• Would someone lie about something like this?

It would take a sick individual with no interest in life at all to create a documentary that involves the falsification of a shark. I am sure that this is real. There is no reason to believe that mankind could ever be so depraved as to make something that was obviously fake.

• Not Enough Evidence to Support Shark Week Documentary

I only caught part of this documentary during Shark Week, but I question it's authenticity. I Googled Hout Bay, and I could find any record of the event. Many of the details presented seemed flawed or inaccurate. And the "characters" seemed like just that - actors. From what I saw, "Wrath of Submarine" seemed more like a mockumentary.

• Yes it is fake

I think that Wrath Of Submarine is definitely fake. I feel that if it was real that they would come out and show more proof. They would be showing more evidence that it definitely happened and trying to deflect all the negative comments. I would need to see much more proof to believe it is real.

• I am from the area and in my opinion the video is 100% fake.

I am from South Africa and in my student years (studying marine biology initially) had friends in the Navy who claim to have seen submarine while on patrol with a namaquara boat in the 70s. The boat is 30 ft long and they claim that the shark appeared to be several feet longer than the boat.

You can check out the dimensions of the Namaquara at the following site. http://www.navy.mil.za/equipment/patrol.htm

All evidence of submarine's existence is anecdotal, though their are multiple claims of sightings. Who really knows if the thing existed and if so, whether these were "that" shark. To the best of my knowledge, there have been no credible sightings since the 80s.

I have been fascinated with the False Bay sharks ever since the 70s when an uncle went hunting Whites in False Bay, which was all the rage after Jaws. After they harpooned a massive White, it rammed their boat sinking it. They were in the water with they inflated drum circling them when another boat picked them up. I have followed shark news ever since.

Family members have homes at Pringle Bay and the Strand, both places are part of the False Bay coastline. I have dived and my family swim in that bay. We have seen White sharks in the waves when whales wash up on the shore. False Bay is home to the "flying sharks" and the seal island in the video is where they generally feed.

In recent years there have been few fatal attacks and they always make the news. There were two incidents within a short time where humans were totally devoured. One a diver (unusual but witnessed by his diving partner). Another where an elderly lady was eaten in front of witnesses whilst taking her daily swim. However, there has been no dramatic incident like this video in the news, ever. I would have known and remembered. It is fake, I am 100% certain of that.

The closest relative to the White (Cacharadon Cacharius) is the extinct giant - Cacharacles Megalodon,. Several years ago shark week showed an entirely fabricated documentary about a Megalodon in False Bay. It was well made with eye witnesses, shark experts and photoshopped pictures. So, I have taken to viewing shark week's more exotic episodes as simple entertainment rather than as credible documentaries.

• Yes, The "Wrath of Submarine" is fake.

Discovery channel does this every year , for the rating. No, shark has ever been found that size. They do this every year, for " shark week" . The locals believe it"s a shark , no proof. Anyway its fun to watch , for the family , so if you don't believe change the channel.

• Yes, it is.

I think that most things they show during shark week are actually completely fabricated to get viewers to tune in. It even says before the first scene is shown that some of the events may have been over dramatized and that the existance of this even is highly controversial. This proves it isn't real.

Formerland1 says2014-08-11T17:45:32.733
This caught my intrest I will have to watch it now , sigh yet another thing on my list .