republican white man living in TEXAS has this thing figured out, can’t you all see this is just a distraction from the main problem. I hope someone reads this and finds comfort knowing there are good people out there and don’t buy into the hype

• If "white" pride is racist, then all pride is racist.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. How I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎