• Yoga is the sixth most commonly used complementary health practice among adults in the USA; and 13 million adults used Yoga. (National Health Interview Survey)

Yoga is a mind and body practice with historical origins in ancient Indian philosophy. Like other meditative movement practices used for health purposes, various styles of yoga typically combine physical postures, breathing techniques, and meditation or relaxation. This fact sheet provides basic information about yoga, summarizes scientific research on effectiveness and safety, and suggests sources for additional information.

• Helps our focus

Helps calm the mind and also helps focus. I do yoga everyday and I can see the difference in my everyday routine. I am not stressed, I take things more easily, and helps in flexibility. Yoga can be considered a medicine in rejuvenating the mind. Its an free effortless remedy.

• Yoga was created by men for men

India is a caste society. There is a firm belief in reincarnation. As a result of this belief, if anyone at the top says anything, no one argues. Women's voices have never been a part of yoga at all. So, what we have is a bunch of men who do NOTHING all day, finally, move, at all, are amazed that it feels good to move, invent a whole series of ideas to explain things that they do not understand and we end up with a whole bunch of people who resist the ACTUAL things that bodies ACTUALLY need in favor of something that is perceived as "cool" and "full of secrets" but is, actually, primitive, too primitive to be of any real value