• Everyone is unfairly against Windows.

Windows is the best operating system available because of its user-friendly GUI which everyone tried to copy or beat, but failed. Windows also has the simplest installation methods. There are only two operating systems at the moment: UNIX/Linux and Windows. Everything else falls in between. If it were not for Windows we would be using poorer hardware. Being free is not an excuse to being a failure. Windows is analogous to Manchester United in English football. Everyone hates Manchester United but it is arguably one of, if not the strongest English team. By the way, MacOSX is UNIX. Linux is UNIX. Every other operating system is LINUX. Enough said.

• Yes

Window's OS is the most user friendly thing out there whether it be for gaming, word documents, presentations, or for anti-virus software. Now, Mac OS is good for the user who wants to edit music, video, and other programs of the sort. But I mean hey, I can go buy a program that I would need for that.

• Yes

Yes Windows is the best operating system. Apple has been very successful and very impressive as of late but I think Windows is still years ahead of it's competition. It has been available much longer and has a bigger base in terms of technology and company compared to apple or other operating systems

• Yes, if by "best" you mean "most user-friendly".

The criteria for "best operating system" will vary from person to person. I believe most people would consider Windows the "best" for this reason, as the average joe computer user will likely already be familiar with Windows in some form, and (as a result of its ubiquitous adoption) they can rest assured that virtually any software or hardware they purchase will work with a minimum of hassle. Other operating systems have their own strengths, but Windows just works, and that's all that most people want.

• Yes sure windows in the best!!!!!

I mean lets get real for a moment. You install windows 10 in about 45 minutes and for most linuxes its about the same but remember. Biggest base linuxes are about 1 gigabytes or 2 while windows 10 can be more than 5 gigabytes of data. And what happens when you open them. On linux there are about 2 functional buttons, 3 are nonfunctional and in those two buttons there are some pictures to play with. Maybe slide down or up. On windows though, you feel like a god. Its professional its fast, its all functional. You have a godlike user interface. The thing that linux does not have. You have those two buttons in linux, but you still search google for codes to write in terminal. Linux is free because its not worth a penny. Nobody would sell a paper without taking the money. Just not sure why people still buy android while windows phone does 10 times more. Trust me. When you work with windows you know some genius ground breaker dedicated himself to give you an operational os

• Yes sure windows in the best!!!!!

• Yes sure windows is the best!!!!!

• Windows is the Best!

Windows is well-designed for every type of a computer user. It's simple yet very useful. The UI is very beautiful, modern, cozy, and not to mention how customizable it is. It's programs are also better than on any other operating system (MS Office being a clear example). Also very easy to use.

• Windows is the Best!

• Windows is better than Linux, as well as Mac OS X (they are the same , really)

First of all, Mac OS X can't be installed by any other devices other than Mac computers. Windows does the job. Windows can be installed on any devices(except on that silly Mac made by selfish Apple). Also, Mac is a lot expensive. Mac can't be installed on other devices because Apple wants money, and Mac OS denies the installation if it doesn't come with Mac computers. Furthermore, Mac OS doesn't come with the virtual assistant, Siri, as the new Windows 10 does(Cortana). Also , Mac OS's interface is VERY BAD, as the 'dock' can't be customized and theme of applications isn't customizable(including the frame). Also, Mac OS isn't user-friendly as it doesn't come with a built-in writing pad, you have to buy one.

• Extremely unstable and laggy

Only good thing about Windows is its support for gaming. I have used Windows, Linux and Apple computers. I find that Windows is like a poison that kills computers, day by day. It is also extremely unstable and picks up viruses like crazy. Please, just get a Mac or install Linux...

• Because windows is BIG and bad code...

Windows is like the unwanted child that buffalos everyone else but doesnt do well performing.
    Also because linux and unix are better performing than windows, they should be used by heavy gamers... So games should be developed for all platforms heavily including linux. If you think windows is better. Ask yourself first. Could you learn and do better. Change for better? In the end linux will be the most up-to-date platform so up yours windows.

• Just do itt

Uiljiooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouuyuyttydfy jjgh hh h hhh h hh h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h hhhhh hhhh h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h

• Windows users are ignorant

The people giving arguments for Windows being the best OS are ignorant. Just look at some of their arguments. Safari is not an OS, Windows does not have the best file management or memory management get a clue, it is laughable that you think customizing the taskbar makes it beat the customizability of linux, and stating that windows has the best anti virus software is also a pretty funny joke.

• Windows, best known - but Linux perform better.

Having enjoyed windows since ver 3.0, it was for many years only option for PC's -outside Mac world - other was Linux, but though performance was impressive, the system was for guys who mastered long command lines, and not for us in need of a GUI.

This has however changed over the last few years, GUI is now on par with windows, though not as fancy in the graphics.

AND have you first once tried how an old, slow and exhausted PC equipped with Windows can be revitalized installing, say, Ubuntu
    - I trust you would judge this OS a clear winner.

Especially when you experience that performance do not decrease over time - like all the MS OS'es do.

I have for the last 12 mths used windows 7, and was happy with the performance when new and reinstalled - however a year later it seems
    that Microsoft has not had any cure for pested registry files - so reinstall seems, still, to be only way to increase performance.

One would have expected Windows OS to have reached a higher degree of maturity over the last 25 years or so - but this problem have
    apparently not been an issue to MS - so in terms of long term reliable performance - Linux is IMHO a clear and undisputed winner.

• Opinion? There are some facts you can't ignore

Who uses windows? The avarage person who wants to browse the internet and aake a word document or something like that. So windows i the best os right? Er. For simple tasks like these windows is sufficient (emphasis on the sufficient), as are mac, linux and other *nix systems. And yes, it is cheaper than mac. But if you're going to start talking about that, I have a few words for you: "Cough cough... Linux... Cough splutter cough... FreeBSD... Ahem... Solaris...". So as far as the avarage user is concerned, there's no clear winner (hint: linux isn't user unfriendly and doesnt require expertise. Just because there is a lot of emphasis on the command pine in unix, doesn't mean you have to use it, and most of the desktops (gnome, kde, mate, xfce) are easy to use.) But what if you're not an avarge user? That's when windows' general brokeness becomes clear. Let me explain. 1) Windows is suceptible to viruses. I don't care that you can buy anti-virus software (not to mention that it often doesn't actually protect your computer); I don't want to buy an already bad os and then buy more software to make it work properly. 2) Windows does not know how to handle network connections. Back in the olden days when I used windows vista, I experienced this a lot. One day my computer decided that every time it started up it would take five minutes (no, really) to connect to the internet. Five minutes, out of the blue. WhatTheHell. Another example: once my windows computer's internet time started to think it was the year 2048, and I needed ro restart twice before it would agree to synchronise. And that's not it. When my computer didn't want to acknowledge the existence of the wifi router (other devices of mine would) I foolishly asked windows to diagnose th problem. It said no problem detected. I don't supose part of the diagnosis was to try to CONECT TO THE INTERNET to actually see if it was working? 3) Windows paths use '\' rather than '/'. This is just pure assholery. Windows came about after other operating systems, and will be gone before others, so what point is there in being difficult? 4) Windows is built around very platform-specific stuff. If some poor fellow inadvertantly writes a program in C using dos.H, what happens if his linux using friend wants to compile it for his use? And why is microsoft so obsessed with vb.Net? It has always been an ugly language and becuase windows is held together by chewd and spitten out vb scripts, very little you do on windows can be used on more sensible systems. 5) No open source. Why? It just limits windows usage. 6) Windows slows down. I have used Mac, Wwindows and Linux, and of the three only windows slows down over time. Of course, the other two only get around this problem with magic. I think I can now rest my case.

• Not best, not to me

The biggest reasons people like Windows is because it is what they are familiar with and it has a lot of 3rd party software, but that is only because it is popular. If Linux was most used it would have just as much software and people would know it just was well as Windows. So Windows it's self isn't really better.

• Not best, not to me

• Gets slow day by day, prone to viruses, have to install many softs like office, av etc, sound card, graphics driver

In linux it all comes pre-installed. It does not get slow day by day. Office and other soft are pre installed.In linux internet speed is much faster than windows. I need not to install cleaning programs. Yes it is not as user friendly as windows but you can easily learn it. Linux allows you to customize everything. For example in win 8 there is no startup sound you cannot add startup sound in win 8 as Microsft live chat helper said. But in ubuntu 13.10 there is no startup sound, but i have added it