• I think so

As a Christian, I look at things as they relate to prophecy. World events are lining up for the emergence of a one world order. Israel is being abandoned by it's allies, setting the stage for a peace treaty by the Antichrist, between Israel and Palestine. A treaty he will break 3 1/2 years later, when he enters the Temple and declares himself God. This will set the stage for the final battle. Call me crazy, but that's what I believe. That's what the Bible teaches.

• It may come in the next century

It's not a possibility; it's an inevitability. Though, the world may not have to worry about it getting to the point that it is called WW III in the near (five to ten years) future, however, the world is on the path to it as we speak.

More than likely, as other posters have hypothesized, it will come near the end of the supply of oil as oil is the lifeblood of any nation. The population is exploding at an unprecedented rate and as that continues, the demand for oil will sky-rocket and the end of oil will come much sooner than projected.

Then will come the inevitability of forging alliances. This may very well be what is happening now- the way that it seems the Western world is against Eastern world. Western: U.S., Europe, Israel (because Europe and the U.S. consider Israel "their baby"). Eastern: Muslim countries and all those who despise the U.S. and Europe... Like Venezuela and Russia. Russia because, after the end of the Cold War, their country was left in shambles and many of them yearn for a return of Communism; take a look at Vladimir Putin who is really pulling the strings of Medvedev because he cannot legally be president until he can figure a way to stage a coup (and I think he is one shrewd and cunning cookie and will eventually figure it out).

China is a "wild card" and I am unsure which side it will take, or it will wait out the conflict and then ally itself with whomever seems to be emerging as the victor. Or China will wait it out, dormant and swoop in to duke it out with the victor. China will play a huge role in this as it seems to be the next world power to take the place of the U.S.

And it will be both thermonuclear and biological. What a killer combination: either weaken a country so that it cannot fight and then obliterate it, or wipe it out and leave the survivors infected. Though, I like the idea brought forth by "V for Vendetta": what better way to wage a war by introducing a virus in order to leave the infrastructure intact, but kill off the populace?

As for how it will all play out to the end, that has yet to be seen. The only thing we can count on is the fact it WILL happen. Besides death and taxes being an inevitability, war is one as well. It is a depressing fact, but one that humanity, unless we find a way to band together to defeat the things that don't discriminate in who they destroy (AIDS, other viruses, hunger, etc), cannot avoid.

• World War 3 is Overdue

After WWI there was a 21 year period until WWII. Right now were running on 70 years. War is inevitable for now. Rules have been made but in a war that your losing, which would you do? Follow rules set up for an abstract concept of "right and wrong" or do whatever it takes for your country to survive. Many countries the US included now have nuclear weapons. A quote "I know not what weapons WW3 will be fought with, but WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones." We can delay it but it cannot be stopped. Prepare yourself.

• It's going to happen sooner or later...

I have been observing the world for some time. We are unfortunately headed for another world war, sad as it seems. I don't know when or where or how it will happen, but war will occur before peace will. It always does, and always happen. The stupidity of some selfish men will undermine a lot of good people. That's what I believe.

Hope I die before I get old.

• Its the nature of the beast which is the Human

Humans have been waging war against each other since the dawn of their creation & besides the fact that this backwater civilisation of ours is over populated from every bastard breeding like rabbits, our resources are dwindling, our oceans are dying and yet we think we are the superior species upon this beautiful planet of ours. Well a population might do us & the other creatures sharing this beautiful home ours some justice. So I say let the war games begin its overdue.

• Donald Trump will start WWIII

My point of view is that if Donald Trump is elected, yes he will start World War III by bombing China (My Guess). Donald Trump is capable of starting the war and since he has no political experience, he is more likely to start a war with the world. So Yes, WWIII is coming soon.

• You only think you know.

I will not try to assume I know how everything will come. All I can say is we live in a nation eager to fight. Every day we wage war against races, Against religion. Against politics. We crave destruction. We are selfish and ignorant. The worlds balance of power hinges on our ability to grow up and wake up. This, I fear, is impossible. Hence World War III's inevitable arrival. It is not something we can stop because we do not wish to stop it. If people in this country (America) stopped to take a look at the current geopolitical landscape instead of looking for Pokestops, then maybe they'd actually realize we are in trouble and life as we know it will cease to exist. A world conflict today will have a different effect than it's counterparts throughout history. A global conflict today will spell extinction for the human race. Maybe there is still time to rectify this problem.

• Angry Christians Will Be The Real Start

Ok, let me start of by saying that I have nothing against Christians, I think like all other religions, there mostly good ones, and also some crazy ass motherfuckers. I think that Muslims (nothing against the good ones) will do something else to America or some Christian priest again or something that will make America, but mostly Christians tick. And while everyone thinks that Muslim are the crazy ones, Christians get real fucking insane if you piss them off. The holy war, crusades, witch burning, Protestant scalping and burning, all done because Christians felt threatened. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but if Muslims push their buttons and the Christians go apeshit on them, don't be surprised if WW3 ensues. Because no offense, but the Muslim terrorist groups have been offending and terrorizing other countries that probably want revenge too. And one they start fighting, other countries will start fighting with each other. And with all of the modern weapons, I hope it happens long after I'm gone, but I probably won't.

• Russia+Iran+France+Pakistan vs USA+Nato+Saudi+UK

USA just flexes its military and Russia embraces foe Pakistan+Military training of Russian army in pakistan with pakistani army , USA & Nato intervention in Ukraine,Russia intervention in Syria despite of US+Nato warning,Russia 10,000 AK47 pieces gift to Afghanistan, Non sense of USA & NATO by creating ISIS & supporting Taliban, Rising of Russia+North Korea+Iran friendship with Russia, Israel intervention in West politics,

• Keks t r r r

R e e e d e e e d. E e s s s. E e e e e e d de d d d d d e. E d d d d d d d d er d. F e e. R r r e e e. R r e

• There is little reason for it

Nations across the world have made peace with each other, and now identify as "on the same team." Look at the United Nations, European Union. Countries economies rely too much on each other to go to war. We have seen the mistakes that were made that lead to the events of ww1 and ww2, and this is proven by how we are living in the most peaceful time in history on a global scale. Massive wars are virtually non existent, if there was, there would only be mutual destruction, and we know it too thank god. Also cultures are starting to assimilate more than ever before, and with that comes an understanding one another. The Media would like you to think that the world is turmoil, but really times have never been better. Sure there could eventually be a WW3, but in the near future? Unlikley

• Mutual assured destruction

Is the idea that no country will attack another country when it knows the likelihood of both of the countries being destroyed is high.

As we build more and more nukes, the amount of countries that fall under this mindset continues to increase.

For example, Russia would not Nuke the US because in doing so they would seal their own coffin when weapons exist on both sides that have such enormous affects.

Therefore any future war is not likely to be a worldwide war. If it is, it will be a Cold War.